1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

What Was Your Best Date Ever?

By February 28, 2014

Have you ever had a date that you knew you'd never forget, no matter what happened with the relationship? One that took your breath away, one that made you giggle, or one that just plain made you feel great?

I've heard some dating disaster doozies, and a lot of love stories that made my heart swell. But what I'm after are those dates that will go down in your personal history as one of the best dates of all time - and I'd love to know why said date was so amazing. Did you share great chemistry, or did the words just flow like with no one else? Was it a first date, or was it with someone you'd been dating for years? Were any intimacies exchanged, or was it more lighthearted and and carefree? Did you share your first kiss on the date, or did you do something else - or nothing at all?

I'd like to collect a huge database of the best dates ever, so that other singles and dating couples can read through the list, get inspired, try some of the great date ideas themselves, and report back how their amazing date fared. So don't be shy and share your good date stories - and maybe even win the reader story of the week.

Comments
February 26, 2010 at 2:12 am
(1) CafeCupid says:

I really don’t know where to start or how to start. I always had a great dates. I can’t say which one was the best or worse but I will think about one of my funniest date ever. Hope I will have enough space in here to write.

March 14, 2010 at 3:55 am
(2) msberry says:

ive gone one plenty dates, some were great, some not so great. many have taken me out to fancy restaurants or the movies, but in the end would only try to get fresh with me. however, one particular date that stood out to me the most was with this simple, yet charming guy. we went to the movies, then had starbucks afterwards. then we sat on a bench outside the coffee shop underneathe the palm trees to try to get more acquainted.i liked how awfully charming and hilarious he truly was, yet so respectful. he impressed me when we started talking about how his relationship is with the higher power. i was inspired. i will never forget that guy. and i liked how he didnt attempt to get fresh with me, even though i saw it in his eyes that he wanted to kiss me.

August 14, 2010 at 9:40 am
(3) Dave says:

I met a guy at a friend’s 4th of July barbecue, after which we started talking/keeping in touch, and even went to an art auction together that his mother was hosting here in Maine. But I wanted to have a real first date with just the two of us, so I recently asked him out on a date. Even though we had known each other and gotten together several times, I was so nervous to ask! He said he’d love to, so we had a nice dinner at a little Thai restaurant where we got a chance to get to know more about each other, followed by sharing a pint of ice cream in my car, and then a late evening walk down by the waterfront in town. We ended up out by a field where we could see the stars–we talked about some constellations we knew, and then saw four shooting stars! Afterwards, I took him back to his place where we had a long goodbye kiss. My favorite part was that we talked more after I got home! And though this was a really nice evening, I think the best dates really do come from having a great connection with the person you’re going out with. :)

December 9, 2010 at 7:06 am
(4) birthdaygirl says:

I’ve never really been on an actual date but I think this counts and it was one of the best nights of my life. It was summer. My boyfriend at the time came over to my house and said we were going somewhere, he had a rucksack with him and wouldn’t tell me what was in it. We took a walk by the university campus where there’s long pathways with trees next to the river. He walked for ages and then went into this sort copse of fallen trees and when you walked through it it came to this little clearing so that you could see the whole river. He asked me to turn around so I couldn’t see what he was doing and I did. Then he blindfolded me to make sure I couldn’t see and he bought I scarf to do this and everything. Finally he took the blindfold off and I turned around.. He laid down a blanket on the space and surrounded it by lit candles.. There must have been about 10-15 candles around it. We laid down on the blanket around the candles and there were more supprises – mashmallows which he tried to toast on the candles and sparklers. Most romantic thing anyone had ever done for me.
When I went home and woke my mum up to tell her about it she said I was glowing and my eyes were glittering, and that’s exactly how I felt. We’ve long since broken up

February 21, 2011 at 4:01 am
(5) Alex Smith says:

I love your style. you know what are you talking about.

February 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm
(6) Casy says:

I got plenty of nice dates, but the most wonderful date I’ve ever had was when I really prayed for a fresher air to distress. Then, this guy asked me out on a date where he brought me to the countryside, with all the tastiest picnic smoothies he prepared and amazing food. It came to me as a surprise and I guess, it also helps if you share your thoughts so your partner can have an idea on the appropriate place to bring you to.

February 28, 2011 at 2:38 am
(7) Single Dating USA says:

My first date was so nice for me when i first time proposed a person and she accepted my proposal. This day was one the best day of life because from that day up to now we are together and now we are going to marry in april of this month.

April 1, 2011 at 2:30 pm
(8) LookingForLove31 says:

These comments have brought a huge smile to my face!

