While many articles and how-to posts focus on how to cope with being single during the holidays, few discuss what there is to celebrate and embrace. The most obvious is the ability to kiss whomever you'd like under the mistletoe, but what about:
- Being able to take a holiday wherever and whenever you want (i.e. solo travel events and organizations);
- Not having to attend uncomfortable or difficult holiday events (i.e. a meet the parents dinner);
- Spending more money on a holiday gift for yourself than anyone else;
- Taking the time to give back to others (i.e. perform community service);
- Not being woken up at an unreasonable hour to open gifts (unless you are a single parent);
- Decking your house out for the holidays any which way you want - or not at all; and
- Having more time to spend with your own family, instead of splitting it between several different families.
How do you celebrate being single over the holiday season?
Related Content: Meet Someone New During the Holidays