1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

How Do You Know When You're In Love?

By June 19, 2011

I don't get this question often from older folks (i.e. past their mid-twenties usually), but once in a while I get a dating question from a gent in his early 30's who wants to be sure he's in love.

In a way, I understand the confusion. It is much more common now for singles not to pursue (or even want) a serious relationship until they've navigated their 20's; just look at the marriage statistics from the U.S. and Canada lately - although this may have to do more with cohabitation being the norm than anything. Still, I've met more than a handful of men in their 30's over the past couple of years who have readily admitted they've never been in love or "didn't know" if they'd ever been in love.

Is it that true love is more elusive these days than in yesteryear? Or maybe love is in part, hindsight; we think we're in love, but when the ensuing breakup occurs, we realize it was more lust or infatuation than anything else.

How do you know when you're in love? What are your indicators?

Related:

Comments
June 22, 2008 at 10:12 am
(1) Idris Arkette says:

I think that you should learn from
people who are cool about relationship.

I don’t think that we should seperate
men and women into 2 categories like the
men are from mars and women are from
venus.

I don’t think you should split the earth
into the difference between the
genders.

April 27, 2009 at 3:59 am
(2) too short says:

Damn love, I got heartbroken twice.

Let me tell you, it hurts more than anything
in the world ://

Somebody once told me I was to young to be in love,
but I know when I’m in love with a girl.

And I really wish I can have my ex girlfriend back ,
I love her, but she doesn’t feel this way about me .

May 20, 2009 at 2:23 pm
(3) christine says:

i think im in love with a 15 year old. i dont know. its hard for me to tell the difference between love and lust. can you have both for someone? sorry i cant help you:(

July 6, 2009 at 11:33 pm
(4) Carter says:

I think I’m in love..

I can’t stop thinking about him no matter what somehow it all leads back to him. I wonder what he’s doing when I’m not with him. When I think of love his face pops into my head. I love him so much it actually hurts. The thought of going to see him makes me have so many butterfiles in my stomach. He’s perfect in my eyes.. flaws and all..

Thats what I think love is.
I hope everyone can find it one day.
It’s amazing..

July 5, 2011 at 3:05 am
(5) justin says:

thank you for helping me know that i really am inlove i feel the same way about this girl i love her sooo much i can never stop thinking about her its exactly how u said it haha thank u and to think i was geting scared of looseing her haha im never gona let go of her i love her ill do wat ever i must to be with her thank u

September 2, 2009 at 11:51 pm
(6) Jessie says:

sad state of affairs

September 25, 2009 at 11:35 pm
(7) elizabeth says:

there this guy hes 27 .. and he tells me hes deeply in love with me and hes never been in love before .. hes cried over the phone and he tells me like all the time hes deeply in love with me and whats sucks … is im only 15 .. idont kno what to do im a young girl and i love life but it kills me to see him like this i try to stop talking with him but he says hes never going to let me go please message me at my email i have so many questions hHELP ME OUT PLEASE !
here my email:(cherry.530@hotmail.com)

February 1, 2011 at 1:30 am
(8) alicia says:

you NEED to tell someone close to you (your mom, dad, someone you can really trust) about this as soon as possible. this man is over 10 years older than you and something just isnt right about htat whole situation….you might even try to sexually molest you

July 5, 2011 at 4:44 am
(9) Rena says:

I agree! CREEPY! STAY AWAY!

November 7, 2009 at 2:13 am
(10) nikki says:

i think im in love. well i know im in love

tho i am 13 and have gone through many experiences.
(the young is growing up faster these days)
and every time i am with him i have butterflies. i snuck out with him and im pretty sure he loves me 2. he told me he did. and he even got in trouble and did it to spend time with me. when we snuck out we were wit eachother all night at the park. and in the ditch just roaming around hiding from cops. we wanted to be with eachother so much even if it ment risking it and getting in tons of trouble. i laid on him while we talked about how hard it is going 2 our houses… and how much trouble we would be in. it felt so amazing just 2 b with him i just didnt care what would happen at home D: . we were together that night 1am-6:15 i was scared and i didnt go home till 7. just to get there in the first place i climbed out my window onto the roof and jumped. when he returned home cops were at his house and the cop was going to arrest him but luckly decided 2 b nice. when i arrived home… nothing no1 noticed i was gone… i was shocked but i was so sorry for him. his parents threatened 2 put him in a foster home. but we still remain together. and im pretty sure im in love. we do everything together. people make fun of me because he is a little fat but ive never noticed to me i see past that i love him for just being him. hes perfect the way he is and no1 can change the way i feel. he does anything 2 make me smile.

March 5, 2011 at 7:02 am
(11) andrew says:

that was the sweetest thing i have ever read, i recently broke up with my girl friend that i have been with for a year and 2 months we did every thing together sure we had our fights and what not, but we all ways forgave each other in the end i love her so much even though she said she dosent want to be with me any more (and she has a new boy friend) i still love her and treat her the same as i did when we were going out, it has been 3 weeks since we broke up, i am slowly moving on. i am 16 and she was 15 she was my 1st girl friend and she will be the best

July 3, 2011 at 7:19 pm
(12) Jasmine says:

its not past midnight and god knows how i came abouts to find this and read it. this is really awful but trust me love is when you surrender your heart completely to another, knowing that they’ll treat it better than you would. therefore if she doesnt love yoy for which ever reasons, yes it hurts but i promise you u’ll find someone worthy and who will return the passionate love you feel for whom ever she is. i’m turning 16 and ive been with m boyfriend for the past year and 3 months and i just wanted you to say that dont worry u’ll find someone very soon!

August 27, 2011 at 1:54 am
(13) skye says:

That was very sweet nikki that reminds me of me! I’m only 15 and I’m deeply in love with my Boyfriend. We have been with each other almost a year. And I have times when I will go to his house just to be with him I be like I don’t care who finds out cause he will be worth the trouble. I know some people will call this puppy love or you just having a faze! No I promise this is real we have been in many bad times but we work threw them he always tell me he LOVE Me! =))

November 26, 2009 at 11:07 pm
(14) Jahvariah Scudder says:

I Really Think I Am In Love Becuz He Tells Me He Loves Me And That He Is In Love With Me Everyday . He Has Cried Over Me Twice . But Theres One Thinq ! He Cheated On Me And I Cant Seem To Get Over That . I Brinq Up The Females Name All The Time When We Are On The Phone And He Gets Mad . He Says I Have His Heart But I Dont Know If Its True. I Love Him So Much There’s This Feelinq In My Chest Everytime I Think Of Him, When The Phone Rinqs My Heart Jumps, Everytime I Hear His Voice I Smile And So Does My Heart . I Just Dont Know . I Think Im In Love But I Truly Dont Know . I Want To Be With Him Til Death Do Us Apart . Even Thouqh He Says He Reqrets Doinq Wat He Did And That He Goinq To Chanqe But I Dont Know . Actions Speak Louder Than Words . Can Someone Please Tell Me If Im In Love !!!!!

April 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm
(15) yawayni says:

heyy swetty.. I think your are in love!! because if you didnt love him you would have break up with him awile ago when you know he cheated on you. but yur right with time you will see if he meant that he loves you because love can be express by words but its more pawerful with actions. and if commited and respectful and trusful to you thats whats gonna keep the relashioship for a long terme.. becAUSE WITHOUTOUT ALL THESE LOVE CAN JUST FAIL AWAY. soo just be patient, and dont push him to much cause its better when it comes from him witout asking him :)

Hope i answerd!

