1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Using Props To Attract Someone

By October 29, 2013

I've been told on more than a few occasions that Halloween is the best time of year to meet someone. Why? Because everyone in a costume has a built in conversation starter.

So then why not use this same idea and integrate it into our everyday lives? The concept is an integral one to the pickup artist culture (although they call it peacocking), where the person trying to attract someone wears or has on at least one conversation piece.

Which isn't to say I think you should go all out and become something you aren't. But at the same time, if you can inject some of the fun and frivolity of Halloween into your day to day life, and it allows you to meet someone truly special, why wouldn't you try it and see?

Have you ever used a prop to attract someone? Did it work? Why or why not?

Related: Attract a Love Relationship Using Feng Shui, How To Attract Someone, What is the Law of Attraction?, Using Pheromones To Attract People, Make a Halloween Gingerbread House.

Comments
October 4, 2009 at 11:46 am
(1) cassie duncan says:

I must confess to in summer wearing boob/tubes, bikinis for the simple reason of getting a bit of attention now and again.

I did once purpously break a heel outside a club to get a guy I liked to “rescue me”.

It didn’t work and I hurt my ankle in the process lol

November 9, 2009 at 3:21 pm
(2) Nataliya says:

Carnaval, masks, festivals make people excited and open for new connections. Sensory acuity attracts different people to each other

October 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm
(3) Matt Savage says:

I’ve been experimenting with suspenders a lot and they seem to be incredibly productive in getting girls to approach or make physical content. When worn in the right way they can look quite stylish and since barely any men wear them these days, they are pretty damn unique, so they stand out well. And here’s the best part, I have met tons of women of just can’t resist grabbing them and snapping them. It’s an instant open :)

October 27, 2010 at 1:36 pm
(4) Leaza in Denver says:

Often, I wear a fedora hat “out on the town.” The hat makes me stand out in the crowd amidst the “other blondes.” :) Guys always compliment me on the hat…. therefore a GREAT conversation starter.

-Leaza in Denver

October 26, 2011 at 2:09 pm
(5) Ann says:

I always try to stand out from the crowd somehow too, like carrying an interest bag that I bought from a Tibetan-themed store. It’s a real conversation piece!

October 27, 2010 at 9:15 pm
(6) FitDarcie says:

Props are hit and miss. I used to work with a guy who brought his accordion with him everywhere he went. I hated it, but he got attention. Props kinda scream ‘lazy’ to me. When I see some guy wearing a ridiculous outfit, I feel like he wants women to approach him. I much prefer cheezy pick-up lines. I wish we could go back to The Fresh Prince days where lines like “You must be tired, cause you’ve been running through my mind all day” were the norm.

October 30, 2010 at 5:15 am
(7) Dating says:

Nice blog :-)

November 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm
(8) PaulAustraliaTeamTv says:

I found my now wife, we met on youtube.

I had a group helping people who get scammed on the internet, we chatted and I came from Australia to America to meet her.

My Prop was having a group helping others.

November 4, 2010 at 1:28 pm
(9) Rich says:

I was a Facebook profile for Halloween, and random women at a party kept coming up to me asking if they could write on my wall or get a picture poking me. It was great – now if only I can think of a way for wearing the costume year round.

November 11, 2010 at 6:25 am
(10) Todays deal says:

i like fun but some time much isn’t good,

November 11, 2010 at 6:29 am
(11) Todays deal says:

cool stuff

November 15, 2010 at 8:16 am
(12) Elina Joshef says:

A free online dating site is a secure way to meet people with similar interests; itís not just about dating but also networking and making new friends.

October 24, 2011 at 7:25 am
(13) Arby says:

Lol! Props. Yes, I’ve used them. Isn’t that what dressing nice is?

No, It hasn’t led to me getting any action. It seems that I would need a time machine, or to win the lottery, to have any chance of getting action.

Before anyone accuses me of being superficial – I don’t care if people accuse me of being an old perv, although it does sting – I also believe in improving my inner self. I’m a big believer in content over form in fact. In all things, when you deal with content, form usually looks after itself or else needs little intervention in order to be appealing. I eat right (mostly organic at home and as much as possible when out), exercise, keep my mind active (blogging, researching, writing, thinking about things, engaging interested others in conversation about politics or whatever) and try to stay positive. If I ever get a ‘yes’ (that I’m prepared for), I don’t want to find myself unable to deliver (in every sense of the word) only because I’ve been faking it. I want to be a person, not a ‘Stepford’ guy.

November 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm
(14) Online Dating Wesbsites says:

hi, Bonny Albo. i enjoy reading your articles, thank you for sharing.

November 13, 2011 at 4:21 am
(15) Cindy says:

Hey when dating be creative props are a bonus to find a person to date is sometime a journey that requires at little creativity.