1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Reader Question About Dating a Younger Man

By August 2, 2012

grrl_geek asks in the dating forums: My love interest (a man) is nearly 10 years younger than I. He knows that I am older, but he doesn't know exactly how much older, although he may have an idea.

Because of the way I look and dress I don't seem my age--I look and seem 10 years younger, and some people think I am even younger than that. My love interest did exhibit interest in me when we used to work together. I did not act on the attraction because we were co-workers. Now that we are no longer, I would like to woo him, but I am wondering whether the difference in our ages would be an issue.

Gents, what do you feel about the possibility of a partner who is 10 years older than you? If you wouldn't intentionally seek out an older woman, but happened to come across a lady that you are very much interested in, would the age difference bother you?

Comments
August 2, 2008 at 11:56 pm
(1) GBH says:

I wouldn’t let that bother me. If there is a genuine interest, age wouldn’t be a factor.

August 3, 2008 at 12:09 pm
(2) Gary says:

It would depend upon what common goals you share. That having been said, true love in this world is so incredibly hard to find. I would say to go for it. Women’s sexual prime is later than ours and they tend to outlive us anyway.

August 5, 2008 at 4:36 pm
(3) Chad says:

The only thing i would be concerned about is his maturity level and is he picking up his responsibilities. i believe you should not rush into it and really analyze his character to see if he’s someone that can take care you and more. I ran into this dating game simulation online and it’s hilarious! If a man ain’t treating you right don’t mess with it.

August 31, 2011 at 7:08 pm
(4) Giszy says:

i’m in this age thing aguy that is 16 is krazy bout and i dont know wat to do

August 6, 2008 at 1:31 am
(5) Alyssa says:

If you think you seem 10 years younger because you dress 10 years younger, think again. What you most likely seem like is someone who dresses 10 years younger than she ought to.

June 5, 2011 at 1:53 am
(6) Sammy says:

If she looks younger whatever she wears is gonna look better. I look young for my age and dated men twenty yrs older, my own age and younger….it comes down to the character of a person! Age doesn’t matter. Compatibility and if theyrespect u does. Plus no matter how u dress will either attract a jerk or the right guy who can see beyond it!

August 6, 2008 at 10:09 pm
(7) Latino4life says:

Really their is no differences on age factors . I’ve been with older women since I was 18. I am now 27. Preferably it up to the individual who has the insecurities and getting over them . Believe it or not these day younger guy are dating older women. From my experiences older are a lot better then the young.

August 9, 2008 at 3:31 am
(8) Angie says:

Ok well I’m a 29 yr. old woman who has been dating a 19 yr. old guy for a yr. and a half now. I don’t see how age is really an issue. As long as u both are happy and in love why should age be an issue? I say go for it what do u have to lose?

August 9, 2008 at 7:32 am
(9) Deepest1 says:

Having been President of a large singles organization I have seen this scenario played out many times. The younger male usually eventually ditches the older woman, once she ages. Then she is less desireable/attractive to males overall and lives her remaining years in loneliness. Sorry to say that, but it is a reality and a shame.

August 10, 2008 at 4:39 pm
(10) Lis says:

I liked the responses here so far. Well, I read the first three and here goes.
I am going on 6 yrs steady with a man 34 yrs old. I am 40. He walks around like he has his shit together in all facets ( did I spell that right ) and is a flake. Doesnt pay bills on time, tickets as well. I am starting to see, well maybe I always have seen; its all about him. I HATE TO GENERALIZE, but it’s like an OCD is going on. He has no romantic bone in his body and I really dont know what I am doing with him. We have never been on and off yet I tell him, find someone else, leave me alone for awhile, it doesnt work.
He is a workaholic and spends money on wrong things, with no goals to speak of.

IT IS HARD TO HAVE AN INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION with him without it leading into a fight.
I could go on and on.
Lis

August 30, 2008 at 8:48 pm
(11) superwoman says:

Hi.. okay first don’t listen tothe nay sayers.. I have been dating two men over the last 7 months one 9 years younger and another 14 years younger, younger men do love a confident secure older woman. If you are looking for some fun and do not have big expectations you could have a really great time. So, to your question, you don’t need to woo.. don’t over think it. Just text the guy and tell him you would like to go out to dinner with him. HE WILL SAY YES. I continue to date and have more younger men then I can ask for asking me out. I can’t keep up… but I am enjoying life. Isn’t that what it is about.. who said marriage? Us older women aren’t usually ready to give up everything and run and get married if we are confident and independent. Just what the men love. GOOD LUCK!!

August 30, 2008 at 11:33 pm
(12) crosescope says:

I am 45yrs young and I have raised 2 sons (1 is 28yrs & the other 26yrs) to be real men. I have numerous relationships with loser men my age and never considered dating anyone that was more than 5 yrs younger.Until 1 yr ago I started seeing this 25 yr old., the difference of 20 years is large, no future in it but it’s the best sex I’ve ever experienced. Now I have a boyfriend who is 35yrs old and much more mature and very committed to the relationship. I try to stay physically fit and the age difference doesn’t bother him or myself. I say if it makes you happy and you trust and love him, you go for it! You only live once.

September 25, 2008 at 9:30 pm
(13) Satisfied in Nebraska says:

I have had the best sex of my life with a man 16 years younger than me. I have not called or pursued him he has called me. I do not think we will be together in the future but want to continue the friendship for what he has offered to me. He has woke me up to life and to enjoy it for me. After divorce and being mistreated by my ex husband he has given me life again. I do not regret a day of our friendship and relationship.

January 29, 2009 at 5:53 am
(14) Gotta Luv Em says:

I’ve always attracted younger men and was married to a man ten years younger than me for twenty years. Our marriage broke up, not because of the age difference, but because of other bog-standard issues that could occur between any couple. Now I’m seeing a guy 16 years younger than me and it’s just brilliant. I have no intention of getting married again (been there, done that), but I intend to enjoy life to the full, especially while my young lover is so full of energy and passion! Mmmm

February 3, 2009 at 12:26 am
(15) ls says:

the age difference only becomes an issue when it comes to children- having them..
if he is 35 and you are 42 when you meet, chances are you will have a hard time conceiving at 43 or 44, if he wants children.you stand a better chance if he has kids already. you can look 28 and be 48 but the inside never lies..

February 3, 2009 at 9:36 pm
(16) Smily says:

I am a 44 year-old woman and dating on and off a 10 years younger guy for over seven months now. I do look fantastic for my age too. However, he backed off after he found out exactly how old I was. After my husband left me after 22 years of marriage, he helped me to brush up on social skills and showed me how to have fun. We both have so much in common, background, culture, personality, and goals. In different circumstances we would be perfect for each other. However, I don’t think there is a future for us, because age does bother him alot. I love him very much, and I know he has feelings for me too, but our relationship is falling apart day after day. He doesn’t want to take me out anywhere anymore, just his or my house. If you know that the number doesn’t bother him, go for it. You will enjoy his company, no doubt.

February 17, 2009 at 2:09 am
(17) Lynn says:

I, too, am in love with a younger man. I am 55 and he is 34. I am afraid to do anything since he is a good friend. How do I proceed?

