If you've got unlimited text messaging services, then sending your partner a quick text telling them how much you miss them is an excellent use of its features. But what if you know how you feel, but are struggling for the words to say?
I've compiled a list of some of my favorite I miss you text messages here, but there is always room for more. If you've used or received an i miss you text that you'd like to share, make sure to fill out this quick form.
I Miss You Text Message Idea #1: Use Quotes
Its a challenge to quote someone famous in 160 characters or less. That's why of these short yet sweet I miss you text message ideas harness the wisdom of years gone by so you can focus on your feelings, and not wrestle with how to put it into words.
- "All days are nights to see till I see thee." - William Shakespeare
- "If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden." - Claudia Ghandi
- "Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell." - Emily Dickinson
- "What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you." - Richard Wilbur
- "The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected." - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- "I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart." - Albany Bach Reid
I Miss You Text Message Idea #2: Use Songs
It can be really difficult to be apart from your boyfriend or girlfriend, and sometimes we get overwhelmed with just how much we miss that person. Trying to put too much into a short few words won't convey what you need, so instead tap into a song that expresses how you feel. You could just quote the title or a line from the song, or you could purchase a ringtone for your partner to use, so that every time you call they'll know how much you miss them. Some songs that channel that longing feeling:
- Come Home by One Republic
- Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers
- Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
- Far Away by Nickelback
- SOS by ABBA
- Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O'Connor
I Miss You Text Message Idea #3: Create A Theme
Sometimes all you need is a cue to get the creative juices going. Why not send one text message to start off a list that progresses throughout the time you are apart, beginning with, "How much do I miss you? Let me count the ways..." Then, use a number in front of each i miss you text message from now on in to show your partner you're still coming up with new reasons and ways you miss them, and make sure to be as specific as you can, such as:
- 1 - I miss you reminding me to get to bed early;
- 2 - I miss it when it rains and your hair goes all curly;
- 3 - I miss how you scrunch up your nose when you laugh;
- 4 - I miss how you smell when you get out of the bath.