April 13, 2011 at 5:47 am
(9) James :) says:

The greatest date that I have ever been on started out with a blimp ride a bottle of wine and some perfectly cut cheese snacks. The guy who I went out on was or probably is the most sincere, loving, calming, charming guy that one could ever have or meet. After the blimp ride i was stunned. A first date? Wow… But Oh, no…thinking it was over, i was wrong. He then takes me to this 5 star restraint near the beach … Feeds me with anything that i wanted and his conversation that he gave me was just amazing. I was hot for him! We went to the beach walked around and went to a shop. Is this guy perfect or what. I put on a fashion show for him and he loved every imperfection of mine more than my strongest aspects. . . . we then rapped up the night with a simple ten second kiss on my door step. I invited him in, but he asked to take it slow, which i respected. We waited till we got married and my life cannot be any more happier being with this guy.

August 2, 2011 at 6:59 am
(10) Alex says:

My best date ever was the one that ended up being the girl I married.
Can’t say that date went bad now can I :)

January 16, 2012 at 4:51 am
(11) realperson says:

Wow. What a bunch of liars.

February 15, 2012 at 3:25 pm
(12) hack says:

This was not my date, but a friend’s date. I enjoyed it immensely!

My friend goes out with a lady — and finds out she’s already married and is just trying to recruit him to Amway!

February 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm
(13) fred says:

that’s funny hack!! LOL

February 20, 2012 at 6:04 pm
(14) Lance Danger says:

What a bunch of LAMOS. I was looking for some good ideas when I found these comments and i have to say, you need a little help. Not that i have the wire on the best date ever or i wouldnt be here but how about this … Women are always feeling like they do it all for a man so a killer date is when a guy invites a gal over to his house and fixes her a dinner to die for – you pick but make it a little out of the ordinary. I usually cook Cornish Game hens in a clay pot – its a dead pan winner; even if she’s sciddish about wild game- NOT there is no gamey taste whatsoever. Complete with candle light, wine and some great jazz, you gotta know she’s loving it. Top it off with some deep conversation about what she cares deeply about, what she really wants in life and what she finds most attractive in a man and you are headed for the sack! Not that you need to – best is to just enyoy the evening and then walk them to their car and get a simple good night kiss – believe me, they’ll be back!

February 21, 2012 at 3:11 pm
(15) Mattress Maniac says:

I can think of one I did for someone else! I drove 5 hrs to pick them up, then another 2 towards Las Vegas. We stayed in the Venetian Hotel, went to her favorite restaurant, and to the blue man group show. It was a blast! I can’t wait to do more fun things for others.

July 30, 2012 at 2:06 am
(16) MSU Girl says:

My best date ever was so simple and sweet. We picked up Subway and then went and had a picnic on a floating dock/gazebo on the lake at the Wildlife Refuge. It was so romantic and secluded. It was 13 years ago and I still think about it. I often wonder where he is now….

November 17, 2012 at 1:10 am
(17) keif says:

Love at first site and remembering all the details of the first encouter. Actually going on an unofficial date. Started at the his house, ex boyfriend and his friends stalking me and staying outside. Busting out of the yard in the truck and heading to the desert. Putting a blanket down outside and making love.

January 21, 2013 at 4:52 pm
(18) Nerdz4Life says:

Best date I’ve ever been onů. Happened yesterday. :) We went and saw a movie, then went and drove go-karts, and then went somewher elese and played laser tag! :) It was seriously amazing.

January 30, 2013 at 11:19 pm
(19) real person fan says:

lol real person you are sooo funny but i think some of the people got to be telling the truth and its nice just to imagine isnt it :D

March 2, 2014 at 2:13 pm
(20) Mark says:

When I met my ex wife (we were married 20 years) I asked her out for dinner. At that time i owned a Jeep and there was a spot I knew on top of a mountain where yo had an amazing view of the river below and the city of Montreal.
Earlier in the afternoon before picking her up I had gone up there and hid a fold up table 2 lawn chairs 2 laterns and a blanket. Before I picked her up I filled a cooler with 2 bottles of wine, shrimp an dipping sauce, cretons (traditional quebec spread similar to pate du fois gras) various cheezes and fruits.
Drove out there and when I turned off the road she was looking at me like omg he is an axe murderer! When we came up the back side of the mountain and topped the rise She could see the river and Montreal spread out below us. Then I pulled out the table,chairs and lanterns, set up the food and wine.
The forst words out of her mouth were “I’m impressed, I’m very very impressed”
I guess it worked because we eventual got married.