1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

New Website Plans To Tell Men:"Don't Date Her"

By August 17, 2007

Today's Yahoo! Buzz showed "Don't Date Her" as the #5 mover and shaker this week with regards to who is searching for what over at Yahoo! Although I'm unsure as to what initially created this buzz, the site everyone is looking for is Dont Date Her Man.

Due to the overwhelming success of Don't Date Him Girl, Don't Date Her is a variation on the theme, which allows men to publicly post their experiences with cheating girlfriends.

Unfortunately, it's relatively easy to post a complaint on Don't Date Him Girl, which may lead to some issues with abuse and slander. Still, I had to look and see if anyone I knew was on the site - if for no other reason than mere curiosity. Luckily no one was listed.

Don't Date Him / Don't Date Her seems to have a fairly comprehensive Terms of Use however, including items such as:

You will not post on the Service, or transmit to other Registered Users, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity).

... which to me would exclude many complaints of cheating partners. Yet I still have to wonder: do these kinds of sites actually change cheating behaviors? Do the people listed on them even know they are there? And do men and women check these kinds of sites before going out on a date with someone?

I'd be interested in hearing from singles who have used Don't Date Him or are thinking about submitting content to Don't Date Her (since the site isn't live yet). What is the motivator for you? Did posting on Don't Date Her / Don't Date Him change anything in your life? Do you (or would you) use Don't Date Her / Don't Date Him to 'check up' on potential dates?

Comments
August 19, 2007 at 11:33 pm
(1) Eileen says:

Yes, it’s reasonable.

August 20, 2007 at 3:46 pm
(2) Slapped in Salem says:

I’m seriously considering posting my most recent ex on Don’t date him girl for several reasons. The primary reason is that when he and I first hooked up and I asked him if he was clean he said he was. It later transpired that he had gentile warts and had known all along about this infection without a cure. We have since broken up and given his affinity for young college aged girls I’d say they deserve to know since he *obviously* wont tell them until it is too late.

August 29, 2007 at 6:00 pm
(3) anthony says:

dan slapped that sucks looks like u shouldn’t have hooked up with him so quickly. ya couldnt see the warts?

September 9, 2007 at 2:04 am
(4) Karen says:

I’ve definitely posted an ex on the DontDateHimGirl site. This guy was violent – both physically and emotionally and I felt that I had a responsibility to warn other women. Really, I only believe you should post on those sites if you’ve experienced a real psycho and a cheater who could pass on a VD of some sort. We all know men won’t be honest about it. The best we can do is warn others

September 13, 2007 at 12:13 pm
(5) OmniPresent says:

I love looking at the posts on DDHG some of them are hilarious I cant wait for don’t date her man; us men can get twice as brutal and women cheat just as much as men do. I guess it’s a good way to screen someone. You women should start thinking logically when you first enter a relationship then once you feel connected open your heart up, women tend to emotionally open up first the result is a pixalated vision and they don’t realize what a scumbag they’re dating till it’s to late. I don’t think I’ll ever post on these sites but it’s fun to read the stories.

It’s always a gamble when putting your feelings on line.

September 19, 2007 at 5:47 am
(6) anonymous says:

I am grateful to sites like DontDateHimGirl.com and Womansavers.com. Recently I met online and a “relationship” started to developed very quickly. Fortunately, I did the requisite background checks before becoming too deeply involved and discovered that the man is an internet predator with a history of trolling for conquests.

In today’s global world there is no excuse to not check up on potential mates and I am very thankful to the women who had the courage to post their experiences so that others like me are spared from going through the same pain and suffering they were subjected to.

We no longer live in small communities where we all know each other and technology such as the internet is a necessary tool to gather information about who we meet.

October 2, 2007 at 8:58 pm
(7) itisI says:

I agree with OmniPresent. My man’s ex posted HIM on DDHG. LMAO. I couldn’t help think how much of an azz she made HERSELF out to be. I’ve been with him for about 18 months now and haven’t seen anything like what she was posting. He and I couldn’t stop laughing. So now we just type in a male name and read – what fun on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

November 28, 2007 at 10:38 am
(8) Alicia says:

I dont really think men care or even want to get into the drama of writing about there EX. It will be the current girlfriend that will do it, not the guy. The ones that will post the girls are already on dontdatehimgirl.com.

