This is Day Two of the 30 Days of Romance. For an explanation and to start your journey, take a peek at Day One.
Yes, as the saying goes, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I've even got a picture on my phone somewhere of a sand sculpture depicting just that. Really though, many cultures feel that love is shared through food, and with both men and women alike. Singles and couples can also use any today's romantic suggestions to increase the love in their lives with a bit of flare and creativity.
- Vary your routine with a unique dinner and a movie date night;
- Cook a meal replete with known, nutritionally-based aphrodisiacs or superfoods that enhance your sex life;
- Buy yourself a cookbook meant for lovers, and try out a recipe once a week;
- Have a competition with your partner, your friends, or just yourself, to find the most romantic restaurant in town. Explore different options as your pocketbook allows, either on a daily, weekly or monthly basis;
- Buy yourself, or your partner, a small kitchen-related gift;
- Try cooking something outside of your comfort zone, such as wild game, bbq, or local foods, or try a new-to-you cuisine such as Thai, Spanish, Morrocan, Korean, Dutch or Australian.
- Make everything for the day, week, or month, have something heart-shaped or red in/on it, such as dusting your french toast with heart-shaped icing sugar, making heart-shaped ice cubes, putting any condiments on your plate in heart shapes (or spelling out I Love You), and other heart-shaped foods.
How do you use food to show your love? What's touched your heart as a romantic gesture from a partner, friend, or even a gift you gave yourself, that was food-related?