June 23, 2011 at 1:34 am
(16) YO PAPA says:

holaay 2 yrs laater ahahaha !

July 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm
(17) Jasmine says:

How old are you? and surely no one could tell you whether your inlove. its ur gut instinct that should guide you. however

July 30, 2011 at 2:48 am
(18) Kate Jackson says:

You keep saying you don’t know. You keep bringing up the other woman. He tells you he wants to change but you “dont know”. I know that people may say don’t be the Debbie downer but i have to tell you: you are not in love. you love him, yes, but you’ve lsot his trust and therefore your love is dwindling. I think if anything you are probably causing confusion and making a fog in your mind and saying you are unsure just so that you can avoid your gut feeling. Its easier to face confusion than it is the truth especially when the truth isn’t pretty. but i will tell you this: it gets better. One day you will wake up and find that you are going to get htrough the day easier than yesterday. so in short, no. I don’t think you are in love. I think you are slowly falling out of love.

December 6, 2009 at 9:00 pm
(19) rocs says:

I honestly don’t know what to write anymore.

I’ve been heartbroken once.
I would do anything to never feel that feeling I had that day everrr!

I’ve met someone special again. But this time it’s much stronger. I’m in love. And for once in my life, I feel like my life is worth living.

I hope everybody can feel like this at least once in their lives….I believe the world would be happier and there would be less problems and worries and suffering.

His name is james cory….and he will be my husband one day.

The thought of not being with him makes me sick to my stomach. This is what proves to me that I’m head over heels for this man and foreve will be.

I love you sugarbutts!!!
Fuego,highhmee,baby,hairy bear,sugiiiiz,and my hubby!

December 15, 2009 at 10:26 am
(20) Alex says:

What is love?
It’s when you are pinned down by a force so great that you are blinded by it. It’s knowing that even when the worst shows itself that you will never be seperated from that special someone. It’s when your flaws mean nothing to you anymore and you have the freedom to be yourself and know that your loved one will be his self right next to you.

A wise man once to me that when love becomes a factor, you have lost because there is no force greater than love. And those who try to appose it will just lose themselves eternally.

I’m 16 years old and I feel my search for love has come to an end.

Alex and Tori :)

December 19, 2009 at 2:15 am
(21) Lex says:

Well, see im not sure of what love is. I read a lot of comments on this and i think that if you think your in love at a young age then try to hang on because since you are young your not really sure of what you want or who you want to spend your life with. You have your whole life ahead of you. I actually have a boyfriend and i tell him i love him and we tell each other that we love each other but i want all the naive girls to know just cause some guy says he loves you and you’ll be together forever doesn’t mean its true. I’ll also let you know from experience that your first hearbreak of the person you “love” or that says they love you will be your worst, guaranteed. If someone truly loves you they will wait on you no matter what the circumstances. Young girls always think well i have to be with him now or he wont love me anymore, thats not true for someone who deeply loves you. Just some advice, hope i helped someone?

December 20, 2009 at 8:27 pm
(22) wes says:

thank you cartr know i kno who i love

February 21, 2010 at 8:02 pm
(23) Christine says:

im not sure if i am in love. i think i might be but im not sure. me and my boyfriend have not been dating long but he thinks we have already connected. We liked each other before we started and i am pretty sure i was the reason him and his ex broke up. He makes me happy all the time. My mood depends on if he is texting me or not. I am really happy if he is and I am really sad and irritable if he isnt. He is pretty much all i think about now. I dont know if I could live without him. He is pretty much my life.

March 7, 2010 at 5:41 am
(24) aimee says:

I have a question to add- can attraction grow if it didn’t exist originally? About three months ago I met a man who is more or less perfect for me, but I wasn’t attracted to him- he wasn’t really my type. But as I’ve come to know him more, I believe I might have fallen in love with him… Or at least be on my way to falling for him. I think about him far too much, and he appears in my dreams soo often- something which none of my past loves have done. But I’m still not sure that I’m attracted to him… I want to lean on him and have his arms around me, and for him to kiss me, but I don’t seem to care about anything more than that. So, can it be love without intense physical attraction? I’ve always though the two went hand in hand.

September 1, 2010 at 8:53 am
(25) siobhan says:

did you ever get any replys to your question cos thats the exact situation im in now!

April 13, 2010 at 11:51 pm
(26) katy says:

we’ve only been together 4 months but i think he’s the one. everything he does is right, and even though i pick little fights with him sometimes it’s only out of love. we’ve never gotten into any big fights ever. we love each other and care for each other so much. there is not one bad thing about the relationship and even tho ugh he does his fair share of bad things i wouldnt change any of it for the world because thats what makes him, him. when i think about him i get butterflies, and even better when i kiss him i feel like i’m on top of the world. I will never worry if he loves me because the connection we share can be felt from miles away. we are in love and i really do think it will last forever.

May 13, 2010 at 4:11 pm
(27) Anton says:

A girl has been the only thing on my mind for 2 years now. I think I really love her, BUT, she’d probably laugh if I ask her out. After all, many guys flirt with her, and I can’t live up to half of them. I may get the best grades and have an IQ of 174, but I’m sure she doesn’t want that. She just seems to be out my reach. I wonder everyday, ‘Why do I bother living?’, unable to reach my only dream while it’s in front of me.

October 20, 2010 at 2:10 pm
(28) Beautiful says:

Heyy honey you are a bright smart man and if she do not notice that then something is wrong with her. You should not thithink like why iam I living. You living for a purpose Rem that. Hope I helped

March 5, 2011 at 7:18 am
(29) andrew says:

mate ive been in your postion before/am at the moment, i recently broke up with my girl firend of a year and 2 months, i have found another girl, but im not sure if she likes me back and i have liked her for a long time and she knows it we are good friends, if she is amazing she wont be easy if she easy she wont be amazing if you give up your not worthy of her, if you dont give up your worthy, (those last two ones sounded bad) never give up hope mate take it form and irishman us irish never give up we all ways go for the win no matter what.

March 5, 2011 at 7:32 am
(30) andrew says:

If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. thats what i ment before

June 16, 2010 at 8:03 pm
(31) Sarah says:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.”
– 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I’m 16, and I know what love is, only because I know I love my best friends and family, and I see and understand the love they have for me as well. Of all the people in my life that this may include, I think I learned the true definition of love from my grandfather. Love apart from lust is a relationship of pure friendship, it need not understand, but accept….love is something that is DEVELOPED with another person as the two grow as human beings together. Love is when you understand a person so much, that you could understand their wrongs, and accept them…

Think of a dog. They can be the most loving and caring animals ever…and they don’t ask for anything in return. That’s honestly what true love is I think! X)

The thing is, I think humans have a hard time understanding what true love is. They become too overwhelmed and infatuated with the ‘lust’ part of love that they lose sight of what it really is…humans are too quick to judge and that’s what ruins everything… I could go on and on about this topic. Email me if you wanna know more: sarah.scribella@gmail.com

August 7, 2010 at 3:38 am
(32) Romeo ML says:

For the first time in my life, I am in love with someone who is in my league, not above or below or in an entirely different ballpark. Our relationship is based entirely on trust and respect, unlike the ones I’ve had with fear and desperation before. We’re both so GD bland and boring and we’re perfect for each other! I love it! I love her! I never thought I’d be so in love with someone so blase to me, but I love that part of her, too. It’s so incredible that I’m in love with someone so much like me. And it’s incredible that I practically have a twin. I thought I’m a lot like my siblings but then I finally decided I’m in love with her and a whole new world is opened up to me. I feel like I could rush to her side and turn over-romantic and mushy or i could just talk to her like a good friend and it wouldn’t matter because she loves me so much in both ways. Because she’s willing to be committed with me.
Romeo & Yvliet <3

August 7, 2010 at 8:27 pm
(33) lydia says:

i’ve been in love before, i had to make sure it was the real thing, but in heart of hearts i knew anyway. People told me i was still too young to know what love really was, but i don’t think there is an age limit to this kind of thing. To me he was perfect, i wanted to be with him all the time, when i wasn’t i thought about what he was doing, when songs came up about love he would come into my thoughts, i got butterflies whenever i was never him and i had to really try hard to not talk jibberish to him, he was perfect for me in my eyes

August 10, 2010 at 1:20 am
(34) Bell says:

Yeah I have a problem I have this friend who I have been friends with for 2 years now and yesterday I called my friend and I can hear her cousin that was my friend and I can hear him screaming at her and saying let me talk to her and other stuff and then she passed the phone to him and then he said hey an u said hi then he said did you miss me over the summer and I didn’t know what to say to I said idk and then I sai why are you talking to me aren’t you dating Gabby???aren’t you in love with her and he passed the phone to her my friend again and when that passed he said you asked me with I’m still in love with. Gabby and I said yeah so he said I don’t know and I sighed and then all of a sudden he said cuz I’m in live with you whAt should I say
then he asked me out and I said idk and he gave me a week to think about it and on Monday I my friend said you know how my cousin said if you want to go out an I said yes so she said well he said he doesn’t know anymore and then I said why and she said he forgot he’s still dating gabby ??? What the Heck should I do PLEASE tell me.

PLEASE IM DESPrEAT!!!!

October 20, 2010 at 2:19 pm
(35) beautiful says:

Heyy honey I seen what you had wrote and to be honest with you he is a boy who don’t know what he want… he want to play both sides of the field I say leave him alone and go find someone who is really for you hope I helped :)

June 18, 2011 at 3:06 am
(36) Garaad says:

Hi friends i’m inlove agirl whose age is about 15 years and my age is 18 i can’t express my love what do i do ?

August 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm
(37) Alana says:

I’m just 13 but trust me i know when i’m in love.. i’ve been through a lot of pain so that made me mature quicker .. The guy is 18 .. 5 years older .. but he makes me smile all the time when i talk to him i feel like i’m being swept off the ground .. he just makes me happy :)

October 20, 2010 at 2:24 pm
(38) beautiful says:

This comment is for Anton

October 27, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(39) liz says:

Trust me no one really knows wat the true meaning of love is.

November 7, 2010 at 11:55 pm
(40) darla rehl says:

Love is the most amazing feeling ever.Cuz i am in love with my best guy friend.It was love at first sight.When he calls me and i hear his voice,i smile so much.I love hearin his voice.And its not lust cuz i dont wanna do stuff wit him like that right now.I wanna wait till its the right time and all that.And he has realized that i really do love him.And im not scared of him hurtin me cuz i know he wont.I understand him.everything about him..He means so much to me.And i havent ever felt the way i do about him for anyone else before.Im deeply in love with this amazing guy.Lust&love are two different things.You will know when your in love.And lust is when you think your in love just because yall do sexual stuff with each other.And u get a good feelin about him.But love is way different.

November 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm
(41) Catherin says:

I’m turning 15 soon and I’ve been through quit some things. I’ve been dealing with problems lately and this made me closer to my friends. I’ve liked any people over the years and every single time I’ve been convinced that I was ‘in love’ but never really was. I found it out soon. I think everyone loves their family and true friends, but somehow I have one friend that strucks my mind. He’s a guy and I’m positive I’m not attracted to him for sure. But whenever I think of him it feels as if my hearts opens up and lets all these happy thoughts flew in and out. All my care goes to him and it almost feels as if we’re together but we’re not. We both like other people, like like. This we sometimes talk about and often joke about. It’s hard to talk about because no one seems to understand. Is this true love, and has anyone experienced this before? Can this be friendship love or do I need a new word?

November 30, 2010 at 6:44 pm
(42) mike says:

Hello,

love is a powerfull word to say, but is easily obtained sometimes you fall for someone who cheats on you etc etc and you still love them, at the end of the day if that happens you have to tell your self, will it work? if we contiued and you cant help who you fall for

i have been in love once, and had 3 girlfriends, the recent 1 i am with now is the 1 im in love with and love with all my heart my last 2 wasnt really love

if person is on your mind 24/7 dont nessarry mean love maybe crush or fancy, you need know a person before saying that but sometimes you just know who the right 1 is at the time

everyone falls in love eventually, dont search for it as itl come to you

i hope i helped, mike

December 19, 2010 at 11:42 pm
(43) lisa says:

I am 43 years old and was married for over 20 years…divorced 2 years ago and I have finally found out what true love is about!
I can’t believe I thought I was in love to my husband….sad to say but true.
The man I am with now is truely my soulmate…I know because he consumes my mind from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. When Im with him we just stare at each other and smile, talk, kiss…it was fireworks from the first kiss…light headed, dizzy, couldn’t breathe…its like a drug…I get so excited seeing him…can’t stand to be without him…my heart actually aches when Im not with him or we’re apart for more then 1 day…it’s not just sexual either, just laying next to him or holding his hand is so wonderful to me!
I hope that everyone at one time in their life can experience this! Like I said earlier…Im 43 and can die now knowing that I truely was in LOVE!

July 9, 2011 at 11:43 am
(44) Joni says:

WOW, thats amazing !

July 24, 2011 at 12:05 am
(45) ella elliott says:

THAT IS DA GREATEST THING EVER…
SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME DAT LOVE WAS INSANITY CUZ IT MAKES U DO CRAZY THINGS..I BELIEVE THAT IS TRUE..I WONDER IF THAT IS TRUE..

December 24, 2010 at 1:57 am
(46) OkOk says:

I got blocked off from love when I got my heart broken twice so everythime I think about love I imagine the 2 girls that broke my heart and I keep any feeling of love for another girl back until I can be 100% sure I won’t get hurt. I am still very young, 15 pray for me.

July 24, 2011 at 12:07 am
(47) ella elliott says:

ull find love so dont worry…ill pray for u honey…everything will turn out fine..