March 17, 2009 at 1:54 pm
(18) miracle42 says:

I can’t believe this happened to me…. I am in love with a man 12 years younger than I and he loves me too!…I know I can’t believe this…I surely didn’t go out and look for this to happen and I never dreamed we would be talking happily ever after either…but we are! At first I told him it was his decision to have this awesome relaionship or not…but now I am having some second thoughts, and am working through them as best as I can….I worry about ten years from now….??? but these risks you take with anyone….right?

May 2, 2009 at 5:54 am
(19) kris says:

i am 35 and my current man is 25. and oh is he awesome. i was married to a 40 year old and its amazing how much more my new boyfriend can connect. its not about age. its about who you are.

May 27, 2009 at 3:04 am
(20) Ava says:

Isn’t it interesting? We wouldn’t even be discussing this if the genders were reversed, because no one would bat an eye. 10 years is not that much of a difference. If you’re both happy, than what’s wrong with it? Listen to your heart, not the nay-sayers. You never know how life and love can surprise you.

May 31, 2009 at 1:05 pm
(21) Dee says:

Wow, I’m so glad to read how common this situation is…I’m a 44 year old woman who has met at 29 year old man and am apprehensive about a relationship. I guess you never know where life will bring you…go ladies!

July 9, 2009 at 9:16 am
(22) Jamie says:

I am head over heels in love with a man who is 14 years younger. The feeling is mutual. I am 39, he is 25.

My only concern… having been around the block a little bit more than him (married), is that he doesn’t REALLY truly get how unique and amazing, and hard to come by our relationship is. Clearly this is not too big a concern.

I definitely thought I was done with children, but would squeeze one out as late as 44/45 for him / us.

July 12, 2009 at 2:34 pm
(23) Confused says:

I am 42 years old, divorced, and have no children. The man that I really want to be with is 41 and like me has no children (he has never been married though).

I had been seeing a 41-year old since May 15, 2009. I went to a conference in North Carolina the second week of June 2009 and felt inextricably draw to a man that I later found out is 24 years old. I broke up with the 41-year old because he started playing phone games. You know, the one where they TELL you to call them back in 2 minutes, they don’t pick up the phone and then call you the next day (and don’t leave a message). I told the 41-year old ON THE FIRST DATE that I’m one for games, and I REALLY THOUGHT that we were on the same page, until he started with the games. I think that he’s seeing (sexing) another woman, OR he wants to give me the impression that he is. Either way, I felt that I needed to end things because the relationship was about him trying to get the upper hand.

After I thought about all of the things that we have in common, as well as how much that I miss him, I called him 2 days ago to see where we stand BECAUSE the 24-year old has been calling me non-stop! The 24-year old is irritated that I won’t give him a chance. Because I am the type of woman who feel it responsible to end one thing before beginning another, I must say that the 24-year old is making it INCREDIBLY hard for me to say no. His spirit seems so free and unencumbered while the 41-year old, although without children, seems to have more emotional baggage. I’m beginning to close the book on any chances with the 41-year old because it’s been 2 days and he still hasn’t called. My heart is aching, but it’s not the first time, so I am sure that I will get over my hurt. Whether it’s his pride in me breaking up with him, or whether it’s to teach me a lesson, I’m sick of his games. I want to tell the 41-year old that I WANT to be with him, but am mature enough to realize that a relationship cannot work unless BOTH people want it.

On the other hand, I wonder WHY I gave a man my card who is so much younger. When I met the 24-year old, he was just so open and honest. Specifically, he TOLD me that he remembered me from last year. He also TOLD me that he vowed that if he ever saw me again, he would talk to me and try to get to know me. This man is DOING JUST THAT. The problem? I am scared to death of getting hurt. I worry that he will NOT be the same person at 30 years old, and that he will leave me for someone younger. I think that the MAIN reason WHY I am so scared is because I have a connection with this man (we live in different states). I am so attracted to his spirit, his honesty, and his candor. But the REALITY is the 18-year age difference. For anyone out there who can relate to my feelings, PLEASE share your thoughts on this.

July 19, 2009 at 1:25 am
(24) Carolann says:

I was married to my husband for 23 years and found out he was cheating the last 9 months of it. We have been divorced for 1 1/2 year.

I had a one year relationship with a man 4 years older then myself and it was safe and healing and I am afraid I broke his heart.

Two days later I met a guy who I knew casually for a year.. He ran after me and I now know he is 17 years younger..

we went out and to my surprise I really like him.. And we have such Chemistry!

I am 49 and he is 32 and OMG how will that work? I only know I can not wait to see him again!!

July 21, 2009 at 9:37 am
(25) Kea says:

im 33 and dating a 25 yr old he worships me, best sex, ive told hem several times to go get woman his age and he refused, we hav been dating for 4years now, we do all the things couples do together, he is so in love with me, im confortable with the relationship, older man are boring,

July 24, 2009 at 3:59 am
(26) lolly pop says:

I am dating a 5 years younger boy. and we are planning a family together, my family is against it we both love each other very much. what do i do???

July 31, 2009 at 1:51 pm
(27) Confused Too! says:

I am 45 and was recently dating a 24 yo – I can relate to the writer named “Confused” above….I was so attracted to his free spirit, youth, and the fact that he pursued me a lot! He made me feel alive again, attractive, HOT! Anyhow, after a few months of this, he kept telling me that he was scared be cause he was becoming very attached to me and we both knew there could be no future with a 22 year difference! So, he pulled away – of course I felt horrible, hurt, and lonely again. But that’s the risk you take I guess, and I have some great memories! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

August 3, 2009 at 8:39 am
(28) mellow says:

I have read all of the comments posted and I too can relate.

I am a single mother of the most adorable 8 year old. Ive met so many men in my past however none compair to the man i met approx 1.5 years ago. I was born in 1975 and he was born in 1984. Simply put there is an 8 year difference in our age.

In a year an a half I have enjoyed his company, and committment to our friendship. Just recently he mentioned that he is and will be dating other women…preferably younger more in his age bracket.

As I understand this is so important…part of my insecurities came out….as in why am I not enough…etc….

This past weekend we went hiking, one of the better weekends I’ve ever had. One of the young ladies he has begun dating texted, called etc….and he shed light on our “friendship”. Very basic from what I gathered from the other end.

I mentioned that I will not go for this kind of disrespect. If he wants to date and see other women then so be it. Because the young lady he is currently begun dating “5 days” now…is playing for major keeps. I just told him to DO IT!

He seemed soo confused, he mentioned that he didnt want the feelings he has for me. He said he just thought our relationship would be very casual, nothing emotional.

For the first time he mentioned that he cared for me and wants for me to trust in what he is doing. He said the MORE i date the MORE i see I want to be with you!

I dont know its an interesting relationship by far. I have my insecurities about dating a younger man but why? I can only pray that what is to be will be. God does answer prayers.

August 4, 2009 at 1:18 am
(29) Jema says:

My first husband was 8 years older, he was a liar and a cheat, he never clean up after himself he wouldnít help out around the house, he drank all day on the weekend and wouldnít bulge from wherever he was sitting. He worked and made decent money but never brought any of it home, so bills went unpaid, the utilities would get disconnected, and there was never any food in the houseÖI could go on and on.

