With regards to a relationship, drama refers to the emotional upheaval or turbulence felt in a relationship on an episodic level that has no resolution.
Some counselors feel that relationship drama is usually associated with shame-based behaviors, such as contempt, denial, distancing, control and/or rage that prevent either party involved from really dealing with a specific relationship issue. Other mental health professionals mention relationship drama and the roles of "victim" and "persecutor" (see: Drama, by Michael Samsel MA, LMHC).
Mentions of Relationship Drama in Popular Culture
- [song] Drama, Love, Relationships, by Babyface
- [quote] "When you run into someone that you used to be in love with, all that you have is drama, desperation and not knowing what to do." ~ Taylor Swift
- [book] Drama Kings: The Men Who Drive Strong Women Crazy by Dalma Heyn
- [URL] Draining the Drama Out Of Your Relationships
- [URL] 7 Crucial Steps To Minimize Drama in Your Life
"What's going on with you two? You're fighting a lot."
"Yeah, we've got some massive relationship drama lately."