January 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm
(48) Paris says:

love is when, u wake up one morning and thoughts of him/her touch your mind like soft leaves blowning in the wind. . when just a simple touch feels like flames. it’s when you would give up anything, and the world for the man that as taken over your heart. Love is when the world is empty without him by your side. . . im only 18. . and i fell in love about two months ago. And let me tell you. . there is no “i might be in love with you” it’s “I simply cannot live with out you.” good luck ya’ll. . i hope you find what your looking for :) ))

April 2, 2011 at 11:19 pm
(49) wyatt says:

You know when you’re in love when you cant live without that person, when you think about them every waking minuet. Love is when The person is you best friend as well as you girlfriend. Love is when you NEED her not just want her. If you see her and you think, “if i could change her whole face… i wouldn’t change a thing” . You know you’re in love when the girl is your life, if she broke her leg, you would run to her no matter where she was because it doesn’t matter… you’re in love. But if you love someone that much it hurts so much more when they don’t love you anymore.when you sit alone crying, no one to comfort you. nobody understands what you’re feeling. when i was 13 i realized why they call it a broken heart. It truly feels like you’re heart has been taken from you…

April 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm
(50) Madison says:

I Dunno If Im In Love or Not. I Have This Close Guy Friend And he Always makes me Smile. But The Thing That Bugs Me Is that we never hang out. I just had a dance at my school a few days ago and he was following me, It was starting to worry me because I kept getting butterflies whenever i seen his face. Hes the best Guy i could ever had but he says he wants me to be his Gf but then he likes this other girl. It makes me mad when he talks about her because he always says he loves me and he asks me all these questions. I think im in love but i tryed asking him out myself but he said he wanted to wait. But i guess im young and I Dunno if I ever will get to have my Best Guy friend as my Bf. Please help or at least try. Im only 11 turning 12 in a few days but I really don’t understand love that much…

June 11, 2011 at 12:44 am
(51) Elizabeth says:

Hi everyone!
I wanna share with you something I learnt some time ago and it goes like this: what people think about love is not totally correct. We tend to misunderstand love with attachment or adicction for the other person, when if we really love that person we do it Unconditionally, without expecting anything back, it’s like if you are really loving someone you want him/her to be free and to be happy. So what I’m trying to say is just love unconditionally, and let’s cut with the whole soap opera thing of “he doesn’t love me” or “she left me and she did this and that”. We are so much more that just characters of someone elses life, it’s time to be the main characters of our lives, the heroes of our own love stories.
Kisses to all, thanks for reading and.. start loving the right way!

June 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm
(52) Bob says:

that was the most useless waste of an article ever!!!!

August 22, 2011 at 3:01 am
(53) Chelsea says:

I know seriously. It didn’t even come close to answering the question!

August 22, 2011 at 6:40 am
(54) Bonny says:

I didn’t try to answer the question in this blog post. Rather, I wanted to know what my readers thought and to hear more about their experiences. I linked to my articles at the end of the blog posting where I shared how, in my opinion and experience, people can determine whether or not they’re in love.

June 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm
(55) Jimmy Bean says:

found a pretty cool statement, which is completely true on a new website called datemyfamily.com The website says “when you date someone you not only date that person, but you also date their family”. If you think about it, this is 100% factual information. Whether you want to look at it like that or not, at one point you will be building a relationship with your other half’s family. And a relationship will be that much harder if you do not get along with them. In fact, it could be just what breaks up your relationship.

June 23, 2011 at 2:14 am
(56) Vanessa says:

I think I am in Love .well I tell my self I’m in love , yes they are the three most powerful words , but I stay true to myself so I must be in love. Recently my boyfriend and I broke up we argued many times before but still worked it out and stayed with each other. He cut his wrist over me the first time I broke up with him because I was the only woman he said he’s ever loved.I wasn’t sure if he knew what love was because he’s 13 and I’m 16 . I don’t care about the age any more because he’s the one who taught me not to . any ways its been at least 1 month and after he broke up with me and I sent him a love rap about up the first time we broke up . He found out my cell number and kept phoning me this one night over and over and when I asked him what he wanted he would say random thoughts so I would just hang up.. I don’t think he was over me yet and I’m not sure even though.. he wrote on FB saying he loved me still but jk right after .. I think about him everyday ,mostly what it would be like to be with him again. I’ve seen him in the recent week , he called me to see him and had the biggest smile on him face , i tried avoiding him but he followed after me any ways .he didn’t say anything because my sister was there or because he moved on ..They say if you love somebody you should set them free ; and if they don’t come back to you it was never meant to be . And if that’s true maybe I should give ourselves more time or I should continue learning to live without him because he doesn’t believe me when I tell him I loved him because I don’t know how I’m suppose to continue to love him when he’s not with me .. my heads telling me to let go but my hearts telling me to hold on. I tried very hard to forget about him when we broke up and to stay strong but I feel my love for him ,, my love for him wont ever fade away , I cant just stop loving him but I can try to live without him ..writing this isn’t getting him off my mind it makes me think about him more … </3

June 30, 2011 at 11:39 pm
(57) Paige says:

I think I’m in love but I’m not sure.I’m 15 years old and my boyfriend is 13. We’ve been together for 8 months.We say the words “I Love You” All the time.But do we really know what love is?We are in a long distance relationship.We live an hour and a half away.We talk everyday and yes we do see eachother.But when he comes down to see me like 4 times a month.(He begs his mom until she says yes) I get sick.And I cry because I don’t get to see him.I feel like I love him but I’m really not sure.Not seing him often kills me inside but I would wait a lifetime to be able to see him.He makes me so happy.I’m pretty sure that If I didn’t have him I wouldn’t be able to live(I’m not saying that I would kill myself) but I think I would die inside.He told me that he wants to be with me forever and wants to marry me and start a family when we’re older and I would like to do the same.He says he wants to be with me forever.I’m so scared to lose him.He’s the best thing in my life.We almost broke up once but it’s because all my friends were telling me to dump him because of the distance and they wanted me to date another guy.But I told him that I wanted him and only him and I wanted to be with him and I didn’t care what my friends thought and if my friends didn’t like it well then too bad for them.He says the sweetest things to me, he is deffinatly not like most guys.First of all he’s still a virgin (so am I) And he doens’t ask me for sex unlike all the other guys I dated.He told me that he is only ready when I’m ready.He actuatly cried infront of me when we almost broke up.He took it really hard.And he told me he didn’t want to lose me and would do anything to keep us together but it was my choice.And I told him I wanted to be with him forever and nothing but him mattered.Is this true love or is it just “puppy love” or a fling like everyone is saying? Please help me!

August 8, 2011 at 7:17 am
(58) Veronica says:

Paige, hello I hope I can bringing clarity to the matter.

Now a days younger and younger people are saying I LOVE You!! And of course because of this they are having big problems understanding what it is they are really feeling or what it is these feeling entail ! I think it would be best for me to explain that there IS a difference between being IN love and Truly loving someone.

I think Love can be two different things. The first being the feelings you get about that person, like them always being on your mind, that they always make you smile, you get butterflies, or the thought of them leaving makes you sick or hurt. This love is being IN love. With this love it may get hard to tell how much it means for your relation ship. Well it is a beautiful start to one!! Being IN love is wonderful but it does NOT mean you Truly love that person! Especially at a young age, because there are going to be so many changes to the people you are and the way you each see one another and the world!

So you do feel these strong feelings?! Well you are In love!!! Here’s where I think it’s VERY important to draw a line!! Just because you have these strong feelings of love does NOT justify making important decisions! Such as will I sleep with him/or her, Should I make this decision based on his/or her opinion, or any other choice you are not sure about!! These decisions are supposed to be based on truly loving someone. Believe me when you make these decision based on YOUR feeling, Your knowledge, Your sense of right and wrong and not on the presser of thinking your in love, you become a strong person!! Once you become a stronger person it will become easier to grow and experience being truly in love.

August 8, 2011 at 7:19 am
(59) Veronica says:

So now you know it’s O.K for you to label those strong feeling as you being IN love! and I stress the IN for a reason because when your young it’s so easy to get these feelings of love and that’s great!

