Lovestruck iPhone App Features
Lovestruck offers its users the following features:
- Find other single professionals, as Lovestruck 'filters' unemployed folks from signing up for their service;
- See who else is nearby geographically and looking for a date;
- Upload up to four pictures of yourself to Lovestruck, and browse other users' photo albums;
- Receive alerts when other Lovestruck users are within 50, 150 or 500 meters;
- Turn geographic positioning features on or off depending on where you are (such as work), or what you're up to (on a date and don't want to be bothered);
- Control who can see what about you with extended privacy features - the default is the highest setting possible;
- Wink and/or favorite other members, and see who has listed you on their favorites list;
- Browse other members, and both send and receive unlimited messages;
- Search for other singles in the area, by keyword, interests and hobbies. Or use the Little Black Book feature, which automatically lists other users close in age and within general proximity to a specific landmark. So if you're looking for a 25-year-old that works in the financial district, you'll get a list of suitable matches.
Basic Lovestruck App Details
The Lovestruck iPhone app is free. iPhone rates the app 17+, as it hosts infrequent and/or mild profanity, infrequent and/or mild crude humour, frequent suggestive or mature themes, and infrequent and/or mild sexual content or nudity. Lovestruck Ltd. sells the app, and only makes it available in certain international cities at this time. Requires an iPhone, iPod touch and/or iPad to use, as well as iOS 3.0 or later.
Lovestruck iPhone App Bottom Line
For singles living in one of the select locations that Lovestruck currently caters to, the app offers an unusual way to meet new people, all while keeping your privacy intact. With no costs whatsoever, it isn't a bad idea to try out, but I'd recommend maintaining the standard privacy settings so that your current location remains secret. Knowing another single is within 50 meters could make some users uncomfortable, or even unsafe if someone chooses to look for you, unannounced.