1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Is There Any Point in Dating If You Don't Have a Job?

By March 24, 2013

barkingdog69 in the dating forum wants to know, "I am currently not working, but am in between jobs, and looking. I've been wanting to do the online dating thing for some time now. I believe that to be the best vehicle for finding someone, but I don't think any woman would be interested in a guy without a job. So I have been holding out till I can secure a job. This is tough though because I am lonely and tired of not being in a relationship. Should I post the ad anyway taking the slim chance that there is a lady that would respond, or should I continue to hold out until I am employed (whenever that may be)?"

So readers, what do you think? I've added my two cents already. (see: Should I Date When I Don't Have a Job?) Would you try to meet someone if you didn't have a job, or would you date someone who was jobless? For those who have been in this position (single and without employment) what did you do?

Do you have a difficult or frustrating dating question? Then fill out the dating advice submission form to have your question answered here.

Comments
March 12, 2008 at 4:03 am
(1) CBC says:

Unfortunately being unemployed might keep those would be dates at bay. I would just not mention it until you have at least secured a date. At least once your on a date you can been seen as a whole package, not just your job title.

March 12, 2008 at 6:09 am
(2) N L says:

As a person who has dated an unemployed lady, I understand foremost the importance of said title. If you spend too much of your hard earned money too quickly, this will only hinder her leading to procrastination. On the other hand, a man (without a job) dating a woman can be difficult due to the gentleman leisures of picking up the tab. Just my advice, you’re wasting the little money you do have. Buy some gasoline instead, and fill out as many applications as possible.

March 12, 2008 at 7:09 am
(3) FUS says:

I am in the same position.
I handle it by focusin on free entertainment like concerts at parks or open-mike nights. That is while I’m looking and the 1st 3 months of a job.

March 12, 2008 at 10:20 am
(4) hw says:

I have been unemployed and employed during my dating life. Yes, while I am female it does not hinder things too much. The funny thing is how people that do not know you, judge you for being unemployed. It is not as if the job I am looking for is open and ready for me the minute I find I need it. Searching for the right job takes time. With that said, I think you should date to keep your sanity. Keep your first dates to just coffee or something quick and easy. I also would not tell a date right at the start you are looking for a job. When they do find out, expect some to judge you. On the positive, it helps to weed out those that judge you because you are looking for a job. Good luck in your search for both!!

March 13, 2008 at 4:15 pm
(5) Laz says:

Frankly, what I’ve learned is that it doesn’t just take havening a job or a lot of money or amazing looks to attract and keep a woman. Barkingdog69, trust me you don’t just need a JOB. lol

March 29, 2008 at 6:36 am
(6) nice guy says:

Well, I’m a guy in the same position, not working for a while for other reasons. Honestly, I just don’t date because it seems too much is expected of us nowadays. Not only that, even a cup of the coffee is what 3 or 4 bucks. Don’t get me wrong, when I work I don’t mind paying for everything and everyone, but now I just have to cut back some even though I have a little bit of savings from working so hard, but this stuff is still expected so I just feel uncomfortable and just don’t bother. But I second the person who said you should do it to keep your sanity…good advice on that part. I need to do that. Another example is an old girlfriend of mine is now engaged to a “DOCTOR” which her mom made sure to tell me last time I visited, then she told me some weeks later. Just another example of what many people are focused on. Never expected this from her since I guess I respected her too much regardless. If that’s the kind of life someone wants, more power to everyone that does. I’m content with my life. I have no riches or fame, but I feel just fine. I know there’s a good woman out there, when I’m good and ready. So good luck to you too. :)

March 31, 2008 at 8:37 pm
(7) s says:

Women don’t care if you have a job or not, if you’re fun to be with.