I believe that 8 months IS NOT a long enough time to TRULY love someone. 8 months is (for some people) a long enough time to create a strong bond. (always on your mind, always make you smile, couldn’t keep breathing if he were to dump you). These feelings are real. They show that you are IN love. But I think saying I LOVE you is a far ways off from this point. (but use the frays to your level of importantness, to me I love you is for when you Truly love someone)

O.K paige, and whoever else is finding this helpfull. The second type of love, Truly loving someone. True love is something that grows from knowing a person, not because they told you everything that night you both held hands or kissed or shared an intimate moment, But because you know them better and more then just the stuff they’ve told you. You don’t threaten (to break up or to hurt them in anyway) when they aren’t right or have mad you angry. You know they wouldn’t hurt you and NOT because they “SAY” they won’t but because they HAVE NOT over years of knowing them. This will help now in future relationships because you know the difference between an I love you and truly loving someone. this can’t cover it the way it really deserves but I hope your see the difference. Trust me you all deserve love at this level to have a love that is both your best friend and closest love. If you hold on and grow with it you’ll find that place when you can really say I LOVE YOU. and you won’t have to ask if it’s real you won’t have a doubt in your mind.

August 8, 2011 at 7:20 am
(60) Veronica says:

Remember lots of people have more then one love throughout their lives!! There are different loves for different stages in you life, and I know how it can be to hear “puppy love” so lets not call it that! In all honesty it’s your young love because to you now it isn’t any less real, right!

To address your problem directly I would like to say that you KNOW when the feelings your are feeling are completely genuine. So the fact that your asking if your in love is an indicator of how you really feel. Your not sure! and the people who are around you play a big role in decision making and YOUR relationship. That to me shows that you are not truly in love with this person. That by all means does NOT discredit any feeling you have for the boy. You obviously care about him!! But don’t force your self into feeling things because you think you should be feeling things! When it happens it will happen without you having to force it.

I hope I helped even a little. I hope your less confused and feel more sure about your self. But most of all I hope I helped someone keep going because it’s hard when you get caught up in the “It should be like this” and forget that every relation ship is very different just like the people in them.

July 7, 2011 at 8:36 am
(61) wellington says:

I dated this guy 4 years ago for only a month and things did not work out for us so we agreed to be friends.We became closer and closer and we understand each other so much.Later this year he told me that he wants me and i feel the same but i could not say yes then because he is in another relationship with a certain girl who is so much commited to him and really wants to get married to him.I feel i love him but it is so hard for me to go out with him yet he is dating someone else.When i asked him about her he said he could not call off his relationship just like he is shooting a duck.It has been 6 months now and he hasn’t done anything about his other relationship.What do i do am stuck.?Should i find my way out though its really difficult?

July 9, 2011 at 12:01 pm
(62) Joni says:

Weeeell, I loved my husband , really loved him, would have died for him, but he had a greater love- drink ! it ruined our marriage. I divorced him 10 months ago, it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. He was gutted after threatening to do it for so long I finally found the strength, I broke his heart, we were married for 20 years. within 2 months he found someone else & it was his turn to break my heart.
I have found a lovely man who loves me deeply, I do care for him but I feel as though part of me is missing, I think about my husband all the time, never a day goes by, a certain song will come on & I find myself weeping uncontrollably, its a physical pain that rips you up, everyone thinks I’m so much better off without him but not one of them realises that I truly loved this man & my life is empty without him. Is this how its going to be for the rest of my life ? Love is all consuming, it doesnt go away or stop its there inside you & you dont have any control over it, believe me I wish you had.

July 10, 2011 at 7:33 pm
(63) gayon says:

Iknw I’m in love because I love him very much

July 24, 2011 at 12:11 am
(64) ella elliott says:

i hate it when my boyfriend asks me if im sure that i love him..NEVER ASK WHY IM IN LOVE WITH YOU…JUST ACCEPT THAT I DO AND THAT I WILL FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE..

July 11, 2011 at 11:17 pm
(65) Banessa says:

Love triangle…

12 July 2011
taking my 30 minutes free time and then back to teaching.

Here’s my story.. there’s this guy I’ve been with for about almost 5 years —> my X. We broke up when i realised that our relationship doesn’t mean anything. I do love him and care for him.. but there’s always the time when i feel the lose connection, unappreciated, used. The love wasn’t pure.. it didn’t felt real. Now i know myself that I wasn’t sure what a felt for him before.. I know I felt it was real but sometimes it just fade away. Yes, he realised now that it is his fault for making me thinking me to ask him to let me free. If i do love him.. I’ll never get the idea to ask to set me free. He never know how to show his love.. He’s the one who makes me think all boys are the same. He’s the one that makes me think love is bullshit. He’s the one who fades my trust in him. He’s the one who shows me lust more than love. I do not know what the hell LOVE is… Until there’s this guy.. another guy came to my life —> if God allows, my new hope. Which I never expect to happen like this.. A guy who was once heart broken and got drown away from all negativities and nonsence feelings.. such abnormal feelings which he had with his former lover. Unexpectedly sees me in the eyes, sees my heart, feels me just like that!, sees what i wish to see… shows me what i wish to have. Pure Love. He himself can’t imagine and can’t believe that he can easily open his heart to me. He believes that I’m the one who’s been sent from God to him. A miracle, blessings, amazingly unlogically an odinary young human being sent to him. ME. Seems unsane.. but woooooh! damnit its real.

Now here I am.. wondering what should i do next. What decision should i make. 2 guys are waiting for me.. one who i have known and been with for almost 5 years and one who i only have known for 3 and a half week.

WTF.

wish me luck.
yes no rush.
and hey I’m only 18. :)

July 12, 2011 at 1:08 am
(66) Peanut says:

Ummmmmmmmm i am really worried about my boyfriend im 15 and he is 17. His last girlfriend was a really close relationship he thought he was in love with her and her parents told her that they couldnt see eachother anymore soo they tried to see eachother with out her parents knowing but it didnt work out and he found out she cheated on him….. she totally broke his heart and now he is with me and I think he loves me but idk His friend said that he really loves me its just that he is scared to get close to anyone after what happened. I really love him How do i know this is cause even with his flaws he is perfect. He is all i can think about i cant go a day with out thinking about him. Even though he drives me insane i want to be right with him no matter what. I dont even know why I am confused idk why i put this upi just needed to get it out i feel stupid but idk what to do

July 14, 2011 at 1:18 am
(67) Someone Unimportant says:

give him some time let your relationship build and show him reasons to trust him without showing your intentions trust me on this one sorry i cant be a lot of help

July 30, 2011 at 2:53 am
(68) Virginia Wolfe says:

You are not stupid. it is a common occurence for people to spill their guts anonymously on the internet. I do it all the time. :) I think that when you can go up to him and say you love him, like actually say “i love you” without pause and with ease and ending witha genuine smile, and he can say it back without freaking out, then you are off on a good start. right now may not be the time to be obsessing over whether you love them or not. after all; you are fifteen and still figuring out what you want. confusion is part of adolesence. and no i am not an adult. I am actually eighteen. so i actually know what i am talking about. :) good luck!

July 30, 2011 at 3:04 am
(69) Jane Austen says:

love is waiting. I know I may get a bunch of comments on here that are like “oh no here goes an abstinence talk” but when you think about it, it does make complete sense. I know a woman who used to sleep around a lot and always went for Mr. right now. then one day she turned her life around. she decided from then on she would stay pure and every tiem she was tempted to go back to her old ways, she would write a love letter to her future husband. on their wedding night, she gave every single letter to him. :) love isn’t taking. love is giving. it is a complete sacrifice of yourself to someone else. the best part is when they sacrifice themselves for you. the feeling of two people giving everything for each other becomes an ultimate feeling of euphoria. I think love coems in the small things that sort of just add up. also i have found that if you get into arguments about stuff that matters, then its a sign you care. it really takes love to disagree with someone.
if that makes sense….