November 28, 2007 at 10:43 am
(9) Lori says:

Absolutely! Women should know who they are dating. At least the guy might straighten up or the girl will know a red flag sooner. Either way, it;s good to know so we arent snowed over. Goldigging women are the exeption.. Guys have no idea how mens actions mess their whole lives up including future relationships.

December 18, 2007 at 1:59 pm
(10) K .B. says:

Employers screen for drug users…The Government screens..WELL,FOR EVERYTHING NOW!..So, why can’t woman screen for potential losers?

December 19, 2007 at 5:39 pm
(11) ankna says:

how can i find girl? website with woman who is cheating??

June 2, 2008 at 9:00 pm
(12) Amy B. says:

I know first hand that 85% of these women are scorned and jealous your #4 comment being one of them….Liars maybe but women are just as guilty and I can’t wait for the rebutal! I am a twenty something woman who “stole” my husband from a senior citizen!(lol) How do you steal a man they are not property there was no gun he went willingly he was not happy….I feel if you truely had feelings for the man you would want nothing but happiness for them….Your Worst Nightmare!!

October 17, 2008 at 10:17 am
(13) Anon. says:

I am seriously considering putting my recent ex-husband on one of these sites. He was fine before we got married and then turned psycho after we got married. He refused to get a job, went to bed at 5AM and got up at 3PM and played World of Warcraft all night long. It was horrible coming home from work and he was still asleep. He became extremely emotionally abusive and I felt like I lived alone with some crazy man in my house. I mowed the lawn, did the laundry, cleaned, took care of our 3 dogs, worked and did all the shopping. He thought he was amazing when he did one load of laundry…his laundry. It all ended when he got mad at me for saying he was “hard to love” and he threw me up against our front door (which he still denies) threw my clothes out in the front yard, took my house key, and threw me out of the house at midnight. I went to live with my parents and never came back. When I went back 2 days later for the rest of my clothes, he had already changed the locks on the house. So as you can see, he’s crazy. We did counseling and he just tried to pin every issue on me while I sat there and said nothing because I couldn’t get a word in. I know he will never change and I just don’t want him to screw up anyone else’s mind the way he destroyed mine. Women don’t deserve that treatment.

October 17, 2008 at 12:40 pm
(14) Adrienne says:

I think it is reasonable…actually, I think it is essential for women to look up men on DDHG…being that it seems women don’t realize what they are getting into, until after the fact…(i.e: when your friends tell you the truth in regards to what they know/think of “him”..)etc..speaking from experience, it would have saved me ALOT of trouble..

November 4, 2008 at 6:00 pm
(15) Trisha says:

My loving boyfriend tells me how much he loves but he spend a few bucks to check if i’m good.the only time we talk is on weekends wth free minutes.at times i try to call to cal him and he tels me he is busy or pretend to b asleep.euery gal needs TLC

December 2, 2008 at 6:00 pm
(16) I know for sure says:

There are committed women who need put on a site. I am in a business where I see BOTH men and women who cheat. Also, I have clients that are escorts and their significant other don’t know about it.

March 5, 2009 at 10:41 am
(17) gia says:

True story, Me and 3 of my girls got a link from a friend telling us to check out ddhg.com, we checked out a couple of profiles and decided to do a random search and we ran across a guy that all 4 of us knew by 4 different names. he was trying to get with all of us and it turned out that he had an std was arrested for beating on his wife and was a thief none of which we ever saw in him individually but when we started putting things together it all made sense. I think the sites are a good way for people to make others aware and although a small percentage of the posts will be from scorned women/men its still vital especially with the technology these days you never know what you are getting. Mainly the only people who disagree with the sites are people needed to be added to the site.

April 6, 2009 at 7:48 pm
(18) Tagus says:

Turns out Alicia (8) was right. is now parked by GoDaddy; out of business.

October 18, 2009 at 1:59 am
(19) biteme says:

I have posted on DDHG and while it did not change anything in my world, the rest of the women out there need to know that my ex is a crack head and has been in prison. (all after we were together) and while I supported him thru his ‘trama’ the truth is he is a user and a soul-less liar that could care less about anyone but himself. He goes on the internet purporting to be a good guy who was ‘tired’ and changed careers, but he is really just another crack addict and uses ‘depression’ as the reason for his lack of humanity. I would like MORE venues to let other women know how cruel and soul-less he really is. If he wants to use the internet to attract victims, I have a responsibility to let other people know how dangerous he is to have in their lives, in business & in love!!!!!

