1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Keeping the Love Alive in Long Distance Relationships

By February 22, 2013

Long distance relationships seem to be a theme among my closest and dearest: my sister's husband is a military man, a good friend has a movie producer for a partner, and my Dad was a truck driver.

In each of these relationships, both partners have struggled (at times) to keep the love alive. It's difficult to stay connected sometimes to someone who lives mere minutes away, much less a partner who is stationed overseas or works remotely. Yet people in long distance relationships do it every single day. Some even manage to have "dates" together, which I find admirable.

Have you been in a long distance relationship? How have you managed to keep the love alive?

Related Content: Date Ideas for Long Distance Relationships

Comments
July 9, 2008 at 6:58 pm
(1) Michelle says:

Take the long distance relationship survey to compare your LDR with others: http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/347366

July 2, 2009 at 10:46 pm
(2) lisa says:

I have been in two long distance relationships. One ended, and the other ended when we moved in together :)

March 4, 2011 at 3:30 am
(3) Madz says:

Another nice thought by you, am enjoying your writings. Thank You.

Madz

February 24, 2012 at 5:00 am
(4) paulus rose says:

i keep love alive in my long distance relationship when i toke to my men evry day……….

February 24, 2012 at 6:39 pm
(5) carrottop says:

with e-mails, texts, long phone conversations, and asking questions of what each other is doing at that time. Tried to read a book together and then discuss it, or watch the same movie at the same time…that didn’t work. It’s really difficult….lots of past jealousy and fear that one is going out with another….had to agree to trust each other!

March 11, 2013 at 9:41 am
(6) Isidore Wasungu says:

I learned a lot from your post on long distance relationship and some of related articles suggested. Your site is an incredible source of precious information on dating.

Have a nice day!