My new husband is 18 years younger, he cooks, clean and keeps the house immaculate, not to mention he pays all the household expenses, he helped me to finish paying for my sonís tuition (college). He takes me on vacations around the world, pampers me with gifts to the spa, jewelry, and electronic devices. Again I could go on and on. Itís an individual thing, not all older men donít have their lives together, just as all younger men arenít screw-ups. I realize that my husband might one-day look at me and see a much older woman, but for now I will keep on loving him just as he loves me and I can only hope for the best.

August 14, 2009 at 12:19 am
(30) Sandy says:

I married my younger man (by 17 years) this July 4th. We had dated for two years and knew we wanted to be together…not just cohabitate.

August 14, 2009 at 8:05 pm
(31) dlgus says:

I personally don’t know how people can date someone in the age range of their child. It feels wrong to me….but I guess, to each their own.

August 23, 2009 at 2:25 pm
(32) Long Island says:

” Younger man and Older Woman ”

I can’t speak for others, but for myself.

Am a 45 yrs old man in excellent shape and form, and had my first wife for a very brief period who was 4 yrs younger.

Then came along my ex who was 3 years older than me.

Now, am in love with a pretty and matured 53 year young lady also in excellent shape and form.

The point I am trying to bring here is that age is not a mere factor or any right or wrong age/age difference. Obviously, extreme differences say 15-20 (or more)might be more challanging, but hey, Marriage and it’s success is a challenge anyways.

Better being with an older compatible lady than a younger lady with whom the relationship probably might break..AND VICE VERSA TOO.

BOTTOMLINE: GO FOR IT IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD.. GIVE IT SOME TIME AND LIVE TOGETHER FOR SOMETIME AS WE CALL IT COURTING RELATIONSHIP, BEFORE TYING THE KNOT.

September 1, 2009 at 3:10 am
(33) diggy25@tmo.blackberry.net says:

I’m 35 and dated a guy that was 22. It was the best relationship, at least that’s what I thought. He said he wanted to marry me, and he loved his life with me. Then one day he took his things and moved out. Yes overnight! He said he wanted to see what was out there, and that he wanted to be 22. I was heartbroken and I still think about him everyday. Its been 2 weeks and he still hasn’t called. I love him soooo much. I hope he sees that the grass isn’t always greener on the otherside.

September 5, 2009 at 6:33 pm
(34) Hannah says:

Hmm. This is interesting. The comments seem evenly split between “It’s the greatest thing ever” and “It sucks.” I have an attraction to someone who is 29, nearly 30 and I am 44. Since he is in a relationship, it’s not going to happen, but it got me to thinking about what issues would come up if it did. It also got me off my butt and into exercise class! So I guess it hasn’t been all bad!

I’m really not sure. One man in our circle is 48 and married to a 27-year-old woman, so as we were discussing it, I ventured the opinion that really, it would depend on the guy. And it would. If he were mature enough to handle the age difference, and genuinely interested in me and vice versa, it might be worth a shot.

September 10, 2009 at 7:51 am
(35) mzlezz says:

I am almost 45 yrs young…I am divorced w/ a 23 yr old son and a 20 yr old daughter who has a 21 mo old son. I seem to only attract much younger guys or older ones (which are usually married). The younger guys are a true “turn-on” to me! It really flatters me when these young men try to hit on me. About 3 wks ago I met this cutie – who is 24. I told him that “my daughter would love him” when I first met him. This guy makes me laugh and treats me like a real lady! I don’t look my age and I love to smile and have fun. I try to eat properly and some exercise helps me to look and feel good. almost The guys I have been with around my age group are very immature for their ages, they expect too much from me and they want to keep me locked up! I haven’t told my children about this young man yet. This is the youngest guy that I have actually thought about dating. Last year I was seeing this 31 yr old – I thought the 13 yr age gap was tremendous but this tops it all!

October 13, 2009 at 3:25 am
(36) SARAH says:

I am a divorced Asian woman at age 45 and met a 32 year old man 19 months ago. He pursued me 7 months before we started dating. We just had our first anniversary this weekend. He is pure, understanding, responsible, and incredibly cute (from Romania). First two months after having such a romantic trip together to Napa Valley, I was thinking we would go separate ways because I thought he didn’t know age. Even while we were having a great time together on our trip, I was afraid of losing him anytime, so couldnít enjoy the entire time. His response was he knew about my age from day one and never cared about the age difference as long as I look and feel good like now. He never had a girlfriend in America for 9 years until he met me. We got along so good and so attached to each other. He never went out alone and always liked to do things with me.

He moved in with me after 9 months of dating and one day over one small & silly argument he moved out. I was devastated and brutally hurt. For two weeks he only sent me one neutral email and offered me help on anything anytime. I took a trip to L.A. to ease my pain but nothing helped me. I initiated first phone call and he responded. We met at a restaurant and went to my business office and both cried so hard. We both realized how much we miss each other and wanna be together. We got back and started a new and mature chapter in our relationship. It was rather bumpy in the beginning but we figured out what takes to make it work Ladies out there who date younger men don’t need to have a fear about the outlook or the hurt from the break-up because it can happen in any form of relationship not just from the age difference. We overcame the challenge in the beginning of our relationship with his persuasion and help. Sometimes, I have experienced his lack of relationship skills, but as long as we stay focused on what we want for our life, the difference that we have could happen in a relationship with the same age. I never feel confident about my having a full control when things go wrong between us. I think he sometimes learns the wisdom and gain maturity indirectly from my past mistakes that I often share with him. His friends also told me that I look younger than he. I exercise and get skin care on regular basis and look and feel more youthful than ever unlike my marriage with 9 year older husband who made me feel like 65 with no glow on my face.

We are planning to get married on our second anniversary day next year. I am sure there will be some challenges ahead of us to level our different experiences in our past life, but I can’t wait to see our maturing and growing together next 12 months. IT’S ALL WORTH IT!!

November 25, 2009 at 11:49 am
(37) gift says:

my boy friend is 2 years younger than me he just told me.i ve the fear that one day he will say i m too old for him.but i want him to tell me want he want from the relationship if i can agree with him.i am 28 he is 26

December 7, 2009 at 3:20 pm
(38) kitty la rue says:

do you think a man of 45 who loves wild sex partying can honeslty love a woman of 60 who looks exactly like 60 she looks like his mother and he loves younger woman and ive learned that shes been supporting him do you think it will last she also found that he had been sleeping with his much younger ex girlfriend should she continue this ?

December 14, 2009 at 9:08 pm
(39) Satisfied says:

A beautiful 24 year old man recently stepped into my life. I’m 48 years old. He ask me to our company Christmas party. Yea…risky. Wearing my cougar label, I walked into our party with my head held high. It was an honor to be his date and I had the time of my life.

I plan to continue seeing him for as long as it last without
anaylzing, second guessing, or putting expections on our relationship.

My advice is live in the moment. If life throws you an opportunity to experience passion and love, except the gift and be thankful.