July 25, 2008 at 4:52 pm
(8) Mo says:

I believe that when your in between jobs and your seriously looking for a job that it’s perfectly ok to go find dates. I think online dating is a great tool to find dates since bars are pretty useless in finding dates. I agree with the comments that say don’t say in your profile that you are in between jobs. Saying that in your profile I think could give mixed messages to women but instead wait until you start to talk to a lady and casually bring it up. I think most women will be very understanding and some you might meet might also be laid off thus you have an instant connection. There are a lot of people in this stupid economy that are in between jobs and so you are definitely not alone. If you have graduated college and beyond definitely put that on your profile. But again don’t bring up the in between jobs in your profile and don’t bring it up to soon in conversations.

Women also will say they don’t care if a man has a job or not but that is really not the truth. Women will say oh I don’t care if you have a job or not and then comes the time to ask them out and if you don’t have your ducks in a line like (i’m interviewing like crazy and busting my ass to get a job) then women will gladly go out with you. But if your just sitting around not really looking and don’t really care that you get a job they probably will decide not to go out with you. Also be careful when a women says she doesn’t care if you have a job or not because they do expect you the man to pay for dinner etc and if you can’t afford a coffee or dinner for a nice date your TOAST LOL :) !!! Women want a man with a decent steady job and usually an educated guy.

February 6, 2009 at 7:09 pm
(9) J says:

This all has to do with your happiness. Do not let this sorry excuse for a society dictate when or how one should date…ever. Has anyone above mentioned….happiness? This has been talk similar to the style that one would buy a house! It’s insanity. If one has to ask the question “Is there any point in dating if you don’t have a job”, then you are clearly missing the point of dating. If you conform to others’ standards and stipulations and traditions, you fail at being you. Nobody knows what a woman wants–it’s like a maze with no exit. I recommend focusing on your happiness and hope you can bring that happiness to others.

February 10, 2011 at 11:18 pm
(10) jme says:

as a teenage girl who has a boyfriend i think that boys are really looking for sex but secretly i think they are looking for a wonderful girlfriend that they want to/or have a lot of feelings for. Of course just like girls the looks have to be there but i think the sex stuff comes later i mean really later on in the relationship

February 20, 2011 at 12:23 am
(11) brian says:

The economy is horrible so it doesnt matter if u have a job or not.

March 16, 2012 at 3:39 am
(12) bella says:

it does’t matter,we should enjoy life!!!

March 16, 2012 at 1:22 pm
(13) Jennifer says:

im in between jobs too but i will try to meet someone:) i think u can try:D

March 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm
(14) The Singles Hub says:

This is a very good question. Thank you barkingdog69.

We think dating while unemployed is could even be an ideal situation, if handled correctly. Dating can be tiring and expensive. But, it doesn’t have to be. It gets you out of the house, meeting fellow brave and interesting human beings, and helps you figure out what you want from love, life and sometimes, even work. Someone you meet may not be the love of your life but may inspire you to consider a new line of work.

March 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm
(15) RKL says:

Jeez guys, life isnt all about job titles and material goods. I dont believe in the whole wining and dining crap, but than again I know how to cook myself. If it takes more than a cup of coffee and a good conversation to win her heart, then maybe she isnt the right lady for you.

April 17, 2012 at 8:06 pm
(16) FL says:

Having a stable income means really one thing in dating and that is consistently footing the bill during dating if you want to…..if you think it means more action or some other magical prize I would be open to hearing it. A title really doesn’t tell you much more than their availability.Keep it simple..its only dating.

September 6, 2012 at 9:02 am
(17) Lucy says:

Of course you should still look for a date! If you are happy and confident and have something else to take your ming off the job hunt, you will most likely find a job sooner. There is no point punishing yourself and denying yourself normal relationships because you aren’t working at them moment. Why do this to your self and make yourself more miserable?

January 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm
(18) Nick says:

Ive been unemployed for almost a year, and have tried finding a woman that is more interested in who I am than my title and or back acct status. I have found none whatsoever. I was just informed by a young lady, today that if I had a job we would be able to “date”, byt that since I didnt, we should just be friends. Im funny, fun to be with and good looking. I have a nice body and dress well and treat women well. Im afraid without the money, there is no woman. It is very different for a woman however.