December 7, 2011 at 11:57 pm
(70) Kir says:

I’ve read a lot of these comments, and some make sense to me and some confuse me. I know everyone keeps saying that you know when you’re in love, and that if you don’t “know” then you’re not. But I’ve never been in love before and I’m not sure how it’s supposed to feel. I met my current best friend five months ago when I first got to college. We’ve grown very close and have class together, hang out together, eat together, and people around us know what good friends we are. I tell him everything and trust him with anything. I feel completely comfortable around him and I know he feels that way about me. He’s a flirty kid; I was aware before I even addressed my feelings, but when we hang out with snuggle and talk about things we’ve never told anyone. For a while I denied to myself that he was anything more than my friend, but one of my girlfriends brought up that she could see us together. After someone recognized it, I finally allowed myself to be honest and admit that I think I’m in love. I also think it’s pretty known by my guy friend that I have feelings for him. However I have no way of knowing whether he feels the same. Like many people have said in other comments, love is when you just want to be with the person, think about them all the time, and care about them so much it hurts. I feel very attracted to him, but even more than that, i just want to be with him and find myself wondering what he’s doing. I’m not sure if I’m trying to make up love out of friendship, or if it’s just attraction. Regardless of if I am in love or not, I don’t think anything will happen anytime soon. I’m not scared to tell him if it’s the truth. I just want to KNOW so i KNOW. I really need help from anyone who can relate.

December 20, 2011 at 12:12 am
(71) Jake says:

Hi im 13 years old and believe hat I have found love. The i love I used to hang Out with for at least 2 years(2008-2010). From the day we met I actually didnt like her but I new that she was different from the rest. We began to be friends and then best friends until she realized she liked me ( she lived me before but just began to relize she loved me). At that moment we held hands for the first time it felt like nothing I had ever experienced before even at a young age. For months I jumped at the phone and rushed, accepted her and her flaws, thought about her 24/7 365 days per year. We were truly in love and we both new it. Then like any other relationship we had our second fight ever. Then we saw other people but to this day we both admit it was stupidity and we both loved eachover. There is truly no definion to love as each love is different. You are never uncerrian about love and know it when you feel it. I hope everyone can experience love one day as it is lifechanging. You become a better person and love your life more than before so much. My name is Jacob Watson and this is my story.

January 2, 2012 at 4:07 pm
(72) jessica says:

i am really in love with a guy who is ten years older than me he is all i think about all i want but theres just one thing he dosnt know he dosnt know how much it hurts me to see him and not be able tell him how i feel it hurts soo much :(

January 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm
(73) Glass Half-Full says:

We all have come onto this discussion for a reason, and I do not exclude myself.

I am a female in my early 40s and am not here to tell my story but instead, I want to thank those above who have shared some substantial life stories.

The years of experience say a lot… and I, for one, thank you for taking the time to share those experiences and let you know your stories have been appreciated.

January 19, 2012 at 11:40 pm
(74) Lisa says:

This page is a fen rip off.. Not one of the freaking articles explained to me what love truely feels like.. Waste of freaking time..

January 19, 2012 at 11:48 pm
(75) Bonny says:

@Lisa: Two articles, if not more, that I linked to in the article discuss specifically what you feel when you’re in love, and how to tell. Try:

What Is Love? and How Can I Tell If I’m In Love?

Was there something else specific that you wanted answered, but didn’t feel it was? Let me know.

February 28, 2012 at 3:12 am
(76) ran says:

oh!
i can fell that i really in love with him its really touches my heart

February 28, 2012 at 4:35 pm
(77) xlovex says:

Me and my boyfriend care about each other ALOT and we told each other we loved each other really soon. we were good frinds first and it took me a while to realise how much i loved him. I realised because there was a long period where we weren’t speaking to each other and I cant even explain how much i missed him! i gradually began wanting to be as close to him as possible and spoke to him alot more. I then told him i liked him (i already knew that he liked me back) and about a week later we told each other that we were in love. im only 13 and this is the first time i’ve been in love but it’s the best feeling in the world! =)

March 13, 2012 at 1:01 am
(78) Zach says:

I recently startd developing feelinz 4 my neighbor and
Ill be honest its startin 2 freek me out ive known her
4 5 years but just recently startd relizin how much i
care about her im only 10 & some peepl say that
im 2 young 2 love but some1 on this site said u cant
realy put a age limit on it idont know if she feels the
same way about me but 1 of my friends likes 2 spred
rumors that usualy rnt tru but he said that she likes
me wen i told her that her reaction 2 it made me
think it was actualy reel i dont no how 2 mak her
Admit it ( if its tru) pleez help me i also dont no how
2 tell if she likesme pleez help me on that 1 2

March 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm
(79) joe says:

I think it’s safe to say that I’ve never been truly in love. Right now I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have been with this older woman for about 8 or 9 months. My problem is that I don’t think I love her and I don’t want to be with her anymore. She’s really nice and seems to care about me a lot, but my heart isn’t in it. I want to tell her how I feel but I know how it would make her feel and I would just feel absolutely terrible about doing that to her. But I’m not entirely sure she is actually in love with me either. I just feel tied down all the time. I really don’t want to hurt her but I don’t know what to do.

March 29, 2012 at 10:15 am
(80) Kristen says:

I think that im in love because my boyfriend and i go to different schools and it is so hard to get through the week with out seeing him!! sometimes i miss him so much that my heart litterally hurts!!! i love him with all of my heart and i cant get him out of my mind!! ive broke up with him before and i cheated on him and those were the biggest mistakes of my life and im not even kidding!! and now when i see him my heart skips a couple of beats my stomach get tied in knots and i just feel so happy!! i think about him every dsy!!! he treats me like a princess!! i think im in love!! am i???

June 20, 2012 at 7:11 pm
(81) Elaine says:

I know I’m in love because I have exprienced the opposite of it for so long, that I could write a book on the signs, the hurt, the pain and finally the dead you feel in your heart for that person.

Now, I am so very, very happy. He isn’t perfect, he’s not all that good looking, and he isn’t the most romantic person, but he is so willing to learn. In my eyes, he is beautiful, sexy, masculine, protective, funny, a great dancer, can sing like Luther and loves me with all his heart.

He is my safe place. When I’m with him, my mind goes to another place that is quiet, full of laughter and full of happiness to be with each other. There is lots of talking, dancing and not being afraid to say how we feel.

The great thing about our relationship is that we started out as friends and remained that way for over 40 years. Then, through a mutual friend, we saw each other again and I can honeslty say that there was an instant connect and attraction. We actally talk about growing old together and for the first time, I’m excited about growing older and doing the things I want to do such as travel and just experience the life I dreamt of while raising a family, working and giving to everyone else before giving to myself. Now, I can do that and enjoy the benefits of having the love of my life with me. It just can’t get any better and I’m so grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to experience love for the first time in my life (not counting my kids).