December 24, 2009 at 7:36 am
(40) SexyScorpio28 says:

The comments that I have read here are from one extreme to the next. I am also dating a man who is 22, I am 34. In his young years he has been through a lot. 2 years ago I had to leave a man whom I spent 16 years with, whom I married and as soon as I married him, it was over in 90 days. This man was abusive, a cheater, a womanizer, couldn’t hold down a job and still doesn’t, and didn’t have any goals in life, just want to live off of me. Now the 22 year old, is simply amazing. He is very goal oriented, a hard worker, a magnificent lover and a great friend. We have been dating for 9 months and counting, and he has given me my life back, he has healed me in ways where I thought I’d never heal. He pursued me, took me out on a few dates, we spent a lot of time together for the initial months, but began to pull back, because he wasn’t sure about jumping into things with me right away because he fell for me hard and explain that it was so easy to like me, as he pulled back I pulled back, and as I pull back he comes for me. I decided to take things slow and where ever this goes it goes, he is young and still trying to find his way, so basically I am just there for now, because he has his life to live and I have mine, and hopefully we cross paths, We still talk about every three to five days but consistently weekly. I let him pursue because even though he is young he knows what he is looking for in a woman. When dating a younger man I have learned to have confidence in myself, leave all the pursuing up to them, in essence they are still immature in many ways but seem a lot more goal oriented and full of life. If you are interested in a younger man, they tend to not want to be tied down, and have to have their freedom and it is best to let them have their freedom but don’t stand for any of the types that are just looking for a free ride, the typical booty call, a mother or someone to call if their in a bind. My “boyfriend” is a mutual confidant, we talk about many things and we go through life separately trying to reach our goals, and are really enjoying this no strings attached thing for the moment. We look out for one another and the only expectation we have is that we exclusively see one another, when we see each other. We both have mutual respect for one another, he is open and honest as well as I am open and honest, he talks about marriage a lot, and I let him talk about it but don’t respond too much because he is 22 years old, has a lot to learn about life in general, and let him do him. Right now he is chasing the pavement, trying to get his financial security in order, and is always talking about taking care of me. I don’t take him too serious and won’t take him serious until he has made a commitment on his own, but will set boundaries if I have to. He knows what I have been through and is a true protector of my heart. No I don’t know where his mind is at all times, but it has been 9 months and we are still involved in a non-committed way at the moment where he is free to pursue his dreams without being tied down to any specific way of being with me. I do love him but love myself a lot more. As an older woman with a younger man, I have to make sure I stand tall and pursue my dreams and make sure things are right for me, because this man right here will be a very close friend for life, and one day the Lord may bless him to be my husband. For now it is the freedom to love each other just the way we are loving each other at this very moment.

December 26, 2009 at 2:30 am
(41) heartogram says:

I need your help ladies……. so badly . I have been divorced for 2 years now. I have 2 small children under the age of 7. I have not dated or wanted to date since the divorce, i wanted to concentrate on my kids. I recently meet someone who I believe could easily be my soul mate, however he is 19 years younger. Just looking at that seems so bad. I have never connected with anyone in my life like he and I have. We both fell so hard and so fast we still can not believe it. I fought my feeling for him so hard because of his age. But i can not help what my heart feels and it is 100% in love with him. I have been in love 3 times now. Once and still with my high school sweetheart, husband of 11 years and now with the younger guy. We connect on every level possible and are so perfect together. We complete each other and are so much in love but no-one knows. My best friend knows and supports us but that’s it. He recently went back home and we are both dieing inside and the pain of being apart is to much to handle. I have never felt pain like this in my life, without him I am empty, lonely, heartbroken and feel like half my heart went with him. we talk, text and facebook as often as we can. We are both in so much pain and want to be together so bad. From day one he has talked about how I am his perfect match. Every time we had sex he wished I would get pregnant, he talks about marriage and how we are perfect for each other. He lives at home still ( he is legal tho) and neither of our families know anything. He still has to go to college in September. He has only been gone a week but this pain is so intense and unbearable I cry every night I miss him so much and my heart hurts so bad i cant breath at times. We are meeting in a tropical place in may. I just want to be with him now and forever. Ladies any advice would be helpful to me please.

April 20, 2010 at 9:04 am
(42) Mel says:

Well I am 34 recently divorced from a 37 year old husband who had continued affairs with much younger ladies. And am now the love focus of a 29 year old man who could easily be an underwear model. My 29 year old is far more mature than my 37 year old ex who used to play online games and drink all day. New man is not only stable where money and career is concerned, he even took on my children. I am average ladies. Not a model type not loaded and yet here is this angel. just for me. Why? Because we have things in common and have a similar mental attitude. Its not about age its about individual people. Go for it. You are only alive once, and idiots come in all shapes and ages. Advice from younger man, Some men do reach a mental peak early and can not abide the mind games, immaturity and giggly young fluffs who are focused on non important issues.

Someone your own age may not always be right for you. Good luck.

August 11, 2010 at 6:47 pm
(43) Red007 says:

I’ve been seeing a man who is 22 years younger than me for a year, and it’s the most amazing relationship I have ever had! He has a kind soul, and I’m honestly in love! It started as sex, but we both realized we couldn’t say goodbye, and we just gave in to it! I’ve honestly never been happier in my life!

September 11, 2010 at 4:23 pm
(44) mother03 says:

I have been in a committed relationship with a man 13 years younger than I. I’m 40 and he’s 27. On the surface it doesn’t make alot of sense. What had taken me by surprise was knowing this man has more depth and kindness than any man I’ve ever met. He has a child and I have children. We have very similar values, ideas, goals. I can honestly say that I love him completely. I don’t know where the future may take us but I do envision my life together.

I wish that there were guarantees but with everything in life, there are not. Enjoy the moment and love completely. Respect and love one another.

November 3, 2010 at 11:44 pm
(45) amanda says:

I am 40 years old and divorced for 2 years now, dating a 48 year old for 1 year, he is kind and probably a good candidate for marriage, for the last 2 months i started loosing interest in him for many reasons too long to explain but do not have the heart to break up with him right now. 5 days ago this 25 year old gorgeous rich kid starts talking to me at the hair salon and asked for my number, I was totally shocked, he was really flirty and yes I gave him my number, he asked me out that same night and i accepted, i was sooo nervous and it felt so weird but exciting at the same time, well that night we just talked and he kissed me like I dont remember ever been kissed but i held back from going further, he was ok with that, now he keeps calling and texting that he wants to see me again, i dont know what to do, i do look pretty good for my age, should i just have a fling? i am sure that it will be all about sex… helppp!!!!

November 21, 2010 at 7:16 pm
(46) Lifeisexperience says:

Hello everyone :) I read through all the comments, searching for women who have some insight on dating someone much younger. I’ve been friends with a man (26) for over a year, and we just started dating a couple weeks ago. I’m 35 :) I’ve had serious relationships with men 10 years older, and men my age or a couple years younger. This is my first boyfriend with this much of an age difference.

What I’ve learned so far in my life, and what I would like to share, is that people are people – and double standards are illogical and immature.

Love is love, lust is lust, friendship is friendship. Life is about experiencing new things and taking risks. I spent my entire life thus far trying to ‘logic’ my love and relationships to no avail – because I was afraid of taking the risk to just let things happen regardless of the outcome.