January 20, 2013 at 10:55 pm
(19) Ann says:

Been dating an unemployed mam for 3 years now and there’s a lot of give and take and highs and lows and we try to be supportive of each other in a lot of ways. I have never met anyone in his situation and I also seen how many job applications and interviews he has pursued and continues to pursue. I have a good job and I have thought about many things and wonder if I have made a poor choice but it is about the person, their heart and what you work through together. It is something my family frowned upon so the underlying stress there has been difficult and it is socially unacceptable to date someone long term who does not have work. There are still challenges ahead and I’m not sure if he is the one but we are going strong and are mature in our experiences and yes, it would be nice t o have someone else contributing to the household but he contributes in many other ways.

March 28, 2013 at 1:59 pm
(20) D says:

Im a person who focus on work n hardly ever when out so I didn’t get a chance to meet n really get to know someone. After I loss my job of 5 yrs, I didn’t know what to do. I went out on a few dates but I feel like I should put my time n energy in searching for a job. One night I went on a date. I didn’t know what to say when that horrible question came up, “What do u do for living?” Long story short. I didn’t told him a was unemployed until two months later. He surprised me. He has been supportive of me, he even offered to help me moved out of my apt n into a fam member house. Because I was unemployed I was able to meet a great, supportive guy. Do little inexpensive activities, u just may meet the girl for u. Good luck.

March 28, 2013 at 7:45 pm
(21) In2 Relationships says:

As always the focus is on the “outside”. A woman would trade 100 dates for one great relationship. Are you loving? Are you supportive? A relationship does not behold itself on the external. It’s what is in your heart and how it resonates with her’s that matters. A relationship of worth has no reliance on the job ads page. It is simply two hearts searching for a union. I say get out there and post your hearts desire in your profile when you do. Your dream girl will want to know what you ache for. Not what you do for a living.

March 29, 2013 at 12:24 am
(22) Pulseguy says:

It doesn’t matter if you have a job, or not. Get real. It does matter how much money you have. But, you can be independently wealthy and not have to work, and that’s good too.

March 29, 2013 at 4:43 pm
(23) An Indian Nut says:

What’s with guys who don’t have jobs in their late 30′s?? Did they not ever think that maybe they will meet someone and move to the next stage of their life with more responsibilities (i.e. marriage, house, family, car)? I mean who really wants to work?? We all have desires and needs…..just one female’s perspective….

A little background…I’m in my 30′s & recently met a guy (late 30′s) online, surprisingly, we have this amazing chemistry, connection, and he is lots of fun to be around! But….after 3 months of hearing him putting out resumes, cover letters, and no interview…I have two thoughts: 1) he is a grown up, he has lived his life the way he enjoys it to be, who am I (really nothing, so what’s the point for me in continuing dating that person) & 2) I think for ppl who are younger, being jobless is not a big deal, after all, most ppl are still in school…& there is more patience :)

I guess you just have to look at what is important to you, and what you value, and what stage you are at in your life :)

April 4, 2013 at 11:53 am
(24) Pam B. says:

I have been either unemployed or struggling to find freelance clients for three years (luckily, however, I have a cushion upon which to fall back, at least for now). I have never had difficulty finding men to date who are attracted to me as a person, perhaps because I exude a sense of confidence that I am WORTH IT. I am currently dating a “keeper” whom I met online, and while he is working, he certainly doesn’t make much. Does that alter my attraction to him? NO. It just means we cook in a lot, play board games, etc. And you know what? It’s a lot more intimate!

