When speaking of dating and/or relationships, the term, "law of attraction" could refer to one of the following concepts:
- When two people who are attracted to each other tend to be in close physical proximity to one another.
- The philosophy that one's actions, behaviors and thoughts attract certain events and people into our lives.
- Creating a life that would attract the kind of people one would want to associate with.
Numerous books, television shows, research papers and articles have quoted this supposed law in varying ways and degrees, many combining other aspects of life such as money, health or power. Thomas Troward made the first mention in 1904, saying, "the action of Mind plants that nucleus which, if allowed to grow undisturbed, will eventually attract to itself all the conditions necessary for its manifestation in outward visible form." (Judge Thomas Troward, “The Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science,” 1904.)
The following media focus on the law of attraction specifically for dating and romantic relationships:
- 2011 - The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction by Arielle Ford (Buy Direct)
- 2010 - Meeting Your Half-Orange: An Utterly Upbeat Guide to Using Dating Optimism to Find Your Perfect Match by Amy Spencer
- 2010 - Let Love In: Open Your Heart and Mind to Attract Your Ideal Partner by Debra Berndt
- 2008 - How To Be Wanted: Use the Law of Attraction to Date the Man You Most Desire and Live the Life You Deserve by Romy Miller
- 2007 - Love Will Find You: 9 Magnets to Bring You and Your Soulmate Together by Katheryn Alice
- 2006 - The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (movie, book)
- 2004 - Calling in "The One": 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life by Katherine Woodward Thomas
A dating site, Abraham Singles focuses entirely on using Abraham Hicks' beliefs about the law of attraction to meet the love of your life.