Some men and women experience ‘life lessons’ at different ages, and some men and women are ready for certain things at different times. It’s all about living life, learning from mistakes and continuing forward.

November 21, 2010 at 7:17 pm
(47) Lifeisexperience says:

Now with that being said, I will tell you this about my new boyfriend – he is every single wonderful quality that was in all of my exs, combined :) Smart, responsible, funny, fun, considerate, thoughtful, sexy and extremely patient and gentle :) He has a gentle voice, gentle hands, and a gentle spirit. He is simply amazing. We discussed the age difference, but decided that we are both at a place where we want the same things in a significant other, and that our age difference should not be the deciding factor in whether or not we should enjoy life together for the time being. We also discussed the issue of children (neither of us want any) before we started the relationship – I know it’s weird, but when you’re on the verge of giving your heart to someone, being honest should not be so scary that you dive in head first and realize down the road that kids/no kids will become a roadblock in a relationship.

My one advantage over some of the other women here is that we had a friendship first where we developed trust and respect – so when I brought up the issue of children, he completely understood, and respected the reason why I asked the question. He was actually happy I brought it up :) He’s not looking for someone to ‘mother’ him – all he wants is for me to be happy – and lately I’ve been so stressed out :S

November 21, 2010 at 7:18 pm
(48) Lifeisexperience says:

Listen, we’re all adults here – we are allowed to have grown up fun. We are allowed to try new things and explore all the things life has to offer – Joy, pain, love, sadness – no matter if we’re with someone or not, we also feel loneliness at times. Have confidence in the decisions you make, because they are yours to make. One cannot appreciate happiness without experiencing great sadness – experiencing those dualities is what makes life valuable – wouldn’t it be better to try and fail than wonder what if the rest of your life? It’s the ultimate learning experience – after a while you figure out what it is exactly what you want and how to get it. Take a chance! Who knows what lies around the corner :D

I for one, am looking forward to what will happen for me and my new boyfriend :) Even if it ends, we talked about staying friends no matter what, but for now, he tells me he adores me, and shows it. I said ONE time, a few months back that I always wanted to go to the opera – the day he asked me to go, I had totally forgotten that we even talked about it – and that’s where we went for our first date :)

Good luck ladies! My thoughts and hopes are with you :D

December 24, 2010 at 9:27 am
(49) CC says:

This is exactly the same situation I have now. I think that it takes guts to lay it out on the table talk about it with the person and see where it goes. We may have opinions and or even success stories but every case is different and it depends on the individual and circumstances. Do be prepared that he will say no, that he would walk away, and that he may/may not take you all that seriously. (Seems like the ball is in his court very much).

January 16, 2011 at 3:37 am
(50) manny says:

few weeks ag0 I met a guy who is 10 years younger than me. I’m so so confused and can’t stop thinking about his age when i’m by myself. when we are together I can’t stop thinking how great he is. he is fun and wants to tell the world he’s with me but I wouldn’t dare.

March 24, 2011 at 10:13 pm
(51) Marie says:

Ok,. I have you all beat! betcha. I am 77 years old and in love and loved by a wonderful, sweet, kind, handsome man who is 41!!!!

How did this happen? For the first two months I just kept laughing at him. and his feelings were hurt. Why are you laughing at me? but i gradutlaly stopped laughing.. and started appreciating his kindness and compassion for others,. and his amazing desire to make love to me.

Ane well,.. near the end of a rich, wonderful life.. why not?

ok, did i beat you all?

May 11, 2011 at 7:44 pm
(52) So confused says:

Hi, I am 29 and recently met a gorgeous guy who is 19. I have never had a relationship as ive never met a man I can trust and who will treat me right. I know we both really like each other and have a huge amount in common we talk all the time. Yes we have kissed and cuddled a few times and he is such a gentleman, but what I think is stopping us is what is everyone as in our friends thinking, a 10 year age gap! As soon as I try to push him out my mind he will get in contact with me again. He is extremely mature and very well set up in life more so than alot of 30 year olds I know! But Im so confused I think about him all the time and keep thinking no hes too young for you, but I cant imagine him not in my life!

May 23, 2011 at 6:59 pm
(53) Anonymous says:

I’m also 29, in love with a 19 year old. I’ve tortured myself about it, seriously. I was in a good relationship with a good man a year older than me for seven years, so I know it’s not just that I can’t “find someone my own age”. As someone else said, though, it’s about who you are as people. We have been really close friends for a year, without doing anything physical, and I think that’s actually been a good idea. There are specific issues that come up with life experience with that much of an age difference, and 19- even a very mature 19- is still young. After a year of being friends, though, I don’t notice the age difference anymore- we just fit together (like peas and carrots:), and I have this wonderful, calm feeling around him, like this is exactly where I’m supposed to be. And if you can find that with someone, hold onto it.

July 3, 2011 at 11:26 am
(54) cdigits23 says:

Hello I am a 33 yr old married woman who is in love with a 23 yr old man. I have been have been seeing him for almost two yrs now. We are crAzY in love. We have a great time when we are together he makes me laugh, feel SEXy, and we always have a great time when we are together. We often go out and people tell us they can see the immense love we have for each other. We have talked about me getting a divorce, but I am scared. I have stepped back to many times in life. I feel like I am going to be taking care of him. He still lives at home and just recently enrolled in school. I am established and live a very comfortable life style. He talks about moving out together but is waiting for me to move out with him. He has no responsibility right now and shows no independence. I feel like I am being materialistick. When we are not together i think about him all the time. I often cry because i miss him and can’t do the normal boyfriend/ girlfriend stuff. I get sick, and have anxiety attacks. I now take antidepressants and was told to go see a counselor. My 23 yr old lover just recently started making comments like “your going home to f%&* your husband” and so on…which again makes me very upset and cry. My husband on the other hand is very good looking, takes care of me, kind, and loving. I am very proud of my husband. He hardly ever wants to do anything together, like family functions and shopping together. We have no kids. Now after two years I have detached myself from his family and him. We recently went on vacation and I felt no reconnection. I know that is not going to happen overnight. However, when I got back from vacation my 23 lover gave me a altimatume…yikes. …..him or me..now I feel like I am being pressured, and don’t need a 23 year old to tell me what to do. Im scared and also hurt. Any advice??? Is this normal??? Feel free to ask me questions..there is a lot more to this..

December 23, 2011 at 6:07 pm
(55) Lynne says:

What happens, when there is a 20 year difference when he is 50 and you are 70. I am 49 and I have someone pursuing me that is 27, I really like him and we have great chemistry but I cant get over the age difference. Do people make comments, like is that your son? Or does it matter that he gets carded and you dont. Just some questions I have been asking myself.