Unemployment and under-employment is a fact of life these days. Let’s not contribute to the ridiculous stigma out there ourselves…

April 7, 2013 at 1:02 pm
(25) Patrick702 says:

Hmm,..this seems to be a double edge sword AND double standard! 2 case scenario. .men most likely with not be bothered by this situation for as it is STILL accepted that the guy has to pay for everything..even with all the womens lib bs,..if a guy doesn’t pay the “cheap” label is thrown on him like leprosy. And women DO talk.
Whereas if a woman want to date a man on a dating site, within the first 3 min.of a conversation or on it’s first email. ..the question of employment will come up (some are even bold and tactless in asking. your yearly income. ..loser).Why is it SOOO
important for women to know how much you make? ??? Don’t women have jobs?? Don’t women go to college and get degrees to better their financial opportunities?? Last time I checked, according to the recent data..more women are enrolled in colleges and universities than men..so what gives??

April 11, 2013 at 4:45 am
(26) M13 says:

I’m male, 47, and in a worse situation as I’m on a pension. I found that I can be as busy as hell volunteering, yet cannot find hardly anyone who wants to date. I sort of went on a ‘date’ 6 years ago, I guess you could call it, and telling her that I was actually ‘unemployed’, boy she was extremely unhappy. But I was so busy at the time she assumed I had a job.

I’ll be starting a different volunteer situation soon. And the lack of female company, the rejection, has driven me to despair. I can’t even remember the last time I held hands with a human being.

But I find that if I only try to date women who are also on a pension, I’m having a better response. This is a new idea of mine. No dates yet but they are more accepting. It’s just that some of those women are purposely ruining their lives with alcohol or drugs. But for the sake of sanity I have to accept what I can.

May 6, 2013 at 7:03 am
(27) a-hole says:

Most women will tell you that money isn’t important, but that’s a big fat lie! If you are unemployed they start thinking about the jobless bum they dated 10 years ago and surely you must be exactly like him. They will look down on you even if you’re part time employed, or work a minimum wage job. This isn’t just a small sample, I’ve dated dozens and they all have the same narrow minded mentality. They will never tell you your lack of employment is the reason they don’t want to see you, they will make up some other lame excuse, so it appears that they aren’t just interested in your money.

If I am on a dating site and a woman asks me how much money I make early in the conversation, I check her off the ‘A’ list and use her as practice for pulling in the ones that might be worthwhile. I entertain myself with the text game for awhile, tell her that I make a 6 figure income but when it comes time to go out on a date, make up excuses not to see her. Since she was inevitably going to find a lame excuse to lie her way out of seeing you, you just cut out that step.

Everyone needs dating practice with a few losers, so when you then you finally get a keeper, you have enough experience to know what to do. Think about this scenario: You abstained from dating for several years because you simply couldn’t find a job. After not having dated for several years, you meet a woman and hit it off really well, but you somehow manage to screw it up because you are so nervous.

May 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm
(28) wittykitty says:

I think people are leaving out many factors with this situation. This is from someone who’s “been there done that” I am a professional woman I make good money I live a good life. I dated someone for six months. When I met him he had just lost his job. I was one of those “awww it’s a bad economy; we have a connection; give him a chance.”

For whatever reason, he was not eligible for unemployment. Here is the thing there is a lot more to this than “oh it’s a bad economy” “material does not matter” or “she’s not the right lady if she does not understand”. Does anyone on this forum live in real world, USA?? Sure, if we were living in the rainforests, building our shelter and hunting and gathering, money really would not be an issue. However, when you have a business to run, a mortgage to pay, electric bills, cellphone bills, grocery bills, automobills!!! (pun here) toiletries, GAS for transportation and a man cannot afford to contribute at all it puts a great stress on the relationship. When you are in a serious relationship and a man can’t by HIS OWN ISH. It can really hamper your goals. It changes the focus, money that you may set aside for accomplishing goals such house purchasing a house, helping a family member, making home improvements, working on a project, going back to school, or taking a well deserved vacation… now has to be allotted to taking care of him!! If this person can contribute in other ways it may be a help but many men simply don’t like being in the “women’s role” .

