1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Would You Attend Your Ex's Wedding?

By April 29, 2011

I'm watching the Royal wedding as I type this blog post. One thing that struck me while listening to the commentary was that both William and Katherine invited their ex's to the proceedings. Someone even noted that even Prince Charles invited his his "first love".

So that begs the question: if an ex of yours invited you to their wedding, would you attend? Would you invite an ex to your wedding? Why or why not?

Comments
May 5, 2011 at 3:10 pm
(1) CynGetsThin says:

if an ex of yours invited you to their wedding, would you attend?

Maybe but probably not. I was engaged to one of my ex-es and the relationship ended poorly. I would NEVER attend his.

Would you invite an ex to your wedding? Why or why not?

Absolutely not. None of my past relationships ended on a high or mutual note. I choose not to talk to any of my exes so naturally would not invite them to my wedding!

May 6, 2011 at 3:41 am
(2) Odemilin Valiant says:

If my ex invited me to her wedding i will attend if am chanced and on the other hand cos i’m not holding any pains against her. It is a positve move so i can even pray for her there is noting wrong attending the wedding.

July 25, 2011 at 1:05 am
(3) pajama jeans says:

If our relationship is that good to where he/she would actually invite me, then I think I would go. I’m pretty sure none of my ex’s would ever invite me lol!

August 1, 2011 at 2:41 am
(4) laptopsunder300 says:

lol, I was just thinking the same thing. I’ve been a bad boy, ny x’s aint inviting me nowhere but to the morgue, lol!

May 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm
(5) How-to-make-a-girl-you says:

I could never attend one of my ex wedding that will cause too much conflict with my wife. If you were in a relationship with someone and you move on and found someone else I would not recommend that you keep contact with your ex much-less to attend their wedding.

July 14, 2011 at 5:39 am
(6) netbooks under 200 says:

I agree, that would be stupid in my opinion and disrespectful to her husband (not that I would really care). Plus it makes you look like sucker IMO.

September 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm
(7) Acne Complex Murad says:

I think it all depends on your relationship with the person before you dated. If you were lifelong friends and you dated a while, it might be possible to put it behind you. Usually though an ex should stay that way and that means no way to a wedding invite.

October 15, 2011 at 11:27 pm
(8) ipad alternatives says:

I don’t think that would be appropriate at all. Then again it depends on the relationship you have with your ex but I don’t think very many people have that good of a relationship.

September 7, 2011 at 1:33 pm
(9) smelly urine says:

No way, that is just not acceptable…

January 26, 2014 at 10:38 am
(10) Shelly says:

My husband’s ex gf decided to show up at our wedding two years ago assuming it was ok since she was dating my husband’s cousin and best friend. I had someone politely ask her to leave our wedding Before entering the reception which lead the cousin and my husbands uncle. And aunt very offended that their sons gf was not accepted to attend. But why should I have to accept to see a woman whom not only slept with my husband but ended in very bad terms with him after she left my husband for his cousin which made it an awkward situation to be in for them all? Plus she has never shown to want to be courteous with us at all. She didn’t even congratulate us that day when she walked right past us! Yes, the cousin was in the wedding but still, if it’s awkward for them to invite is to their home and parties, why would they assume it’s ok to have her show up to our wedding?