January 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm
(56) inloveandscared says:

For the last 9 months I have been with a man who is 10 years younger than me. He’s just about everything I’ve ever wanted in a man – kind, generous, funny, handsome, healthy, driven, goal-oriented, passionate, adventurous, etc. The connection was instantaneous for me. It feels so right and so meant to be. I’ve met all of his family and he has met all of mine. Everyone supports us, which is so great. We plan on moving in together in a few short months. BUT, my FEAR is not for the now (things are great), but for years from now. I’m petrified that he will one day look at me and see me as an older lady, then leave me. I’m afraid I will find myself alone at an older age, which would be horrible, and that some lucky younger woman will take him away from me. The thought of that makes me want to vomit. I don’t look near my age though, I continuously get told I look somewhere around 24/25/26. I am not worried about the age difference between us as far as maturity level, goals, etc. – we are on the same page in every respect. My concern lies within myself, trying not to let my self-confidence get the best of me. I feel like because I think of him/us 24/7 and how it will all play out later, I’m sending the wrong energy into the universe. I’m trying to be more positive and confident about it, but I’m having a hard time. I know you can only be rewarded in life if you take risks, but I’m so scared. I love him so much……we haven’t even verbalized that yet, although I am dying to tell him and to hear it from him as well. He had a troubled childhood and has a hard time with intimate emotions, so I’m just being patient.

January 11, 2012 at 7:57 pm
(57) inloveandscared says:

(Continued from above)

I don’t want to hear stories about people that have been dating a year or two with the age difference between an older woman and a younger guy; I want to hear stories of how the marriages have lasted 20-30 years! I need those stories. I don’t know what to do and I make myself physically ill thinking about it all to death. I just want to be able to enjoy the “now”, like everyone says, but the future is so important to me, I can’t take it lightly. Help.

January 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm
(58) inloveandscared says:

I forgot to mention that I am about to turn 37 and he just turned 27.

May 6, 2012 at 10:22 am
(59) jiji says:

I am 45 and was married to the wrong one like many, for twenty years. I am in love with a 22 year old man. I say man, and love in the same sentence and this is profound for me. I dated many men after my divorce and have had 3 relationships two a little older and one the same age. I am not a fly by night and have an abusive past with my ex and when I was a child. This young man came into my life when he was 14 years old while I was still married. He was the hardest worker and most humble child I had ever seen. I treated him like a son, because I have a son two years younger than him. He came from a hard life with his mother in a wheelchair and a very abusive stepfather. I never thought any different at the time about him, but I knew he was different. I didn’t know until years later that he fell in love with me at this young age where you really do not understand what love is. He lived with our family off and on and left at certain points of his life to find out what life was about, in which he did and he has always tried so hard to do the right thing or you could say the manly thing. He told me at 19 years old how much he loved me this was after my divorce. I knew I loved him and I told him but I couldn’t go on with it. He left cause he knew he had to. Living in the same house and in love and you can not express it is very stressful, it had took its toll on both of us. I forced him out I will say more in my next message

May 6, 2012 at 10:36 am
(60) jiji says:

This is to complete my message. Women and men, love is not bias nor does it discriminate. He is back home after trying to have a life with his own peers and age and lifestyle. I went on with my life accordingly. I dated and carried on. He is and will always be a man of actions. When he speaks the words are of such wisdom that I can not turn my back. I prayed to God a long time ago while I was still married in the same home with my ex that if it were his will for me to stay married and live for my husband only and my children and be their caretaker only I would do as his will. I also ask God would I ever experience true love before I died. I always told God I would do what I was suppose to do and be what I am suppose to be if it were his will. Now here I am in total love with this man and this man is more than I dreamed of , even as a child in fairy tales. He is all and to him I am all. He lifts me as I lift him. We are each others support system. There is no trust issues. I am encourage to live and advance as I do him. We have agreed to wait as long as it takes to start our life together fully as we should. This is all due to my son who is mentally ill with disorders. I have done all for my son plus more, but it is like living with my ex all over again and I have come back to the same prayers as before. Please women, make you a checklist, stand by what traits you have to have in a man and make sure you have the same traits that you are seeking.

July 11, 2012 at 12:33 am
(61) elQueen63 says:

I say do it if your both available. I had a 15 yr relationship with a guy 10 yrs younger than me. Age never became an issue. He looked older than me. As long as I wasn’t old enough to be his mom I was ok with it. We been separated past 2 1/2 yrs. but remain good friends. Just recently I met guy who wanted to date me who is 15 yrs younger. I said absolutely NOT! I hadn’t seen what he looked like but envisioned a kid. I’m 48 & he’s 34. I have a son that’s 30. I told him so and politely turned him down not expecting to hear from again. But he answered me back with annoyance that triggered a conversation of why I shouldn’t and him with I should. I finally gave in met at the park and was shocked at what I saw. He defintely didn’t look 34. He’s very handsome and tall. I had the greatest night ever. It’s understood that were not looking for anything more than what it is. Who needs all the drama of having to deal with being a relationship when you be treated like a queen. We go to the coast, mountains, and it’s great. So don’t let anyone tell YOU what to do. YOU DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT FOR YOU. IF IT’S NOT FOR YOU THEN SO BE IT. IT’S YOUR LIFE SO ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN BUT JUST SAFE. Good luck and have some fun!!!!

July 23, 2012 at 3:22 am
(62) Diane C says:

What if the younger man by 11 years has an 8 year old child that he has full custody of? seems genuine and sincere alot in common. Met on a web site and wants to meet. Have alot in common and I’m fallin hard. BUT an 8 y/o when i have Grandkids 31/2 and 10 y/o?? help. fallin hard.

August 7, 2012 at 2:39 pm
(63) 21questions says:

its a complicated answer, I am 31 and the man I just fell for is 21, It doesn’t even feel like there’s an age difference until we start talking about music lol I don’t know what to do, he has me upside down and all confused he treats me so well, always worrying about me, I love him but sometimes when i get thinking about the age difference I really feel like a perv! I was not searching for love with a younger man it just bit me in the rear, but I get to thinking about it and when he is 31 im 41 and i have no idea how im gonna look at 41 i could be pruney lol ah well, love is suprising its just really a confusing time for me, this whole love stuff came at a time where my life is not conducive to this and try talking about it with friends and family and they think im freaking nuts!! which i have to admit I have been wondering if I am latley, we havent spent the night together but from what he says he wants to do it could get really freaky lol I just never thought I would ever in my wildest dreams even consider turning couger lol !! crazy but after finding this discussion at least im not feeling alone it more , seems like its happening way more these days than I thought!

August 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm
(64) jon says:

why are you thinking about your age?he likes you for you …he wants to spend time with you cause ur an amazing woman…why make it anything more

a man finds a woman he enjoys spending time with her does she enjoy spending time with him she must….she calls him and text him and so much more…. keep that attraction goin…..

August 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm
(65) over 40 says:

I have experience in this and can say if you are under 30 and have never lived on your own and developed your own values and beliefs and responsiblities – I would say dont do it. If you are over thirty, have lived on your own to gain maturity, vlaues and responsibilities I say things would be fine and you both can grow mature.. This is why- at 18 you havn’t learned who you are and formed responsibiliities unless you were a runaway or had to be the head of household as a teenager. If an older person dates a younger person, they are basically forming the younger ones identity, values and beliefs. Like training them, most insecure men prefer very pretty young girls to train and mold (Look at Tom cruise and Katie). There is no maturity to help the younger to know what is right and wrong. Over 30, you have experienced the good and bad in this world and unless you are a moocher and have search for someone to take of you, you have gained maturity and an identity.

