1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Using Pheromones To Attract People

By November 25, 2008

Ever since I first heard of pheromones, I've wondered whether or not they actually work. Now, I'm not talking about the science of pheromones; I understand the concept that many living things, including humans, put off specific scent markers that tell others about our sexual responsiveness, attractiveness, and virility. This, I get. But can you actually bottle it, sell it, and have it work for everyone who tries it?

Separate from the philosophical debate regarding the removal of romance in mating, I still wanted to see for myself whether or not pheromones work. So when I got my hands on a bottle a couple of weeks ago, I immediately started doing my own, very unscientific trials.

A perfume-based pheromone, these pheromones purported to smell different on every user, was appropriate for both sexes, and was well used as an attractant. So I dabbed a bit on my pulse points and went out. I did notice that the initial smell was quite fruity on me, but quickly evolved into something a bit more floral and subtle.

Interestingly, I found that the pheromones did work, in certain situations -- or at least from what I could tell. I first stopped at a local coffee shop that I spend a fair amount of time in, writing on my laptop, to see if I could interact with some of the regulars. Would they interact with me differently? One gent in particular I was hoping would be there, whom I knew to be single, looking, but incredibly shy. We'd only spoken once before in passing, when I needed to ask him about the WiFi access code. So when I saw a seat next to him, I immediately sat down and started to read a book. Within about five minutes, he instigated a conversation with me. And although it didn't lead anywhere, I had to wonder if it was the phermones that gave the kick to get things going.

Later on, I wore the perfume out with friends, on a first date, and in a driving lesson with an ex. My friends acted no differently (although one that is recently single did hit on me). My first date went well if you consider him asking me to have a friends with benefits relationship within the first ten minutes of meeting, well. (Obviously, the attraction was there. Too bad we weren't on the same page). And the ex flirted with me unabashedly, something he hadn't done in a long time.

So, did the pheremones work? I can't be quite sure. I *think* they did. Or perhaps they gave me an extra boost of confidence that made me more attractive to those who crossed my path. I can't be sure. I found the perfume pleasant and subtle, so I'll undoubtedly wear it again just for that reason alone. And I may reach for it too for those nights when I want a little bit of a kick, an extra 'push' if you will. Just because.

What about you? Have you ever used pheromones? Would you? Why or why not?

Comments
November 30, 2008 at 12:33 am
(1) friend dating says:

Really very good trick to attract People (friend).

November 30, 2008 at 12:36 am
(2) friend says:

Very good information but i never used heromones. But i will try now with my friend.

December 4, 2008 at 1:48 pm
(3) Dr. Diana Kirschner says:

I have had single women students in my Love in 90 Days classes and male clients in my former therapy practice that have had similar successes with a pheromone perfumes!

December 4, 2008 at 4:48 pm
(4) Friend of friend says:

Hey “Friend”…..Really very good trick to attract People (friend of friend)….. bwhhahahaha bwhahha

December 4, 2008 at 6:56 pm
(5) Night Chat says:

Great article on dating. Keep up the great work.

December 5, 2008 at 7:01 am
(6) science geek says:

nice article. but when I saw it, I immediately asked myself whether there even exist pheromones that work for both sexes. From what I’ve read it’s something gender specific. perhaps throwing both kinds of pheromones in a bottle could, but I’m not sure because male pheromones are known to repel males. Likely it’s just some kind of placebo effect and that bottle doesn’t contain anything but a nice perfume (and that can do the trick, too, after all). you’ve got to look out for scams with these sort of things.

December 6, 2008 at 8:04 am
(7) positive says:

what a worderful and educating article,keep it up

December 17, 2008 at 12:41 am
(8) Karl Morkunas says:

Interesting article indeed, but where can you buy these phermones and which is a credible source!

December 18, 2008 at 1:33 am
(9) dating says:

I’ve had a lot of people ask me, both privately and here, where I got these pheromones, and where they can get some themselves. Because I live in Canada, I don’t have access to the same products as others around the world do. As well, the pheromones I “tested” were through a salesperson that provided me with an in-person sampler to try.

As for pheromones that work for both men and women? Common sense leads me to agree with you; I’m only going with what the company literature stated – that theirs were appropriate for both men and women.

December 20, 2008 at 4:02 pm
(10) Mark says:

I believe that pheromones are not only good for helping people to have intimate and social relationships, but also can be a mood adjustor that puts peole in a good frame of mind. I read that pheromones should be inhaled by the wearer to get maximum effort. I’m wondering if they can help people beat the holiday blues?

June 15, 2009 at 5:57 am
(11) Loz Love says:

I have used various types of Pheromones on the market I was convinced it was all a scam until I read a convincing review on Chikara Cologne. I decided to give it a chance and wow did I have amazing results! I have actually been with my now partner for 3 months and I put it all down to this Pheromone. I don’t know if it gave me the confidence I needed or the pheromones actually worked, all I know is that I am happy as Larry!

June 26, 2009 at 10:30 am
(12) Dating Help says:

DO you think the type of Pheromones in the cologne really makes a difference. There are so many products available on the market is is very hard to choose one with out honest reviews.

October 9, 2009 at 10:00 pm
(13) angelica says:

I need that!

April 12, 2010 at 11:27 pm
(14) Pheromones says:

Pheromones do work. I am convinced that I wheeled my wife using them.

October 31, 2012 at 9:52 am
(15) lifestyle says:

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
It’s always useful to read content from other authors and use a little something from other websites.