Its a tricky thing, love. Sometimes you think you're falling head over heels, but maybe its just infatuation? Share your thoughts on how you knew you were falling in love here, as well as advice for other readers on how to recognize true love. Share Love Stories
A friendship turned relationship.
- My girlfriend, and best friend, i met nearly 4 years ago. We spent the first 2 years as close friends. We didn't have feelings of love those 2 years. Those developed during the third year. Because as we got closer, we found out what we have in common and it pulled us closer and closer together. Then one day i found myself head over heels for her. When i asked her out, i found out, directly from her parents, shes not allowed to date till college. Well in our 4th year of close friendship and 1 year from college, and we have it all planned out.
- —Guest drask
My silly "love"? story
- im really young girl(15 years old) the thing is since the first day of school i saw this cute guy (i blushed) the day kept running then when i enter to the music classroom to audition to the school band he was there (i discoverded that he plays and drums and that he was gentle) it has passed a year i only talked to him once and i really messed up by saying weird stuff(i was nervious). i dont know what to do, What if his not what i think he is? but what what if i am missing out,but(again) what if i am not in love and its all an ilusion? what if its just puberty? my silly "love"? story.
- —Guest young
i dont know if he likes me or not
- i really like him but i dont know if he knows or not. all mine and his friends know i like him and they try to give him little hints like " i know a girl that likes you " he always said " so i have a girlfriend " and she is my best friend and she doesnt know thaat i like him and when she talks about him i always blush. me and him are best friends and i dont want to ruin that . and if he found out that i like him id die so what should i do
- —Guest 1212345456767
I wish i said hi
- There is this guy who looks at me in class in college. I notice it too but i didnt approach him. I later realised that i like him so much. I always think about him while am reading. Recently i cant even read because i constantly thinks of him. I finally decided to say hi and i cant find him in class. I feel like am breaking apart rihnt now I wish i said Hi to him earlier. My biggest worry is will i ever hee him again
- —Guest Could this be love
It truly is magic
- Love is very subjective, but I'll give my take on it. Me... I fell in love with my best friend, we got along really well and just had amazing chemistry. We talked for hours and hours while maintaining space so we didn't rush into everything. To me, you know you're falling in love when you feel like there is no girl better than the one you are with right now and you can't imagine her not there. You have a strong sense of assurance that she will be faithful and everything wrong with her... doesn't even exist, if you're in love most of the time you are too busy seeing how great she is more than her small imperfections. And once you find the girl you think is "one" don't forget to be thankful. Don't forget! she chose YOU show your appreciation and make her feel special, when in love there is no one more perfect than her. You aren't concerned about the sex... the intimacy... or any of that, you are just as satisfied talking to one another. That's what I feel is love.
- —Guest Jeff
- My heart race just the thought of him. My stomach felt butterflies for the first time. Every time my phone lit up I hoped it was him texting me to see how I was or what I was doing.
- —Guest unknown
We used to be in such beautiful love.
- I've fallen in love with my classmate. He is so gourgeous and he isn't like all the other jerks that i've met. We had something wonderful for about 6 months and then his best friend got real jealous and messed it all up. When I got the txt message from him saying "U know wat i was gonna ask u out 2day bcuz i thought tht u were the1 n but i guess i was wrng." That broke my heart. I still try to flirt and be social with him but all he does is goof around n b funny when it used to b like that but there was also true love that used to be there. I miss his smiles that he would give me and how he would tell me how beautiful i am and how he would compliment me all the time. His best friend lied to him and he believed him in the end. I don't know what I did that was so wrong because what his best friend told him was a huge fat lie. I miss him talking to me, complimenting me, paying a lot of attention to me, etc. I wish he still loved me. I wish we could still have what we used to have.
- —Guest PK
love from church
- I was 8 wen I firstly saw him we went to the same church we met at Christmas eve then new year ,Easter etc. But I never had courage to talk to him As I m not christian but someone very close is So I also go to church wen I visit there also I live in another city now it had been 4 years he also went to another city for studies I'm very confused wat to do I can't stop thinking about him help plzzzz
- —Guest isha185
In doubtful situation
- Well I met this guy online and we've been talking for 5 months now. But last month, I finally told him that I like him and he told me that he's been feeling the same. We share mutual feelings since his gf broke up with him around 3 months ago but I guess we're really just close friends. And he started including an 'x' which means 'kisses' on some of his messages and when I asked him about it, he means it's a sign of endearment, that I'm precious to him.. I don't know what it is but I really think of him almost everytime and what makes me happy is whenever I talk with him.
- —Guest Missy
- There's this guy I've known for four months. I actually came across this fellow via PM when he asked if I would give him permission to write a sequel to a fanfic I had written. I said yes and I don't know why but he seemed to have made a rather satisfactory first impression on me. We confessed our love for each other and I think he may be the one for me. We talk through PM each day and it's amazing how much we look forward to spending time together. He seems very compassionate and understanding and he certainly has a way with words. Thing is, though, we live in two totally different states and there's a four-year age difference between us. (I'm 19; he's 15.) I look forward to spending the rest of my days with him.
- —Guest Voltalia
my first love
- story of 8 years loving in silence...Im indoubt that he love me or not...he just cry when he talk to me
- —Guest sanam
- It was my first day when i was in grade 6, every Math time i had a classmate who sits next to me, we don't really talk, but i started to talk with him, we became best buddies every Math time we exchange seats and go near to each other and talk, sometimes we tease each other by passing a paper, our teacher caught us talking during disscution, she said that "excuse me but are done talking over there?" then our classmates started to tease us but we did not feel any akward or something. few days later of being his buddy i started to grow feelings for him,but something happend...his friend told teased me and told us that i like him then that made us separate . when it was valentines, a lot of students placing a sign "Free Hugs"... when i whet back to my classroom i saw him having a sign "Free Hugs" i blushed then my classmates forced me to hug him so I said "friends?" he nodded and hugged me people were shouting then I herd him telling me at my ear "can we start over again" and I said "yes
- —Guest louise
friendship comes into love
- we are good friends after our friendship i felt that i am in love then i told him and after we are in a relationship but after sometime he told me that he love someone else i totally break but when i feel that he happy with some one else so decided that if he is happy so i will be happy i know that he don't love me but i will always love him..........
- —Guest pari
i dont know what i feel???
- I am going out with this boy for a month and 2 days now and hes so lovely, I can trust him and he trusts me, there has been a lot of lies going around about me cheating, on him which I didn't, and he didn't believe it, thank god! anyways, I cant get him out of my head, my friend and her bf have been going out for a year and broke up the other day and my friend was in tears so was he! its got me thinking if I love my bf or if I just really like him. im not sure if he loves me I think he does but not 100% sure. im so confused, I can feel my heart beat fast and hard every time I think of him which is all the time, its scaring me cuz ive never been in love before so idk if I am. help me please! x
- —Guest Mary Rose
I loved her but, I'm afraid of response.
- Hi my name Dereje I'm university lecturer. I loved one beautiful, clever, genuine & self style girl in the school. She is computer science student, I'm her instructor. I love her. However I ashamed to tell her my love for her. Many things if us is similar: religious , attitude, physical appearance & confidence, but, she is very pretty than me. Pls give idea... I'm always thinking of her!!!! God Bless!!! Thanks!
- —Guest Dereje