May 9, 2013 at 6:47 pm
(29) wittykitty says:

(cont.) So I think that when some women ask about employment it’s not that they are looking for someone to take care of them they just don’t want to fall into the trap of taking of someone else and not knowing if/when the situation will improve. It is important to factor in WHY is he unemployed? What is his employment history? Does he have a go-getter mentality? Is he in school? Has he really exhausted all of his possibilities? Is a retail job beneath him while he has no problem seeing you work to the bone? There is so much to consider but I can tell you one thing, this sister will not be considering diddly squat again. I have done my good deed in that department. Thank God it was only for six months.

May 10, 2013 at 9:51 am
(30) Alex says:

I’d also point out – at least in my experience – men usually have to proactive on online dating rather than sitting around waiting. Though really that’s probably good advice for anyone.

Even with a job I wouldn’t expect women to just respond to a profile.

I’d also say the level of financial security can also be an effect – when I met my last gf whilst I was in work she was between jobs but had sufficient savings etc. to do things I now can’t when I’m between jobs.

If people’s income and accommodation is insecure, I suppose some people may see that as a redflag which is understandable. I don’t think speed-dating is a good idea without a job – almost everyone’s first question was about your job.

June 9, 2013 at 12:00 pm
(31) mrsParker'sGigilo says:

I have been in this situation many times before. The key is to be confident. When it comes up say things like, “I left a job recently, taking a few months off.” Smile when you say it like you are a person to be envied. Ask her out on a day when you know you will have a couple of bucks. Take her on a picnic, go to the beach. Avoid dinner dates$$$$.

July 12, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(32) phild58 says:

2008 to 2013! Wow! I’ve been in and out of work for the last 4 years, now broke and living in a room in a house yet I have rebuilt houses and can do just about anything. I had a breakdown in 2001 through pressure in a job and a relationship…I took time off and worked on a house. I eventually lost the house, and all the money I made on it because I had no work. I’ve had 4 relationships, all have failed due to a lack of income. I have a small income, and I’m always looking for work, work of any type, work I can do…but no one will employ me. Being self employed is a challenge since you need to find work and people naturally distrust me…my confidence is shot, ladies like me but I lack confidence and I’m at a low point. I’d love to be in a relationship, especially with someone who is in my position…I’m not broke. Together we could do lots, on our own we can do very little. After 4 relationships I don’t have the confidence to try again. What’s worse, I’m a clever guy but have lost my confidence, so any woman who gets involved with me has a her work cut out! Oh, I’m told I’m attractive, witty and intelligent! work that one out!
So, do I date? What’s the point, I have no money..yes, a car and an income but no where near enough….jobs, no one wants me…so why would a woman? She wants security, security that comes with money and wealth.

September 16, 2013 at 5:43 pm
(33) peppi says:

i think dating an unemployed guy would be difficult, but it is in my opinion.

i dated a guy who said he recently returned from a job overseas, but was back at his old government job doing contract work, which i suspected was just a lame story and it turned out that i was correct that he was unemployed and didn’t want to discuss work so that he wouldn’t have to lie even more. he lied and said things such as he ate at his desk too, but in fact he was just at home.

this just made the date more awkward because he didn’t offer to pay for my tea on the first date and he tried to secure a third date after he didn’t offer drinks during the second date (it was 9pm and i was starving!) and he conveniently didn’t come up to the coat check counter with me because he didn’t want to pay $2 for his coat or mine.

if i liked him enough, i wouldn’t have had a big issue if he was upfront with his unemployment instead of making me feel so AWKWARD.

October 1, 2013 at 1:03 am
(34) Almasy says:

Complete nonsense. Or at least it should be.

1) so one cannot have a love/sex life if she/he doesn’t make enough money? Enough money for what? for who? Hearts and minds (and genitals) still function regardless of employment status.