September 1, 2012 at 8:52 pm
(82) Bug says:

First, Bug is not my name, just trying to stay anonymous, any ways, I am 18, the guy in question is 22, I am so confused, and it is his fault, I have several friends and even people who are friends with him, but not with me, and they all tell me that he is head over heels in love with me, and I think I love him back, He even slipped the “L” word too, but kinda retracted it, anyways, he puts himself off as a tough guy so he doesnt get hurt, but he has been really romantic, and its not just about sex, even though we do that, he says romantic stuff afterwards, not just before, I need to know what love is, I think I am in love, Ive dated other guys before, Ive told them I love them after they told me, but I feel different with current boyfriend, all I do is think of him, when i do, I feel like im stuck on the gound but floating at the same time, and i get butterflies in my stomache everytime he texts me or i see him, i always smile, he makes me so happy, i know i am not in lust with him, because i dont car about sex, i just want to see him, so am I in love? please someone tell me. And tell me how to tell him, without actually saying the words.

October 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm
(83) Ellie says:

I’ve been dating this guy for almost 3 months now. I’m 13 and he’s 14. He is almost exactly a year older than me. By 9 months. I love him. I know I do. I know what lust feels like. I know what liking someone feels like. I love him. I would die for him if I had to. It’s not infatuation. Of course I want him to hang out with his friends. I’m not stalking him. I know I love him. Yet everyone tells me I’m wrong. That I don’t. But I do.!!! We are both huge Christians. We like God. We both know God is before anyone and anything. Just like ourselves. But I love him and no matter what anyone says I always will.

December 7, 2012 at 2:34 am
(84) kaymarie says:

love to me is when all of the feelings, like the butterflys and happiness and giggles go away. when you are arguing with the person but yet you still choose to be with them. love to me is a choice not a feeling.

December 12, 2012 at 10:01 pm
(85) Sebastian says:

Love to me is an amazobg feeling im 14 ive been dqting her for 8 months and let me tell you its been an amazibg 8 months. I used to hate dating i saw ot just being a way to break myself but i found her shes amazing makes me smile,laugh, feel happy, giddy, excited, heart races, calm, relaxed, everything. Ill do anything for her if she asks. I do everthing to tell her how i feel about her. All the time and how beautiful she is hOw amazing she makes me feel. A while back i screwed up. With her i left her for 2 months over the summer the first month we held strong . The second month i broke. I started seei g another girl. And i ended it with her. For god knows why. Afterwards. I broke into peices my life crumbled my walls broken. Everything was a disaster. I couldnt live with myself. I broke of everything with the other girl and i just wanted her back. I still to this day dont understand why i did it. But the next month me and my gf started talking again. She was broke just as much as me. I hated myself. And i told her every day for the next month every day everymorning and night i would tell her. And that next month i told her i wanted her back i wanted a second chance i wanted to be with her. To kjow she said yes made my day amazi g my life chanhe everything was whole. It was us again wall down the street hand in hand again. I learned that day that love is the most forgiving thing. No matter what itll be there for you no matter wuat itll lve you even when you hate it. Love is forever lasting. And this girl shes the one. I wont ever do wrong to her again. Never i cant do that to her.

January 23, 2013 at 11:53 pm
(86) Danelle Wilhoit says:

Well I’m not sure If I’m in love or not ? Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 7 months now and we got together at a Camp (: I’m 13 right now , And we always hang out he always tells his friends about me & when his friends ask him to hang out he say’s no he’s going to hang out with his girlfriend . (:I’m not sure If since were 13 yeah I know guy’s don’t start anything until like 14 , 15 ? But he’s shorter than me ? Can that affect love for this age ? And so tonight we were talking on the phone we always play this little game It’s called “The truth Game” And he asked me If I liked his friend ? I said no …

But then he starts crying . I said babe why are you crying ? He replys saying “I don’t wanna lose you , Your so amazing and beautiful and I love you I’m sorry I’ve been acting like a jerk .. (We have been in a fight) .. And he say’s If he ever loses me he won’t move on , I’m like his first girlfriend . I think he’s In love with me he does everything for me , Every second lol almost every second of the day he say’s .. “I love you” , It kinda gets annoying but I love hearing it a lot . I always get this strange feeling when I’m around him it’s like a really good feeling & I never knew what it was ? Most of the time I get it when were holding hands , kissing , he puts his arm around me or ect .. ? Am I In love or just begging to ? Or what ?

February 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm
(87) arline says:

im 11, i know im to young but theres a guy that i really like i try to get him out of my head because at my age i shouldn’ t get in love but theres no cure im deeply in love i try and try but i just cant

wowww

February 23, 2013 at 12:25 pm
(88) nwiko oris says:

nwiko oris

I am 29yrs old and i ve been in a relationship for seven yaers and i ve never a day cut my fiancy with any body,welove each other more than what the world could say,we see every day and never get tire of each other but now that we ve agreed to get our marriage to be don in the one month her attitute change,she is no more calling me the way she use to and she easily get angry at every little thing i do.And when i asked her why is all this happening and she said she was afraid to lose me and that is why she was doing does thing to make me happy but now she is sure of me and that is why she is behavin strange. pLEASE ADVICE ME ON WHAT TO DO.

March 10, 2013 at 4:37 pm
(89) danni says:

hi i am 11 and there is this boy at school i just cant stop thinking about. we sit next to each other in maths and he knows i like but he just wont give a reaction or anything. i have been through two other boyfriends and one of them was his friend but now that we are not together he has become noticeably more talkative to me. i still dont think he likes me though because his friends dont indicate it although he does occasionally accidently on purpose brush against my knee sometimes. we are going to different secondary schools in september and i am frightened that if i dont go out with him by then, i will lose him. please help!

March 22, 2013 at 8:08 pm
(90) Ada Ahmed says:

Yeah I have a problem I have a husband who I have been married with for 6 years now and yesterday I called my friend and I can hear her cousin that was my friend and I can hear him screaming at her and saying let me talk to her and other stuff and then she passed the phone to him and then he said hey an u said hi then he said did you miss me over the summer and I didnít know what to say to I said idk and then I sai why are you talking to me arenít you dating Gabby???arenít you in love with her and he passed the phone to her my friend again and when that passed he said you asked me with Iím still in love with. Gabby and I said yeah so he said I donít know and I sighed and then all of a sudden he said cuz Iím in live with you whAt should I say
then he asked me out and I said idk and he gave me a week to think about it and on Monday I my friend said you know how my cousin said if you want to go out an I said yes so she said well he said he doesnít know anymore and then I said why and she said he forgot heís still dating gabby ??? What the Heck should I do PLEASE tell me.

March 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(91) concerned says:

I literally went through each of these comments, and they sound very truthful indeed. I think most are true love, and the butterflies are real, but I must say tha if you are still a teenager, and under your parents care without much responsibilities between you and your love, then you may be so blinded to see the level of maturity that should follow and sustain true love. I am 32 and married, and felt like that with one or two persons at different times, but never wanted to pursue the relationship ata that young age because one may be wrong or restrict oneself. The truth is that the love we seek from our love at a young age should have been satisfied by our parents and siblings through good family sharing and closeness. Unfortunately, do not even know how to make their children their best friends. At a very young age, one should aim towards making good general friends especially those with whom you see butterflies or a good heart with the aim of true love when older and when it is ripe, without the present fear of losing that person, nor the risk of getting into trouble.

April 13, 2013 at 6:06 pm
(92) stephan says:

I think about her all the time I cry alot about her I met her in my acting class and we used too talk now she dontt speak too me anymore.

