1. People & Relationships

Bonny Albo

Couples Dating

By January 27, 2012

Several websites have recently cropped up that cater to couples looking to meet other couples for friendship, according to The Times Argus and The Telegraph.

The concept is simple: couples wanting to meet other couples for social encounters (not adult dating or swinging, however - there are many sites that cater to that niche market already) can sign up, log in, and create a profile for the kind of couple they are looking for. Think of it as Friendster for couples, or as both of the websites mentioned above call it: couples dating.

I may have been single for a while, but I would never have thought of using a website when in a relationship to meet other couples for friendship, and was surprised to see how many already exist - although all of them are still building their user bases. Kupple already has more than 2500 couples listed, Couplets is offering free memberships to anyone who joins before the site hits 2500 members, Couplicity.com is offering a free six month membership to build its user base, and CouplesWorldWide.com offers free memberships to anyone who hosts a couples dating event in their community.

Do you think couples dating is the newest trend in social networking sites? And for those of you in a dating relationship, would you sign up at one of these couples dating sites to meet new people?

Comments
January 11, 2008 at 2:24 pm
(1) CC says:

I think having a service dedicated to couples meeting other couples would be welcome. Meeting new people can be hit or miss. This way folks can find others with similar interests right from the start.

June 20, 2008 at 9:54 am
(2) Erik says:

I have personally used online “coupling” social networks and find them to be as efficient as an online dating site. The more criteria the “coupling” social network can search, the better the results. Having used CoupleStop.com for my Online Couple Dating experiences, itís hit or miss. My girlfriend and I have met couples who are very compatible and others who didn’t work out. I have enjoyed every encounter. Couple Dating has turned out to be a safe and comfortable way to meet new people. I hail from Chicago, a city of 5 Million people, and having hundreds of matches at my finger tips ranked by compatibility makes meeting friends easy.

September 17, 2008 at 4:45 pm
(3) Erik says:

Florinís claim is plainly untrue. Glass Design did poor work, did not complete work and could not meet deadlines. Subsequent to our business dealings with Florin, my coders discovered code pirated from other websites. That is why I took the initiative to hire an experienced staff of programmers dedicated to giving my customers the best Coupling experience possible.

When you join CoupleStop, you can rest assured that the site you experience is a clean, efficient and safe website designed with professionalism and service as its top priorities. Today, CoupleStop.com is an American made and maintained website.

The original source code was based upon OpenSource. Since CoupleStop.comís conception, we have made constant revision to design and source code to address concern for the safety and satisfaction of our members. Along with our online community, CoupleStop is growing in user features, bandwidth and security.

We, at CoupleStop, are advocates of the Apache movement and encourage creative competition. Feel free to take the idea of Couple Networking and build your own community. The infinite possibilities for social networking and web development thrill me! Anyone interested in discussing new innovative ideas, feel free to contact me at administrator@couplestop.com.

September 17, 2008 at 5:46 pm
(4) Filip says:

Apache is a web server not a programming language. you can’t find pirated code in that. In order to proove that to anybody I can offer your website’s source files for free.

September 30, 2008 at 4:56 pm
(5) Christy says:

I’m glad to have seen these comments. My fiance and I were looking to meet new couples that are happily together. We are not swingers but look to find new friends. I think this will help me on our search.

Thanks again.

October 29, 2008 at 12:35 pm
(6) Alina says:

We belong to Couplesworldwide.com. You do not have to host an event to become a member. Membership is completely free to use all the features.

November 25, 2008 at 6:41 pm
(7) Mitchell says:

I tried CoupleStop and it is now free to use.

May 8, 2009 at 7:57 pm
(8) Tom says:

Erik Carrier is a terrible person to be involved with. I agree with “Filip”. I had an awful experience with CoupleStop.com and Erik Carrier refused to refund my money. I would not recommend this website for anybody.

July 10, 2009 at 3:59 pm
(9) Erik says:

Tom,

I am very disappointed to learn of your predicament, but I am afraid you are confused. I carefully handle each membership application and I have never processed a membership for any member named Tom. Further, I have not had a cancellation request in the 2-year-existence of our website. If you contact me at administrator@couplestop.com, I hope we can work out any disagreement you may have.

June 15, 2011 at 12:57 am
(10) Tim says:

Check out http://www.coupleslist.com. Its a site a created after realizing its nearly impossible to meet new couples.

February 1, 2012 at 10:29 pm
(11) Bisou says:

When it comes to kissing…do you need advice? †Do you want to rant about boys (or girls)? †Do you want to hear stories that make you realize you aren’t alone and others have also had their share of good, bad and sad kissing moments? Then check out this new blog! †Tell your friends!

February 2, 2012 at 6:23 pm
(12) Allyson says:

I know that it can be difficult as a couple to hang out with only single friends. You never think it will be until it is, so I can see where this might be coming from. However, the idea of finding friends the same way you find your SO just seems a little strange…

September 11, 2012 at 11:52 pm
(13) kane says:

couples dating site is a speed match server for the couple who want to know and date someone.all is real usa locate members! welcome to be our member in:http://couplesdating.co