1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Will He Call For A Second Date?

By November 29, 2013

A reader asks, "We had a great first date two weeks ago, but I haven't heard from him since about a second date. When will he call?"

I've answered with a bit more breadth in When Will He Call For A Second Date, but basically I'll say that after two weeks if the guy hasn't even touched base with you its time to move on. I'll also recommend picking up a copy of Why Didn't He Call You Back by Rachel Greenwald (Buy Direct). In it, the author shares her findings regarding 1,000 men, and why they didn't call their dates back. I think almost every single woman will find herself in at least one of the categories listed, and it might provide you with some constructive feedback as to what to do in the future.

What do you think, dear readers? When, or will, this gent call for another date? How long do you wait?

Related: First Date Tips for Success, Have the Perfect First Date, How to Date Safely.

Comments
November 10, 2009 at 7:24 am
(1) Steve Bolton says:

Interesting article, Bonny, love your site, will be keeping in touch

November 10, 2009 at 7:27 pm
(2) Wing Girl Kim says:

The truth is, every guy has his reason for what he does or doesn’t do. That’s what makes us HUMAN. We are not robots. We do not come with programming. (Though we can become programmed. Ouch. Did i go there?)

For EVERY single woman out there, my advice is be independent. The fact that a woman can’t stop thinking about a guy she barely knows makes it a crush. When we’re independent, the fact that he hasn’t called again flicks the switch that tells us to let it go! But when we’re clingy, we have issues to fix, and it’s not wise to wait for someone else to fix them.

Women, go after your personal dreams. If your dream is to get married, then consider an arranged one, because men are generally not attracted to women who only care about getting married.

Take care of yourself first. Heal yourself. Put your energy into something productive. Help others. Volunteer. Fill your time with activities that can help the world, or do something you love doing and share it with people. Then you will know independence. Then you will attract a guy who’s right for you.

November 21, 2009 at 2:58 am
(3) Mike says:

OMG! Yes! That’s right! Don’t waste another minute of you life waiting for that second date. After 14 days it’s time to ride on!

November 26, 2009 at 10:24 pm
(4) dating book says:

nice post! ohh.. maybe you just have to wait for a while and be positive. do not be in a rush..if the guy likes you.. he`ll make you feel that.

November 28, 2009 at 9:37 am
(5) Calia Roze says:

I have found that if someone is interested, the rules often go out the window. No one is “that cool” that they won’t call for weeks at a time!

June 6, 2010 at 5:58 am
(6) ex back says:

Fourteen days after your first date and still no call or even a message should tell you that he is not really interested. But if you’re really interested why don’t you make the call and ask him out?

November 17, 2010 at 12:25 pm
(7) Dating Advice For Dating.com says:

I would have to agree with ex back. Women are always waiting for men to make the move. Every woman thinks that they are so important that they will just have to sit around and wait and the guy will do everything.

They expect the guy to start a conversation with them, ask them out, make up what will happen on the date, pay for everything, be the one to incessantly call or try and contact them, ect. Lets be real, times are changing and if you are a woman that is interested in a man do something about it. At least do something to make a step, even a little one.

November 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm
(8) Filipino Dating says:

I think there is no hard and first rule that he will call you for the second date. If you really like him you just call him back for second date and see what miracle is waiting for you.

January 12, 2012 at 1:52 am
(9) Confused dater says:

My question about dating is I have recently started dating someone who I really like. We both acknowledge that there is definitely chemistry there on both ends. He recently mentioned to me “You know I always initiate contact. So, if I would of never contacted you would you of never contacted me?” My answer was no because I would of just figured he wasn’t interested in me. I’m a bit old fashioned so yes I don’t like to feel like I’m “chasing someone.” So am I being realistic in just taking my time & seeing if he is “REALLY” interested in me ? Or am I running off of an “old record” about “OH where’s my Prince Charming on his white horse ?”