1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

How Do I Ask Her Out?

By October 17, 2013

Shawn asks: "I've started college and there's a girl on my dorm floor that I really like. We don't have any classes together, but we talk all the time in the common area. It's at the point where I go to study in there just to see her, and then we end up talking for hours. The last time I saw her, she went on and on about some guy she had a crush on, but then found out he wasn't old enough to drink so she wanted to move on. Am I in the friend zone, or is there some way I can ask her out?"

Bonny's answer: There's an easy way to find out if she's open to dating you, and that's by asking her point blank if she'd like to go on a date. The next time you see her, try something like, "I had a great time talking the other night. How about we do it again on Thursday, but this time over dinner?"

It's simple, easy, and lets her say no if she's not interested, doesn't want to date someone who lives so close to her, or is still really interested in that other guy and just wanted your opinion on the matter. If she says no, you can assume it has nothing to do with you, and it saves you both from feeling embarrassed when you inevitably run into one another again. If she says yes, you know she's interested - at least a little bit. But if you don't ask at all? You'll never know, and you'll slide deeper and deeper into friends-only territory, with no hopes of ever getting past conversation starters alone.

There's a Pick Up Artist (PUA) "rule" that you have to talk to a woman you're interested in within a few seconds of seeing her. The longer you wait, the more difficult the introduction gets and the less chance you have of getting the girl. Now, I'm not asking you to start studying to become a PUA, but I am suggesting you keep this one tactic in mind when talking to this girl again. The longer you wait, the harder the approach, and the less chance you'll have of dating her.

What do you think, dear readers? Would you give Shawn different advice, or do you agree with what I've said?

Related: College Dating, Pick Up Artist Blogs, Dinner and a Movie Date Ideas.

Comments
October 18, 2011 at 8:02 am
(1) tom gurda says:

I think the advice u gave shawn is right on target. Women frequently make up their minds about you in the4 first few seconds and you don’t what miss out so you need to be prepared.

November 15, 2011 at 3:13 am
(2) chuck scottly says:

Being a man really needs a lot of guts,

most especially in some cases like

dating. This kind of blog site help me

attain such kind of push. :) thanks.

October 17, 2012 at 11:01 pm
(3) Ben says:

I would suggest to Shawn to just go for it and fake being someone you think she might be interested in. As the saying goes, fake it so you can make it.

October 17, 2012 at 11:02 pm
(4) Ben says:

I would tell Shawn to be himself and just go for it.

October 18, 2012 at 2:05 am
(5) Brandon De Hoyos says:

Shawn would be wise to not only ask her directly, but also to see that maybe the reason she revealed she was talking to this other guy might have been to get a reaction out of him.

The fact they talk so often is, in my opinion, a good indicator of interest. Good advice, Bonny!

October 26, 2013 at 12:49 am
(6) allison jone says:

Hello Sweety, True love is all i have ever wanted and seek for and i did found that true love in your heart and i am so happy to have found it because
i know that love will surely make me so happy that i will not want to leave your sight not even for one second..
my love for you is like the music that makes your heart sing..you are the woman of my life and i will surely be the man of your life and nothing can stop
or change that right now not even a thing will change all we have build..we have both built our love to the strongest level and i am so happy
that we both took that chance to love each other to the fullest and that we are ready to be husband and wife..Marriage is
a big commitment to me and i have committed my heart loving you and been your girl because you have the right love and the right heart for me…
i sincerely do love and trust you so much that every minute am always thinking about you and how bad i miss you. Trust is all we have build
our love on..and i do trust you completely that i have layed my heart for you and u have blessed it with the beauty of your love..
your sincerity and honesty made me love you completed that i just think and dream of you each night and day and i cant wait to have you in my arms…

this Letter Thank my