August 10, 2012 at 9:46 am
(66) nwaobasi kingsley .o. says:

we are in modern world,whereby a man will want to marry a woman that will make him to still have interest in her even when old,a man can marry a woman 2yrs or 3yrs it doesn’t matter but a woman been 10yrs older than a man,the spacing is too much,because the woman will get older so quick than the man.considering the family,so families may not accept that,it will now impose the level to which the man love the woman,weather to go ahead or not.

August 14, 2012 at 3:53 pm
(67) Purple-Diamond says:

@ Marie: You win…Yea you beat all! LOL. You go girl um granny.

I loved all the comments and the issues in discussion about an older woman dating/loving a younger man and vise versa. Oh boy does such a relationship has some issues especially with family/friends.

Currently, there is a 36 year old who is so gung ho on me (46) even though I told him I have an issue with our age differences. He doesn’t seem to have a problem with it but I do because I totally believe it’s just a sex thing with him the way he looks at me even though he tell me I’m just fine. And, he thinks I’m fine.

I would love to give him a go but there are a ton of issues standing in my way. For one, yep the age. Two, he doesn’t have children (wants them) and I have two adult children. I don’t want any more children. Three, we work in the same job system.

This man is all over me about seeing me, having dinner, and a movie with me preferably at my home which is a red flag to me. I can’t believe and it’s hard for me to believe this hard every day working 36 year old man is single, not seeing other women so he says, and don’t have someone special in his life! What am I to do? Yes, I like him but…

August 17, 2012 at 11:21 pm
(68) Sabrina says:

I turned 35 on 6/30 and am in a serious relationship with a man who turned 26 on 7/15. I have to be honest and say that in the beginning, it did bother me a littleÖbut ONLY me. He thinks nothing of it Ė and he never did. As time goes on (and we grow stronger daily as a couple) I think about it less and less. In my opinion, the INTENT at the beginning of the relationship is the key to the outcome. Itís obvious that chemistry and goals/mindsets/personalities are what truly define a successful relationship. But if the relationship is facilitated with different intentions, itís asking for heartbreak. He was not looking for an older woman; I certainly was not seeking out a man 9 years younger. Neither of us was even looking for a partner period! We simply stumbled into each others lives and have been literally inseperable from day one. He is the sweetest, funniest and most honest person I have ever met, and he treats me like a Queen. I would have been a fool to not give him a chance simply because heís 9 years younger.

September 7, 2012 at 6:26 am
(69) GRACE says:

i am 31 he is 23, we have been together for the last 4 years. its just great, lovely, he is the best thing that has ever happened to me…the thought of him leaving me could be a nightmare to me. We love each other soo much. Although this age difference has been on his mind for some time now. But its just love………..as he cant do without my sweet love and he cant imagine me with some other guy….So this age thing should not be an hindrance for those who love.

September 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm
(70) Tammy says:

I Hello ladies. I am 52 years old. My Boyfriend of 11 years is 18 years younger than me. We have 2 children together. A 10 and 7 year old, both boys I was really wanted for a girl .That’s pretty much the only reason I agreed to get pregnant again. Our relationship is still great. He is in his mid 30′s now so the sex is slowing down, but this little black boy can still treat me right.We have had all the ups and downs but we love each other and made it work

September 17, 2012 at 12:07 am
(71) Mary says:

I just started seeing a 20 year old guy after ending a 10 year lonely marriage. I spent 9 months alone before dating to make sure I had my emotions in check. I have 2 kids and he has none. I had a tubal ligation so I can’t get pregnant. He wants kids. When we started dating I thought it would just be nice to hang out because we have crazy chemistry and all the dates I had been on were dull but never thought I would fall in love with him. I am very independent and enjoy my life so I didn’t think there was a risk of love. I am now head over heals and he is too. He has let me know how he feels but I can’t tell him I feel the same way. I am a very unselfish person so I feel I have to break it off for him. He is perfect for me and meets all my needs, but he needs to experience life and I can’t meet all his. It is going to hurt so much to let him go but in 10 years I know he will regret our relationship and I don’t want him to have regrets and I don’t want to be a regret.

October 4, 2012 at 11:09 am
(72) Kisha says:

I am 48 married to a man 13 years younger. It was supposed to be a fling but turned into marriage due to unforeseen circumstances. However, he does not work or even tries to find a job. Now he is not talking to me because I have stopped paying his bills. I want to leave him but have recently lost my job so trying to stabilize myself financially then call it quits. One friend says I have to pay his bills because I am his sugar mama. I believe he should pull his own weight. He has a mother so I am not going to be one too. Currently, I am very frustrated as he is not supportive at all.
After 6 years of marriage, my opinion is to marry closer someone to your age otherwise it becomes a mother-son relationship with many sad nights and resentful days.

October 18, 2012 at 8:44 am
(73) Sarah says:

I’ve been married for 11 years and my husband is 17 yrs older than me. He’s 52 and I’m 35. We have two children together and overall we have a good marriage. Within the last 3 yrs I’ve noticed that I’ve been getting hit on by men younger than myself and I love the attention. I feel like I’m trapped in a box and I’m yearning to break free. I recently met someone who is 5 years younger than myself and I really want to pursue something with him, but I’m not yet ready to give up my current stability. My husband is amazing in every aspect including sex, but something about this younger guy is so intriguing! He doesn’t have kids and is financially secure. I know I should make the more realistic and educated decision, but I’m ready to explore! What’s a girl to do??? This is crazy!

October 29, 2012 at 3:46 pm
(74) Cheryl says:

I am 48, getting divorced and doing online dating. Recently a 24 year old is pursuing me online. It is so tempting. I know it won’t amount to anything, but one of my girlfriends is advising me to go for it and meet him for a drink just to have fun. I don’t know what to do.

November 1, 2012 at 6:51 pm
(75) jikjack says:

I fell in love with a woman who were 10 years older than me, of course she was married when i fell in love with her but we were “just two online friends”! i used to call her “sister”! I really really really really loved her! i was 16-17 when this happened, i kept it in my heart and never told her that i was in love with her but i was doubtfully good to her and she was incredibly smart and i knew that she knew what was wrong with me! but i always wanted to act like a mature man so it continued till my 20 this way. oneday i heard from her that she got divorced! then it was my happy day and i thought that i could tell her about my feelings directly! after some month i got mad and called her and told her about my feelings but i felt like she was feeling sick while i was telling her the story but the god damn phone battery went dead and CUT! i was going mad but as far as i had practiced to act like i’m older i had learnt how to control my anger. the other day she sent me a message that i should forget about everything in order to keep this friendship! so…! i did what i was told to do! i’m about 22 now and yet i can not forget her! i dont blame her because it was not her who fell in love, it was me and my problem! but it was a realllll love… pure love! its not gonna happen again! i was ready to marry her. i was ready to give everything of my life for her! i never f/_/cked anyone because of her, i am still virgin only and only because of her! the influence on me got sooo deep. now i seem like an old man… i speak like an old man.

wish my older lady could trust his young man!

November 25, 2012 at 5:03 pm
(76) lovelife says:

I am proud to say and don’t give a rats a#*#@bout what anyone says. Very proud I am 45 and my love toy is about 20. Hell best sex ever!!!!!!!!