2) unemployment is usually a temporary situation! Being passed up for not having a job at the moment is unreasonable if not down foolish. By that rationale losing a job entails breaking up or divorcing.
And who’s to say you will not find a job next week or next month? If your employment status is an issue, clearly they are not into you for you.

3) what is this 1955?? Men have been marrying jobless women for decades… now women have careers of equal (or almost) import. Why on earth can’t a women date or even support a man? Is feminism dead or am I missing something here?

The practical issues of money are personal and side aspects of one’s life. These issues can be worked on individually or as a couple. They should not have any bearing on human connections, biological needs and emotional well being.

October 4, 2013 at 3:37 pm
(35) Joe Pol says:

Don’t women watch the news? To expect all men (including highly educated) having solid employment is utterly ridiculous. Even more ridiculous to hold anything against someone who doesn’t.

Its kind of funny in reality: Supposedly all the social barriers between the sexes are broken…yet, men are still expected to pull more weight financially than women.

Its just silly.

If all humans are now equal, then should not financial responsibility be as well?

The whole notion is silly. Don’t people form families in Third World Countries with multiple children?

Money should have nothing to do with relationships. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, however, is important regardless of relationships.

October 16, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(36) rafael smith says:

no point. you’re wasting the little money you do have buying drinks for girls who see you as worthless. wait until you find a job. until then, porn is free.

November 5, 2013 at 7:32 pm
(37) steve says:

When you ask girls why they don’t want to date unemployed guy, the normal generic answer will be they want financial security, to pay the bill, to have good future, etc. But in reality, at least from my experience, those are not the case.

After a short conversation they ask what do I do for living and while there is no hurt to answer a beautiful girl what do you do, I decide to keep it for later on. And she suddenly cut off the relationship. And I thought am I a ATM machine or what? Is that the only thing you are interested in?

In fact, some even don’t care what have you been going through, what sort of difficulties have you been experiencing, they just want you to answer the question and that answer has to satisfy her.
I don’t think that is a good start of a healthy relationship.

If you tell them you have a good career or financially good then you can see her as if ‘we are compatible’, kind and everything is considerable. Sadly many people build their relationship on this foundation and hope the relationship will be a happy one and last forever.

It’s not hard to get a girl, just be a wealth guy and act as if you don’t have weakness. But to those who are looking for a quality relationship I think it’s possible but they are not many. Probably that is why a true happy family is very few.

December 18, 2013 at 8:55 pm
(38) Eve says:

Go ahead let them know your not working but is eagerly seeking employment. If they choose to still want to conversant with you they will do so? I recalled when I meet someone in past as a widower with 3 small children I had no job. Guest what I was not working and they still choose to see me! And they had no idea just because I was not working
I was a millionaire! Right till this day am with this same person and their a plastic surgeon. By the way am engaged to be married. God do send ram in the bushes :-) go for it…..

January 5, 2014 at 8:32 pm
(39) movethanlove says:

You can be loving, and supportive and loyal. If the chemistry isn’t there, it doesn’t matter what you have, when she falls out of love and no longer finds you interesting, because she’s bored, etc nothing else matters. I think the key is to find someone that’s looking for the same things. Which is harder said than done, because they often don’t know what they are looking for themselves. So they dive into the relationship as well, and then bail when things get tough.

It’s better to have a job, the stability and income opens more doors just like anything else, but its not required right away. Relationships will always be a risk, no matter how ready you are, all you can do is try to minimize the risk.

January 9, 2014 at 9:39 pm
(40) matt schaaff says:

I’m in the same boat and I hate it.

January 9, 2014 at 9:41 pm
(41) matt schaaff says:

i’m in the same boat and I hate it.. let alone I leave with my folks

January 9, 2014 at 11:20 pm
(42) LemurGuy says:

I’ve dipped my toes into it, but I know it’s a bad idea to do it nonetheless. It’s in women’s nature to want the feeling of security (ladies, I’m not saying it’s good or bad, it’s just how it is), and a guy that is unemployed or just under-employed (like myself) doesn’t stand much of a chance.

