For me, there are few things as romantic as looking at the stars with a partner. Lying on a blanket on a warm summer
night next to a loved one? Ah... bliss! But there's a lot you can do beyond this kind of simple date idea to incorporate the sun, moon and stars, and here are some of my favorites.
- Buy an astrology chart for your partner, or a compatibility chart for the two of you. Make a point of sharing with them what parts of the program you agree with, or use their personal chart to come up with daily or weekly ideas to pump up their life with romantic gestures.
- Name a star after your partner. (Buy Direct).
- Find out when you're the most likely to see falling stars in your area, (About.com's Guide to Space has a great list of Meteor Showers) and book off time for the two of you to watch them during a romantic evening together.
- Meteoroids are merely stars that have fallen to the earth. Why not go to a local gift shop and see if you can purchase one for your partner to give to them, perhaps in tandem with the falling stars idea from the item above?
- If you live in a climate where you can't get outside often to look at the stars, or if you can't see the stars from your apartment, then create your own planetarium anytime with a smaller, motorized version of what you see at the planetarium light shows, and invite your love over for a midnight picnic to enjoy it together. (Buy Direct)
- Get your partner a sun and star dial, and learn together how to use it. (Buy Direct).
Related: You Light Up My Life Romantic Idea, Romantic Gifts for Men, Romantic Gifts for Her.