Are you and your loved one separated by distance right now? It can be a challenge to keep the love alive, even if the time spent away isn't long. Try some of these tips for long distance relationships to let your sweetie know just how much you care.
- "Watch" a romantic movie together by renting the same flick at the same time. The two of you can discuss the film later by phone, email, or the next time you see each other in person.
- Send each other loving gifts appropriate for a long distance relationship, like taking out an ad in the local-to-them newspaper to express your love, learning how to take erotic photos of yourself and then emailing the results, or ordering a romantic dinner for them to be delivered to their home.
- Write a love letter to say I love you.
- Download a video chat program, and then schedule regular, virtual get-togethers.
- Send as many ecards and physical cards as you can afford to let your partner know they are always on your mind.
- Send romantic text messages to keep the love alive.
- Use an internet phone service like Skype to ensure your long distance phone bills remains manageable.
- Start a blog of your relationship, and commit to posting on a regular time schedule to keep each other up-to-date on your daily comings and goings.
- Continue to have "dates" with each other, where you use a webcam to share time like you normally would when the two of you are at home.
- Create an ongoing, frequently updated list of the things you want to do together the next time you see each other. This could be as simple as using a shared to-do list service, or sending each other one piece of paper back and forth with your care packages for the other to update.
Do you have more ways to keep the love alive in a long distance relationship that aren't listed here? Send in your suggestions and ideas to the Dating Expert for About.com, Bonny Albo.