There are a great many ways to be romantic, but few are as simple and easy as sending a romantic text message good night. These romantic good night ideas might also work as short emails, instant messaging quips, or written on sticky notes for a loved one who returns home later than you. No matter what the situation however, you'll find an appropriate romantic message here that will show your partner or date that you're thinking of them, and maybe even inject a little more romance and passion into your relationship.
SMS Good Night Message Idea #1: Create a Nightly Ritual
There's a difference between your nightly routine - such as sitting down and watching TV after a long day together - and a nightly ritual. Routines are something that you do with regularity, but don't add anything connective or bonding to your relationship. Rituals on the other hand, not only repeat on a scheduled basis, but they also offer something that enriches your relationship, or bonds the two of you together. But what can you do nightly that offers up an emotional connection with your lover, while still keeps things fun and exciting? Why not:
- Share something that made you grateful to have your partner in your life today.
- Describe a moment that made you miss your partner, or long for their touch.
- Say, "I thought of you today..." and then fill in the blank as to when, where and why.
- Use their pet name while saying goodnight.
- Hide something small and romantic in the house (like a sticky note with an "I love you," written on it, or a small flower from your garden) and use SMS good night messages to provide clues until they find it. If they don't locate the item, try again tomorrow night...
SMS Good Night Message Idea #2: Write Your Own Poem
You don't have to be a famous poet to take on this romantic good night idea, just a teensy bit creative. Use Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem as inspiration: "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..." Then for as many nights in a row as you'd like (a week? a month? forever?) fill in the blank with your own reason(s) why you love your partner. Some ideas to get you started:
- I don't feel like I have to pretend when I'm with you. I can just be me.
- You've never given up on me.
- We bring out the best in one another.
- When I need to hear something, you're always the first to say it.
- You've seen me at my best and my worst, yet love me anyway.
SMS Good Night Message Idea #3: Share Love Poetry
When you don't have the right words to send a good night message to your partner, sometimes it's easier (and more romantic!) to let the experts do it for you. Romantic quotes, cute love quotes, or first kiss quotes might do the trick, but here are a few to whet your appetite:
- "Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be morrow.” ~ Shakespeare
- "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities." ~ Janos Arany
- "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you." ~ Ibn Abbad
- "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "I need the starshine of your heavenly eyes, After the day's great sun." ~ Charles Hanson Towne
If you've got a romantic good night message that you're itching to share, feel free to add it to the romantic good night SMS messages list.