The term pansexuality can mean different things to different people. I've received a lot of emails and comments about what I define pansexuality
as, so now I'd like to hear from you. How do you define pansexuality, or how was the concept explained to you?
Disagreement on Pansexual and Bisexual
- I extremely dislike the implication that bisexual people are not accepting. To me, bisexual is a term that states a person is sexually attracted to people with either set of genitals. The implication here is that somehow, a bisexual obviously thinks of gender first and foremost, which is simply not true.
There's already a term for fluid sexuality. It's "queer." I'm not going to begrudge people their definitions of self, but I feel like the definition presented here does a great disservice to the GLBTQ community as a whole.
Pansexual, like queer, is a blanket term, that, for many people identifying as such, includes biological bisexual tendencies.
It's "neat" to say that you love a person for who they are, not their gender. Here's the thing... So do bisexuals. So how do you justify perpetuating this idea that bisexuals are somehow not as open to people?
The more we seek to minutely define ourselves, the more lines we draw that separate us. Don't be a cog in that machine.
- —Guest Quasita
- actually, I never label myself in anything. however I'm struggling with one issue. can we live without gender ? any answer are welcome .
- —Guest ron
Bisexual vs Pansexual
- The definition of bisexual in this is completely off base. Bisexual is 2 two TWO. Meaning the same as and different. So being a female bisexual means that I am attracted to someone of the same gender as myself, as well as someone who is of a different gender. This includes literally anyone who identifies as a different gender to me. Not exclusively just male and female. I just wanted to clear it up as people are constantly getting it wrong. But this by no means that bisexuality and pansexuality are the same. They are definitely not. Someone can identify as one or the other, but other people don't feel the need. I happily identify as both. But never assume they are the same, and never assume someone who identifies as bisexual will also identify as pansexual, never assume someone who identifies as pansexual will also identify as bisexual. Because most people do not. Dont confuse them, and don't think they are the same
- —Guest beth
- The medical meaning of a pansexual is actually a person who has sex with any person of object.
- —Guest Thia
- I was confused , I thought I was Straight , than I was confused for while , I always believed love was not about gender but about there personality , But than I was Asexual for short period time questioning , Than Bisexual , Than I was like love is blind no matter what gender , I looked further into pansexual , I'm proud of who I am , and who I realized who I was.
- —Guest I see
I Understand it Well!
- Hello to All and Merry Christmas!
Well lets see if I can put into wqords what I feel in my heart. I am Bi Sexual, a Cross Dresser, Effectionate and sensitive individual. I find that Pansexual if a wonderful term that connects a person as myself to others with similar interests and feelings. I can emotionally, physically and honestly love this individual. I see the soul and the vessel it occupies, not the gender or sexual orientation. I see what that soul is all about and I fallow my heart.
You see, I became fully aware in May of this year. I am of both persuasions, I have a Male Soul as well a Female Soul and therefor I do have two personalities. Since I have come oput of the closet as they say, I have been so much happier with who I am.
I know, get to the point! I found that you have to understand who you are before you can understand anyone else. I love who I am now, I am both David and Laura.
If you have any questions ask.
- —Guest Laura Mann
I am who I am
- I jjst recently found out i am pansexual. I always thought i was bi because i was interested in girls, but then one day i was talking to my friend and told her i would date a girl because of their personality and she told me i was pansexual and it makes so much sense now!!
- —Guest Caitlim
- For loving someone not for what they and you have in difference, but for what you two, or three or a thousand have that is the same... inside of your heart.
- —Guest Nothercloth
- As a universalist unitarian polyamourous pansexual, I define pansexuality as the sexual inclination that surfaces when the wine kicks in and the clothes come off... I've kissed persons of all gender identity. It didn't matter if they had male or female plumbing, but the desire they could stir with their sensuality and drive.
- —Guest Delilah
Pansexual ( :
- The definition of pansexual to me is when you love someone for who they are and not what they have and the word pan is derived from greek meaning all so you have love for all no matter if they are male female or transgender .
- —Guest Forever_young81
Pansexuality in myself
- I am 14. I identified as pansexual as soon as I read the meaning. In myself I find that I become at least partially attracted to all my close friends, because I love their personalities and minds. I am fine never dating any of them, but if any of them approached me romantically I would not say no.
- —Guest KS
Its a relief
- I feel at ease knowing that there is a definition to liking someone as a person and not because Im female and have to like a male. Ive always been bothered with this line they place down the middle of genders. EVERYTHING started out as a SINGLE cell organism, neither male nor female. Our physical binding to our bodies are just years of evolution and reproducing methods. Im not gay. Im not bi. I am who I am.
- —Guest Im Still Here
- Pansexuality, especially in the way that I use it in reference to my own sexual orientation, means to be emotionally and spiritually inclined towards dating members of all genders. Note the use of the word "genders" and not "sexes."
- —Guest Christa
My definition of Pansexual
- I agree with the falling in love with someone for their personality rather than there gender is the best way to describe what a pansexual Is because let's face it looks faid but the personality dose not I'd rather be with someone that Is ugly but I can get along with for the rest of my life and not try to change me and love me for me as I would for them than be with someone that is hot and a real jerk sex is sex love is love sex is over rated but love is what relashionships should be about
- —Guest .
- I'm 14 and I know I'm pansexual. For a while, I just told myself I was straight. Easy that way. But I could never fight that feeling of liking my friends(girls.) It wasn't about the way they looked, Of course not. People called my friend "ugly." I call them beautiful.. from who they are. From the inside they are gorgeous. I'm dating my love right now, And he's male. But I also love my friend. I know pansexual fits me because I can never like someone through looks or what is under their jeans. HEARTS, NOT PARTS
- —Guest Blakeley ^_^