April 22, 2013 at 8:11 am
(77) Tammy Wires says:

I’m 44 and fresh out of a relationship with a guy that is 16 younger than me. We meet and all I wanted was a little sex. Well I got pregnant three months into it and we gave it a go for the baby. We did not get married (thank god). Our daughter is 7 now and he……….well very disappointing. We had ups and downs. We tried for a second baby. Witch is what i think just maybe the root of all of this. I just did not get pregnant. After 40 its hard. You know I’m 40 and he’s 24 and wants another baby. What are you going to do. I think that relationships with that big of age gap just won’t work out in the long run. Even now He is 28 and I am 44. He wants 28 year old stuff and I don’t. Our sex life is an argument. Again I’m 44. He want sex every night and in the morning. I don’t anymore. He doesn’t want to use birth control. I am 44 and I cant take pregnancy again if it did happen. The age was like I was his mother at times. I love him to death but its just not working out. So he moved out 3 weeks ago and is already dating a girl.

July 5, 2013 at 6:24 pm
(78) dd says:

Oh PPPLLLEASE!
The reason the young man eventually leaves the old woman is because the man wanted to have some play-time sex and to teach the young hard-bodies the techniques learnt from the menopause-sagging-skin women.. Chemistry?..pfff…If u want to know the truth, look at Hollywood. Even Ashton Kutcher left Demi Moore by the time she reached 50. And she has millions to spend on plastic surgery and expensive cream…and she is, or rather was hot. Keep letting your hamster running even though u hit the wall already. LOL

August 5, 2013 at 5:02 am
(79) Desperately in love says:

1 am 47 and my lover has just turned 40. We have been friends for over 20 years, but have only started acting on our feelings now. He is just awesome, but like other ladies, I do feel conscious of the age gap. My children tell me I look 35, I have a good figure, and no wrinkles, but am still a bit insecure. He is mature, with a wonderful sense of humour. It is great to see what the other ladies have to say. Age is just a number.

August 20, 2013 at 5:30 pm
(80) Silvia says:

Iím 46 years old single woman and Iíve been seeing a man twenty years younger than I for two years. Heís a lifeguard at the gym that I go to. He taught me how to swim and flirted with me. I was so flattered every time when I saw him I got all his attention while there were many young women around us watching me jealously. Honestly I didnít know why I deserved it and although he kept telling me that I was sexy and pretty. Anyway we started to see each other and soon I found out that I was only one of the many women he was seeing at the same time. I didnít mind it as long as he saw me once in awhile. He would ask for money from time to time and I didnít mind it either. I bought him a used car and I paid his bills. But lately heís turned his attention to another woman, a woman who goes to the gym and sheís very rich. He says sheíll help him with a better future. Iím heartbroken but Iíll let him go because I know that I canít keep him forever. And at least heís given me a good time. To women whoíre seeing a much younger man, my advice is to enjoy it as much as you can, because it isn’t going to last, and be prepared because itís gonna hurt when it ends.

August 26, 2013 at 2:36 am
(81) Atl diva says:

I’m 37 and started dating a guy who is 23 just over 3 months Ago. It took him 3 weeks just to get me to go on a date with him. I was just not trying to go there. I am a single mom of 3 girls my oldest will be 18 and going to college next year but all that does not phase him. He is very mature for his age. Has a masters degree already and a business mind like my own. Our conversations are are intellectual, playful, and fulfilling. We can talk corn hours. I think I’m the problem because I keep thinking about the age and what if this and that. I haven’t told a soul how old he is and don’t plan on It. We call our relationship ageless and it’s nobody’s business. Se havent gotten compliments from people when are out about how good and happy we look together because we Are ways cuddling, kissing and holding hands in public. i look very young for my age and he looks mature so unless you look at our ID’s you can not tell out age difference. We recently became exclusive. He asked me to be his lady like 3 times before i said yes and on that same night we…well you know. It was amazing. For those of you thinking we have to teach these young men ummm yea not all of them. He absolutely BLEW MY MIND. Lol. So as far as whether its going to last only God knows. According to him I am his one and only and I feel the same about him now. We haven’t professed love yet but it’s going in that direction. But the fact that he has committed to being with just me makes me feel respected and valued. Something I did not get from my ex husband of 8 years. I pray that this new relationship lasts. Having a child and getting remarried possibly in my 40s does not scare me I am in the best shape of my life and exercise regularly.
I just pray that he is the one. Lord knows I did not mean for this to happen. You can’t help who you fall for.

August 28, 2013 at 12:29 am
(82) Nicky says:

I was married to a man 20yrs older than myself for 17yrs then out of the blue met and fell in love with a guy 17yrs younger than myself! I have never felt so alive he touches my soul and heart like never before! I divorced my husband and moved away with my new man and he wants to marry me! I have no money so defo not a suger mummy! Just two souls perfect for each other and our souls and hearts dont pay any attention to age!

October 15, 2013 at 10:42 am
(83) skela says:

When you met and started dating a younger man how far did you go on the first date. did you start out just looking for fun/sex or were you hoping for something else?

October 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm
(84) BC says:

I’m sleeping with an older woman. I’m 24 and she’s much older. I can tell that she is falling for me but I am only interested in a casual relationship. How do I break it to her that I’m just not interested in a serious relationship with a woman so much older than me? She keeps spending lots of money on hotels and dinners, and talking about all these trips we could go on. I need to end this before it gets messy.

December 6, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(85) Gwen says:

I am 53 and have been in a relationship with a man who is 41. We started out as friends and chemistry took over. It bothered me at first, but after being with him for 4 years, not so much. He would like to get married, but I just don’t see the point. I was married for 27 years and have no desire to enter into another marriage, besides, I have no idea as I get older how he will feel. It is the only insecurity I have in this relationship because I know he loves me deeply. We are compatible on every level, and the greatest thing is that we are truly best friends.

February 4, 2014 at 12:34 pm
(86) Rose says:

I am 48..been in a relationship with a 35 yr old for a few yrs. I have grown kids. One whom is married and has a baby. My boyfriend has two young kids 7, 12. I don’t even have all the words to express HOW DIFFERENT we parent. To each his own. That being said I would be content being together in our seperate homes as we are now until his kids are much older…he would not. I have NO desire to live with him and his young ones who are with him very, very often because he is a very good father. I have nothing against him for that…not jealous or concerned with his time spent with them. I just don’t want to LIVE in a household that has KIDS then TEENAGERS again. Ugggh the teenage years are hard enough..add some kids VERY used to getting what they want and a dad who makes every weekend together a WEEKEND LONG PARTY and every school vacation (including summers) a VACATION PARTY.. again…makes him a wonderful dad but the now young kids…who are used to constant entertainment …that spells teenager DISASTER to me. I was COMPLETELY honest with my feelings on NOT doing young kids..then teenagers again from day one. Now it is causing such anxiety for us both now..him thinking he was going to change me…me thinking he would accept me not wanting to LIVE with young kids..or teenagers….I catch myself wishing he would find a nice girl. If I had the chance to do it over. I WOULD RUN LIKE THE WIND FROM ANYONE WITH YOUNG KIDS!!