April 16, 2013 at 5:40 am
(93) Genet says:

I must show my thanks to the writer just for rescuing me from such a crisis. Because of exploring throughout the world-wide-web and seeing solutions which were not pleasant, I believed my entire life was well over. Existing minus the strategies to the problems you have sorted out all through your entire post is a critical case, as well as the ones which may have in a negative way damaged my career if I had not noticed your website. Your actual mastery and kindness in taking care of all the pieces was very helpful. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not come across such a solution like this. I’m able to at this time relish my future. Thanks for your time very much for this specialized and sensible help. I won’t hesitate to suggest your web blog to anyone who will need direction about this subject matter.

May 7, 2013 at 4:24 pm
(94) Namidadream says:

I have felt heart break before, but only when I was at pretty young age so I guess it shouldn’t matter to me. I was recently asked out by a very awesome guy friend and we just love eachothers company. But, and this is general for all people I have dated or interested in, my heart, stomach, and head really hurts and it’s getting really annoying. I wanna stay with him and all, everything is fine and dandy with him :3
But there is no way I can handle these pains, I have many an excruciating test a coming and I don’t think it’d help me if I’m feeling these pains. Though I really like him <3

June 8, 2013 at 11:15 pm
(95) Fran says:

Hi there :)

I am 13 years old and I’m crazy in love with this guy and he’s in the same grade as me. I’ve been in love with him for about two or three years now (yeah I’m that in love with him and he’s on my mind 24/7 (not literally) I just know in my heart I will marry him some day! ^ē^. It’s just there’s one big problem here. I am terrified of talking to him! Every time I get this major case of butterflies so bad I feel like I’m gonna barf!! I am scared I will say something stupid or weird or mean or something. One other thing is I think he MIGHT like me back (but I’m not sure) because he always I staring at me and bumping into me on purpose and stuff :/ PLEASE HELP ME!!!

June 17, 2013 at 11:58 am
(96) Aishaa says:

I’m in love. I don’t know what to do
she would complain that things were abit too perfect.. About 6 months into the relationship I said something to someone who had feelings for me which I shouldn’t have but nothing happened it was just empty words my girlfriend found out and I didn’t make up any excuses I told her why and that nothing happened apart from that one conversation. Anyway we went on a break and during the break we still saw eachother and he told me she was seeing someone else for about 2 months into our relationship. I was upset but I was willing to look past it just to be with her
Things were good for a while and then she broke up with me and I have been crying on an off for about 2 months we still see eachother and she asks me ” do you still love me” and “stay with me forever” I just smile.
I really do love her, when I’m with her I feel safe, it’s like all my problems disappear, I never want to leve her side, I miss her pretty much as soon as she leaves, I think about her whenever I am not with her
I just want to make her happy. She is afraid of being hurt and she said she doesn’t like having to worry about where I am all the time. But I am committed to her and her only what do I do :(

June 19, 2013 at 11:08 pm
(97) nadia says:

Hi well I’m 13 years old I know that I am young but in my opinion and what I learned is that sometimes u just get sooo blined my love that u forget what his mistakes where and sometimes those mistakes actally reveals. What he really is but dont always defined. Him by his mistakes but its sometimes u actually have the choice to make a mistake a mistake is something that u take a chance to do and it just didn’t go right but rember always put ur self first u always want to do the best for u like if u dont love urself how do u expect a guy to love u when u cant even love urself and when u love urslef they guy well see how amazing u are and now if a guy ever cheats on u and this is just my opinion. If he that guy u love cheats on u leave his as* cuz when u really love a person everything would be just based on that person u love dont leave for a hoe for the night then the girl u love <3 kk bye bye rember SMILE no matter how useless. A person might feel ur smile could be the reason why someone's is happy :D

June 21, 2013 at 11:20 pm
(98) cam says:

im only 11but i really do love a girl. is that odd?

July 22, 2013 at 10:46 pm
(99) Ben says:

I jut said goodbye to my friend that in net at camp a year ago. We talk everyday since camp and went to see her today and saying goodbye was so hard to do. We hugged and she said that it was great to see me. Then we said goodbye. I miss her so much. The car ride home was so hard. I cried the whole way home.

July 26, 2013 at 10:45 am
(100) Noah says:

I think i might love this girl i havent hung out with since 2011, at a pool club, but really, i called her a couple weeks ago, and we decided on a day to hang out (yesterday) and i felt like a different person around her she makes me feel genuine smarter, and just better in a nutshell, i never stop smiling around her, and vice versa, i make her laugh alot, and i feel a strong connection between us, am i in love, or am i just misinterpreting her kindness, oh and on a side note, we used to hug a lot, but now since you know we’re growing up, we also might be growing apart, but i dont want that she means to much to me, if you get this, just please give me some pointers, and give me some guidance if im really in love or not, and i am how should i tell her

December 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm
(101) Kimberly says:

You know you are in love when you just want the person to be happy. You think even if I can’t have you, I want you to be happy somewhere else. You feel respected, cherished and accepted for who you are flaws in all. While you don’t have to like the way that someone sticks their wet foot out of the shower, or eat toast in bed you are able to continuously care for them regardless of their flaws. Love is unconditional and doesn’t waver in times of difficulty or required sacrifice. You could “trade up” for a younger or sexier person, but there is nothing more fulfilling than to be with someone that you truly love.

January 23, 2014 at 11:38 am
(102) neha says:

im a 14 year old and I have a crush with a 16 aged boy,but he is in love with another girl and the girl too,what should I do?

February 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm
(103) Sky says:

I have been with the same person for the past 7 years and I’m so in love and far more in love with every passing year that goes by. My love makes me laugh so much and his big strong arms comfort me. We have been thru tough and challenging times but he stayed by me when most would have ran away. Taking tears away and making me smile through it all. I have never been so happy.
But for some reason I can’t get an ex out of my mind. I don’t love or lust for him. I don’t want to see him and I don’t hate him or have anger. No grudges. I still think of him and it has been over 10 years. I don’t understand this and I want to marry my Love but don’t want to have this haunting feeling. I feel bad my honey doesn’t deserve that he deserves my whole heart. I have ignored and ignored and I’m afraid that it won’t go away. I hope he’s ok I don’t wish my ex harm. Any body have any ideas as to what this is??

April 22, 2014 at 6:44 pm
(104) megan says:

i think im in love bc I can never stay mad at him for longer than a minute or 2 and I cant stop thinking bout him while smiling. he makes me smile w/o even trying and sometimes some people make fun of me bc im white and hes mixed but I always tune them out. I don’t know am I in love or not?

May 10, 2014 at 11:56 pm
(105) Liv says:

I met this guy a week ago, and I don’t know how it happened to be honest. I think I may have talked to him too much maybe, we stayed up all night talking together and he makes me feel like an idiot because I can’t seem to talk or formulate words or even converse with him half the time.

I feel like I’m stalking him, when he isnt talking to me I feel anxious, and scared he wont talk to me ever again. I don’t know what’s going through his head honestly and it’s making me go insane.

He flirts with me, and yet he tells me about this girl all the time. I think he loves her and is only talking to me to try to ignore her. This suspicion is probably true…. although I wish I could maybe become someone he ends up liking and even loving…

I feel so confused, and anxious. I wish I could touch his hand, and be beside him right now. My heart swells, and I just cannot understand why. I feel like this emotion is hitting me too fast, and every time I try to ignore it I just end up thinking automatically about it.

Please oh please, stop tugging at my heartstrings. I feel like crying when I think of you.

Love is nothing but a poison.