Dating Sites Housed Under the Spark Networks Umbrella:
- Adventist Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
- Asian Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
- BBW Personals Plus (Buy Direct)
- BlackSingles.com (Buy Direct)
- Canadian Personals (Buy Direct)
- Catholic Mingle (Buy Direct)
- ChristianMingle (Buy Direct)
- Deaf Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
- Greek Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
- HurryDate (Buy Direct)
- Indian Matrimonial Network (Buy Direct)
- Interracial Singles (Buy Direct)
- Italian Singles Connection
- JDate (Buy Direct)
- Jewish Mingle (Buy Direct)
- Latin Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
- LDS Mingle (Buy Direct)
- LDS Singles (Buy Direct)
- Military Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
- Silver Singles (Buy Direct)
- Single Parents Mingle (Buy Direct)
- Spark.com (Buy Direct)
- UK Singles Connection (Buy Direct)
For the first quarter of 2012, Spark Networks showed a total revenue growth of 33% ($14.6 million), with the highest number of subscribers in five years. (see: Spark Networks Reports First Quarter Financial Results)
For the fourth quarter of 2011, Spark Networks had revenues of $12.9 million, an increase of 7.1% over the same quarter the year prior. (see: Spark Networks Reports Fourth Quarter Revenue Growth)
For the year ending 2011, sales were reported at $48.5 million, one year growth at 18.7%, and net income $1.6 million.
Spark Networks, Inc.
8383 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 800
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
CA Tel. 323-658-3000
History of Spark Networks:
- An independent research company finds that JDate "is responsible for more Jewish marriages than all other online dating sites combined." (see: JDate Engages Its Success Story Couples With Launch of New Marriage Proposal Program
- Feb: HurryDate breaks record for largest speed dating event in the world, with 414 singles in attendance.
- Mar: Senior Singles Meet changes its name to SilverSingles.
- Feb: Adam Berger appointed as CEO, while current CEO David Siminoff resigns, but retains his position as Chairman.
- Jul: Spark Networks PLC, UK becomes a subsidiary of Spark Networks Inc.
- Dec: Revenue for fourth quarter was $13.0 million with net income of $6.6 million.
- 2.45 million unique visitors to all Spark Networks properties in November 2007, putting it fourth in its category behind Yahoo! Personals, Match.com and SinglesNet. (Parent of Dating Sites Looks for a Match)
- May: BlackSingles.com relaunches and JDate wins a Webby Award.
- Reported revenue $68.9 million with net income of $6.6 million.
- Purchased HurryDate, LDSSingles.com, Stu & Lu Productions’ Schmooz-a-Palooza.
- Dec: JDate average paid subscribers 74,983.
- Started trading on AMEX under “LOV” on February 14, 2006.
- Feb: Co-Founder and Co-Chairman Alon Carmel leaves Spark Networks, so Joe Shapira moves to the position of Chairman of the company’s Board of Directors.
- Mar: Spark Networks Files $75 Million IPO, trading under “SPRK”.
- Dec: Co-Founder Joe Shapiro steps down as Spark Networks Executive.
- Dec: JDate average # of paid subscribers: 71,967.
- Acquired MingleMatch.
- Spark Networks starts as a home based business by entrepreneur Joe Y. Shapira. (Parent of Dating Sites Looks for a Match)