Plus it really sucks to pile on personal rejection on top of professional rejection.

January 13, 2014 at 1:38 am
(43) Bob says:

Well I’m on voluntary sabatical and am college educated intending to get a job when I’m done travelling with my time opff. Still have enough money to keep me going for a couple of years. Yet I still come across some women who find me being unemployed a turn off.

March 13, 2014 at 1:20 am
(44) Kel says:

Thank you everyone that has left a comment. I lost my job because my company is financially in trouble. No fault of my own. I am feeling so down and out and trying to figure if I am worthy of dating, since I am temporarily unemployed and I am doing everything to get a job and move forward. Thank you, for your comments, it has lifted my spirits. If someone is really interested in me and likes me for me, then it shouldn’t matter that I am temporarily unemployed and I would learn to do fee things and not make the guy pay for everything. I want a job, and am not lazy. So I think finding the one is a good idea and thank you for making me feel better. It is truly appreciated.

March 13, 2014 at 5:24 pm
(45) Jake Stehli says:

Of course. Money is America’s real God. Love is based on Money. If it wasn’t, then it shouldn’t matter whether someone is unemployed or not.

April 14, 2014 at 7:05 pm
(46) ackmondual says:

Recently did speed dating and didn’t get one hit among 10 ladies.

I was upfront about being “between jobs”, but I sort of traveled a bit out of way to get there (over an hour), so there’s also that stigma. Last but not least, I’m no catch, so honestly, I’m not surprised.

However, if you really do want to get a first date, I’d agree that you should NOT mentioned being out of work. Too much of a barrier

April 21, 2014 at 2:13 pm
(47) Susan says:

As a woman I’m not having any luck meeting a guy who wants a serious commitment since I have been in college and only just graduated a few days ago, so am still looking for a job. Men always ask me what I do or even put pressure on me to only apply to higher wage jobs I might not be qualified for or have the experience for yet, because if they do date they want a women in a high wage bracket.

Men complain if women won’t date them when they are unemployed, but I’m not over 40 and want a serious relationship. I get used for casual dating because men want younger women for serious relationships. I think if men want women to lower their standards about a man’s job and income men need to lower theirs about a woman’s earning potential, looks and age.

If you don’t have a job assume you have less to offer and try a nice girl who is a bit older, works at a donut shop, or packs a few extra pounds. However, remember when you do finally land that job that she was there for you when other, hotter women weren’t, so it’s not right to dump her, either. Yes, I’m suggesting men lower their standards if they have less to offer and permanantly stay with a woman willing to accept you at your worst. She also deserves to be with you at your best and obviously isn’t after your money like women you meet when you have a job.

April 22, 2014 at 2:41 am
(48) Jez says:

As a male who is a mega big catch, and currently ‘under-employed’ I’ve decided not to date.

Having said that, and having thought about my life up until now, the only time I have been truly in love, the woman that I shared that love with would have done anything for me, and did – whilst I was unemployed.

That was a long time ago and yes, today things are different but having read all the comments on here, very very few of them actually ever mention the word LOVE.

That ‘thing’ that actually, EVERYONE on here is what is really being chased.

Security, money, yes, if you have that is nice, but it doesn’t matter how much of those things you do have if there is NO LOVE.

Or how about if he/she is employed, everything is rosy, and then bamm, he/she loses her job ?

You’re not married, in love with the job, if you are then you aren’t in it for the right reasons.

It’s a VERY tough one – I say, though, that if you aren’t making money, aren’t able to cover your bills (as I currently find myself), then it’s probably best you concentrate on that and take your mind off dating (what is dating, going to restaurants, eating out and spending money on someone ?). Nah – that’s not me right now.

Fall in LOVE people – forget dating.