October 21, 2009 at 1:07 pm
(20) DDHG hater says:

The best part is 90% of everything left on DDHG is nothing but scorn women trying to exact thier revenge like it has been said time and time again. One of my buddies (absolute great guy) dated a total loser. She was nothing but street trash and even with that he treated her like an angel, gave her a car, house to live in and 2 years of his life, spoiled her rotten. When he found out she stole 10k from him he broke it off. DDHG was used as her revenge for him dumping her. Not a single piece of truth was put up there about him and for the longest time it slandered him so badly that this “nice guy” couldn’t get a date to save his life and women would tell him it’s because of posts on DDHG. The guys a strait shooter, litterely the nicest guy in the world, and that unregulated piece of crap site ruined his life for over a year and kept him by himself and not able to date anyone because a crackhead was mad he dumped her with good reason. Best part is she posted under several screen names and email accounts to make it look like it was more then just her doing it all. We know all this because he finally took her to court on it and had it all removed. It took him paying to go to court and taking a big chunk of time and money out of his life to get rid of lies spread by a woman with a chip on her shoulder. I’ve read through some of the local ones and it’s nothing but dejected women saying what ever they can to try to ruin someones life, wether they derserve it or not. If it was properly regulated it would be a great site to protect women and one for men would be excellent to but at its current state its nothing more then a breeding ground of filth and lies. The sites junk, should be shut down.

October 21, 2009 at 1:16 pm
(21) DDHG hater says:

And no, when I say my friend I don’t mean myself. I do check the site regularly though for my own name since I have dated a few non-keepers to that ended in a less then desirable manner………

September 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm
(22) 1less says:

I have posted a LTR ex on DDHG. I wish someone had warned me about the psychopath before I wasted my time and money. If anything, it should stimulate a conversation between the couple and help the female to see the red flags for what they are as they come. The only thing I don’t like is that the site is infested with viruses and doesn’t always post the guy on the big search engines. It is also hard to go back and edit one’s posting.

September 27, 2011 at 5:43 am
(23) Jen says:

The site dontdatehimgirl is revealing personal information
of men without their consent
(names, addresses etc)
The site needs to obtain the consent of
every man that personal information
is being revealed about.
What ddhg is doing is illegal under privacy law.

March 4, 2012 at 11:25 pm
(24) dan says:

This is Bull the “don’t Date her” site is already dead, it was the follow up to the “Don’t Date Him Girl” which is still alive and well. I have an ex who has to be avoided unless you want to live in a cardboard Box on the off ramp of route 8. But Only the ladies get to have their say, because they are vindictive and always ( selfishly wrong) right. I was trying to help my brothers out, my ex needs to be avoided, seriously she will wreck you. She is a selfish Sociopath. instead only vindictive ladies get to squash their exs….Knowing women I bet half those men are just listed for having broken up with them, women are hateful spiteful.

August 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm
(25) stef says:

dorree flinn is a gold digger who plays house with you for a bit then takes you to the cleaners she thinks that she is entitled to luxury and refuses to work she wants to be kept by a man no self respecting person would ever want to be a friend of hers DO NOT EVEN TRY TO DATE HER SHE WILL CHEW YOU UP AND SPIT YOU OUT AND TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY cause that is how she was raised by MONSTERS

September 14, 2012 at 8:15 pm
(26) Sheldon says:

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you are
not already ;) Cheers!

January 12, 2013 at 3:30 am
(27) Diego says:

I wil certainly use this website, is time that we all know who the female players are, so we can run for our lives!!!!

March 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(28) Onwardandupward says:

RE:Omnipresents comment: your are so wrong when u say women cheat as much as men. When a women truly loves a man she desires nobody else. Women usually don’t differentiate between sex and love. Where as men can love (their version of love any ways) their wife or GF, cheat on her with anything in a skirt (or in my exes case anything that would bend his gay ass over lol) and never feel guilty about it. Assuming he doesn’t get caught that is! Men aren’t much more evolved today then they were in the caveman days if u ask me. They still follow their penis instead of their mind or heart. Sad.

April 7, 2013 at 12:27 am
(29) Copper says:

@28. Typical, woman gets hurt by one guy then the rest must be the same. I love how you say men haven’t evolved much since caveman times and yet you can’t even spell out entire words?

July 8, 2013 at 4:53 pm
(30) larence says:

Does anyone know where I can go to check out about a girl on how for the site of dont date her