1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Last Minute Valentine Gifts

By February 11, 2014

A few recent emails have asked me what kind of Valentine gifts readers could buy for their partner at the last minute - either because they'd completely forgotten about the event, really had no clue what to do and waited until the last minute, or had just started a relationship and weren't sure if they should get their new partner something special.

For those in the forgetful camp, I've created a small but fun list of last minute valentine gifts, most of which are inexpensive. I've also tried to include a few on the list that were appropriate for newer couplings as well as more seasoned partnerships. I'd also recommend taking a peek at my first date gift ideas for those new to each other - everything on the list is inexpensive, fun, and lighthearted enough to share early on, while still providing ample opportunity for romance and/or get-to-know-you conversations.

Do you have any suggestions for last minute valentine gifts, or has your partner ever surprised you with something truly magical that probably didn't take a lot of time to set up?

More last minute valentine gift ideas:

• Flower Gifts - why last minute? Because they deliver!
  • Valentines Day Chocolatesmost of these only have another day to ship, so you may want to order right now if you'd like it in time.
  • Plant A Tree Gift - Self explanatory probably; you purchase a tree on behalf of your partner virtually, and the tree is named after them in their honor. Or, you could go to a nursery and purchase a small tree and plant it together as a symbol of your love growing for one another.
  • Romantic Valentine Ideas - Everything on this list is something you can create with a day's notice or less.
  • Romantic Dinner for Two - I like pairing this one with the dinner and a movie date idea personally, but you could just go all out making dinner instead.
  • Romantic Text Messages - Honestly, there's no reason why you can't use your cell phone to create romance with your partner. Maybe a lovey scavenger hunt, or a series of short, cute love quotes throughout the day?
  • You Light Up My Life Romantic Idea - Quick, simple, and only as far away as the dollar or toy store.
Comments
February 12, 2010 at 11:21 am
(1) Jake says:

Overnight delivery is my best friend. Heart shaped cheesecakes are a guaranteed way to stay out of the dog house.

February 12, 2010 at 3:33 pm
(2) Teresa says:

Why not give the gift of song? You can record your own version of a karaoke love song online and share it with your true love. Who could resist being sung to?

February 12, 2010 at 4:03 pm
(3) Reverend Keith says:

This morning I wrote a quick guide on How to Write a Love Poem. I always like to give poetry as gifts. Simple and inexpensive but thoughtful.

February 13, 2010 at 12:36 am
(4) Sam Dousan says:

thank’s for sharing us beautiful tips for this valentine,impress our partner i try my best to follow your tips for impress my partner.thank’s for suggesting me a wonderful tips…..
thanks

February 25, 2010 at 7:53 am
(5) Emma says:

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy reading your info. Keep it up :) .

September 6, 2010 at 9:49 am
(6) Last Minute Hotels says:

thanks for the last minute valentine gifts idea, its so hard to think of gifts every year for your love ones. Some of the ideas i can think of is to travel together, stay at nice hotels, tour together or give jewelries. thanks for the post

March 9, 2011 at 12:30 am
(7) virgil says:

you should make it were it dont cost nothing cuz theres date sites that do that nameing one singlesnet is a site were you dont have to pay to chat with sum one

March 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm
(8) ArthurDidsbury says:

Sorry speeddate but I cannot give you a good recomandation cause I’ve been on speedate for at least 4 mths and I haven’t got one date or responce to any of the females that I sent messages to.I’ve tried another date site and had the same results so I don’t really believe that everybody gets lucky on date sites,I guess like they say that when you least expect it you will find somebody.